Sign in to follow this  
Superomegaop

Last plea for help regarding being hacked.

Alright, so yesterday my account got hacked, my alts got deleted, and my warlock was stripped of literally everything he had, hearthstone included. I put in a ticket, waited until today and unfortunately the gm could not restore most of my times, including quest items. He told me that he could only restore quest items and he also said that there was no easy way to check what quest items I had so I essentially had to tell him from memory what I had. I showed him my realmplayers profile but I could only remember so much and as you might expect I didn't get back most of my quest items, let alone gear, gold, or anything else I might have had. However when my alt was restored a 57 shaman, he somehow had everything intact as I left him. So as a last ditch effort I deleted my warlock and hoped that another GM could fully roll him back like my shaman was. however while my warlock restored he was left exactly as he was post-hacking.

I won't lie, this game, this server, is almost the only thing I play in my free time. I took a break back in February because I wasn't having fun with my shaman. I came back almost 4 months later, leveled a warlock on a whim and had the most fun with wow I had in years. I finally found a class that clicked. To be honest, I wasn't fully expecting to get most of my gear or any gold back but not getting even most of my quest items and being unsure of what could still be missing is absolutely demoralizing. the real kicker was that I was hacked on the day that I was supposed to raid bwl with a nice guild that I recently joined. At this point im all out of options and this post is all thats left now. I've enabled 2-factor authentication and changed my passwords but at this point if truly nothing can be done then I guess this post is the last thing I'll do here.

My advice would be to check http://db.vanillagaming.org for the quest items that you think you had. We have to manually check that you've completed each quest you're requesting to be restored. Since there are thousands of quests in WoW, you need to help us out and tell us which specific quest IDs and item IDs you want us to check.

All of our character restorations are the best we can do, but sometimes that data is lost for good.

theres no log at all of the hacker rapidly deleting/selling items in quick secession? it only happened a day and a half ago. surely theres something?

EDIT: i use questie, is there some way to list all the quests ive completed with it? my characters quest info is still intact.

There may be logs for that, but not in the hands of every GM.

We do not have the time to go through them anyways for each character that was compromised.

It would severely disturb us from our main tasks.

Usually we would not recover anything, since account security is the responsibility of the account owner, just like it was on Nostalrius.

We did introduce a quest item restoration service however, and that is pretty much everything we can do for a player if he has been hacked.

thari I understand, if you do it for 1 person, you have to do it for everybody.

i just want to say that my shaman was fully restored, i lost a level 1 bank alt that had very minor engi materials that doesn't matter and doesn't have to be checked(if its even possible). my warlock was the only 1 that was truly affected and the only things ive done since getting hacked was afk in kargath for hours, play a few AVs and deleting soulshards to make room for the few items that were restored. I was also offline for a bit before this happened, so if there is a log for these events it should be pretty blatant when they started, and when they ended. i understand its not feasible to do this for every case of hacking but maybe in this particular case it could be possible? if nothing can be done because rules are set in stone, thats alright, ive kinda already accepted my fate at this point, and if so thanks for at least not closing the thread right away.