Sign in to follow this  
levran

Target too low level for heal?

11 posts in this topic

Hots have a level restriction in vanilla, but direct heals does not.

Regrowth is both a direct heal and a hot, so it probably get its restriction from the hot.

Either use healing touch, or you will need to downrank your regrowth to a proper level for your target.

Downrank? I need binding all ranks and all spells for healing all on my way?

In hillsbrad 31 level mage was ganked and i can not cast regrowth rank 8 to him. Just had cast breaking with message about his low level.

7 hours ago, levran said:

In hillsbrad 31 level mage was ganked and i can not cast regrowth rank 8 to him. Just had cast breaking with message about his low level.

No, there are macros floating around out there that will use the highest applicable rank of regrowth for you. Or could use a shift modifier if you only use a couple ranks.

Instant cast, non-duration spells don't have to be downranked; any spell that has a duration component (HoT, buff, etc.) has a minimum level they can apply to. That's the rule of thumb, anyway. EDIT: There's a few threads on auto-downranking macros that will do the job. I know I used one for Power Word: Fort on my priest that did the job. Could check the guide thread for priests for that and modify accordingly.

On 14.8.2017 at 2:18 PM, levran said:

If you intend to heal in vanilla, you need to get used to downranking.

You dont need to have all the ranks of spells on your bar, i for instance play a priest and got 2 ranks of flash heal 2 ranks of greater heal and one rank of heal on my bars.

Its usualy a max rank + a rank 1 or middle rank of a spell, i swap the lower ranks depending on how much healing is required vs mana i want to use. The downranking may seem complicated, but it really is not. You just need to play around with it and figure out what ranks that make yout healing most comfortable. And thus better gear you get the lower ranks of heals you can use and still do the same healing but with a lower mana cost.

As for your problem about healing lower lvl players, just cast a heal thar does not have a level requirement. Healing touch should do the job.

Ty, 2 sec regrowth or 3.5 sec HT. Im not a healer and dont need lections about comfortable healing in raids. I just wanna heal anyone when its needed. This is a bug anyway, even if it was in vanilla.

I got a solution for you: Druidfunc or Doctordruid

http://addons.us.to/addon/druidfunc

http://addons.us.to/addon/doctordruid

These addons allow you to write macros that do the auto downranking (highest rank you can use on the target) for you. I used Druidfunc on Elysium successfully for Mark of the Wild, Thorns, Rejuvenation and Regrowth. It's very pleasant to buff same faction low level players without any need to open the spell book (although that has more style of course!).