Sign in to follow this  
Renjin

The over population problem

Hello everyone,

I'm an EU player of wow since the real start of retail vanilla. Played here and there and followed the train from Nostalrius through Kronos to Elysium. 

I think it has already been done before, but I would like to give you my own idea of what is going on today and what will be tomorrow made of on our dear server. Just before starting to talk about it, I have to say that I have no problem myself with chinese people, and I am not racist at all.

So let's forget about my humble person and let's start talking about what is going on. 

What did we see changing on Elysium in the last few weeks ? 

_ Increased players peaks

_ Delay while playing

_ Average queue time increased

_ Increased population on farming spots

_ Pvp brackets raised

http://imgur.com/a/A3ZDq

_ etc...

This, to me, is due to the number of asian people joining the servers. Let's say again something basic but that some people reading this might have to understand. My vision is that chinese are allowed to play where they want to, to me they're like russian or american people, human people who want to play their favorite game on the best server around, which is Elysium ofc. Don't get hurt american people, if I was american, I'd have replaced you by european people, it's only to remind the reader again, that I have nothing against chinese people (let's say Asian ?)

In the last few weeks, even if the holidays is included in the maths, the players online peaks went crazy. 

This makes me feel we're starting to get through the same way than Nostalrius did before.

When I was playing Nostalrius, our average of online players peaks was about 6k, around 7k when ZG was released if I'm right. 2 months later, we reached 13k. I heard that a major wow private server was closed in Asia, then they all migrated to Nost. What happened then : 

- from midday to 19h GMT ->5 seconds latency

- nothing farmable, people everywhere

- pvp bracket 1 raised from 600k to 1.8mil

- Tons of people not speaking/understanding english : it's not a problem in pve when you do shit with your guild or 5man with random, but it is when you do pvp, like 50%+ of the server. People can't communicate, and can't understand what you are saying.

They are like russian people, except the part that most russian people can type something to switch their keyboard to our alphabet and say some words like "ok" "me enchant u °7 agi boots" or something, and many of them speak a better english than I do.

I mean, you can't even see what they are typing

Typical local Orgrimmar chat : 

Xiaochun : 

Tungdeon : 

Kundinshen : 7G4G[][][]

Kuayxiaoren : 

Renjin : opening chests for free

Xiaochun : 

Panne : Enchanting +55 healing / 24 healing - crusader...

Darkshadowxx : where is mankriks wife ?

Tungdeon : [][]

The problem is, that asian people play the game a different way than us. They have been raised with different mentality AND games. Every korean games (I played some) requires extreme amount of farming to level or earn money. Public korean games released in EU/US are modified for our people to be more accessible, switched from hard to easy mode. The asian countries population is also very high as we all know, bringing naturally a huge amount of players, so when they come on a -let's say- englishpeoplelike server, it's a massive inc.

So... when they join an EU/US community, they still all do the stuff they do on their own community, which is very different from us. Thing is, wow is a game where the max level is controlled by the players, and when the players play 12h a day, the common people can't follow and it turns the game into a farming race against asian people who do it better than you. You can still follow and ruin your life/holidays for a few weeks, but you will also ruin your fun of playing the game, because this is not how you want to play, while they do. 

In my opinion, the schema will be the same than on Nost. Where your friends play you go. More and more asian people will join the game and make the server overcrowded, we saw what happened the last few weeks, we never had lag, now we have a static 1s delay for few hours, I think that's only the start.

my vision of the schema : 

Normal server  => overfarmed => laggy  => overcrowded => unplayable => blizzard seeing a shadow to their flawness

So as I said earlier, I have nothing against chinese/asian people, I just think that they play a different game than us, because of their way to play. I think that's the only part of the world trying hard permanently on video games, I think if game developpers modify asian games for EU/US people when they release it worldwide, that's because they know we play a different way. I think it's a bad idea to try AGAIN (after Nost) to play with them on the same server. I think we can't just ban people because they come from another country, I think we can't ban people because they make the server laggy.

In my opinion, I think we could just split the population by migrating them to another server, like anathema (lol) or a brand new one. It would free us from all what I listed before, it would allow them to keep their character and bring more people without ruining the game for us, it would allow us to dodge many future problems.

I don't know if my vision is shared by most of you guys but, it would be nice if you could drop your 2 cents about this 

tldr; of the OP:  "I have nothing against Chinese as long as they get confined in a ghetto"

You would have to be at the peak of ignorance, both of the private server scene and of the server itself, to think that a sudden influx of new players are all or primarily Chinese players. The fact you defaulted to that conclusion shows that this is a thinly veiled attempt to marginalize a community that wants a legacy experience just as much as the NA, EU, and the rest of the global community wants it.

Would providing a CN dedicated server be a reasonable proposition? I think so, but I am very ignorant on the needs and desires of the CN community as a whole and whether they would even want such a configuration. I'd ask the CN members of the Elysium Project to try to reach out to that community and poll if there's even a desire for it. One thing I do know is that the CN community I've spoken with directly and through translators are overwhelmingly thankful that the Project is welcoming to them and are very appreciative of the hard work the team has gone through to offer this experience to them and all members of the player base.

You do realize this is the epitome of racism... you dont think your racist but you'll propose your racist views as being normal. Take your racist crap and f*3K right off ok?

I suppose black people deserve a ghetto as well? And red? and women should be in the kitchen making you dinner?

When good people allow shit like this to be said and say nothing we normalize your view point. Your viewpoint is wrong, its racist and you need to understand that. By the very fact that you call them asians is racist, you just lumped multiple unique cultures into one broad bucket and said get rid of them. Welcome to Nazi germany buddy.

Now go back to what ever primordial ooze you crawled out. 

I explain and repeat 2 times why I am presenting you this idea, I explain what I feel as a problem to the server, mainly the lag, then the difference of gameplay from nationality, I suggest the idea of a new server but come here to ask for you guys ideas, what you feel etc. And all that you can do is calling racist someone who is not. All those who called me racist, seriously, you suck, you don't understand/read shit, you're just stupid af.

edit : title edit, since people came here and stopped reading after the title

Locking this thread, we have players from all over the world that play our servers. We are looking into long term solutions for the health of both the population and the servers themselves.

Thank you