Sign in to follow this  
apricity

Weapon choice

Hello!
I have been leveling with a whirlwind axe since level 30 with a crusader enchant. I recently did maradoun and ST, and got "Tooth of Eranikus", "Thrash blade", and "Headspike". I am currently lvl 53, and im wondering what would be the ideal choice of weapon. Headspike has more dps, but is faster and doesnt have crusader. If I go fury I will only have 2% hit, which kinda sucks... Anyhow, which weapon(s) would you pick? (obviously willing to respec)

Dual wielding before you are max level and have more access to hit gear is ill-advised.  If your server has AV patch the Ice Barbed Spear is good.

Lord Alexander's Battle Axe can be found pretty cheap.  Normal price is 30g elysium horde side. 

Crusader adds approximately 3.5dps to WW-axe. Doing the math makes Headspike better even without Crusader. Also, normaly I advice against going DW before lvl60 but Thrashblade is an exceptionally good for its lvl and will last you all the way to 60.

In the end, its about playstyle.

I've always been a very adamant 2H leveler but this time around I switched to dual wield fury around level 50 and never looked back.  I feel like 2h really shines at lvl 40 but starts to fall off hard around the 50's. I used tooth and thrash for a while as well, though I would recommend you get something else soon so you can MH thrash for more procs. If you can get Ice barbed spear though I would say it's just a matter of choice, it won't make much of a difference so just do what you'll find the most fun.

11 minutes ago, Masteridley said:

I've always been a very adamant 2H leveler but this time around I switched to dual wield fury around level 50 and never looked back.  I feel like 2h really shines at lvl 40 but starts to fall off hard around the 50's. I used tooth and thrash for a while as well, though I would recommend you get something else soon so you can MH thrash for more procs. If you can get Ice barbed spear though I would say it's just a matter of choice, it won't make much of a difference so just do what you'll find the most fun.

Icebarbed spear is indeed a VERY powerful option. 

Icebarded if you got AV.

While the raw DPS of a weapon from crusader isn't the winner for WW axe, remember it's while leveling/grinding/soloing.  The heal that comes along with Crusader will for sure help as well.

The DPS comparison isn't always what you are looking for since the first attack is counted at 0 seconds and spreadsheets don't take into account kiting between auto-attacks.

If you decide to roll duel wield with only 2% hit, I would suggest not attempting to grind mobs higher level than you, and actually kill mobs 2-3 levels lower than you. The exp pen is 5% per level lower IIRC, yet your kill time will be much higher.