Sign in to follow this  
Talonari

Actual 2h hit cap?

So I have been playing ret this time around instead of going prot like I normally do.

Now as far as I am aware normally the hit cap of 2h weapons is somewhere between 8-9%. However I have two gear sets, a lightforge based set for more mana, for more consec and sp during AoE fights like the panther boss in zg, this sits me on 8% including talents.

My other gearset is currently sitting me 10%.

I still miss and quite frequently.

So what is the actual cap? Or is my shit bugged and the talents are not adding the 3% because that's what it feels like at the moment!

pve wise against a level 63 raid boss you wont "miss" at 8-9% hit with a 2hander

you will still see Dodges however

and also Parry or Block if you attack from the front

18 minutes ago, Talonari said:

Yeah that's standard, my problem is I am still getting actual misses which is getting a little frustrating haha.

Are you 110% certain that those are "misses" though and not simply dodge, parry or blocks? It should be literally impossible to miss 2h-swings at 10% hit if hitting from behind.

200% certain, I can get like 2 in a row at times then followed by an actual dodge, dps drops like a rock!

I don't know if clearing the WTF and WBD folders out may correct it, current client was originally downloaded and used for Kronos ages ago so I don't know if that might have something to do with it but I would of thought it shouldn't cause a problem with that.

I'm genuinely stumped :s

I'm not playing palla so i don't know really, but If its a spell type melee attack or something maybe its on another table.

Nah this is on both white and ability hits from command procs.

Trying some stuff and testing it further, see if I can get to the bottom of this ¬_¬

Have you tried clearing your WBD folder and making sure the items you're wearing have the actual stats you think they have? You mentioned having an Kronos downloaded client, it is very possible you have gear with stats on them that do not currently exist here.

Only reason I am doubtful of this solution only because you mentioned ZG which is only out on Anathema so I assume the patch is just as far as a Kronos server, unless of course you have never bothered to clear your WDB at any point.

No I'm on Darrowshire where ZG is very much open haha.

And I already am aware of what you have mentioned, I cleared my WBD when I came onto the Elysium servers, gear shows as it should for the relevant patch on Darrowshire

hmm well then I do not know :(  I actually forgot that ZG opened on Darrowshire.

it is good habit to clear your WDB folder frequently as the database changes with new patches (or if you change servers, as each server has its own database due to being on differect patches)

Good luck on your testing. I am curious what you find, if you do in fact have 10% hit and are missing.

edit: Looking at your Realmplayers you def have 9% from gear/talents.. so I'm curious what you find

Indeed and I think that's showing my lightforge based set most likely.

Will see what happens, doing Ony tonight so I will record the run and look go through it, running some dungeons at the moment as well to test some more.

Okay, so going over my logs for Ony last night and whilst doing other stuff such as farming, dungeons etc while paying close attention I wasn't getting any misses, just the usual dodges every so often.

This was after clearing my WTF and WBD folder though, will continue to monitor it but I find it strange that they would affect it in some way :s.