Sign in to follow this  
jmul1212

Saving Vanilla after TBC.

There is currently 3 vanilla realms.  

The is the best game plan to ensure Vanilla survival.  Get all 3 realms to 1.12.1, shove Darrowshire into whatever realm is lowest pop for pre-tbc launch.  Launch Elysium TBC and Anathema TBC at same patch/time.  After 2 weeks combine Anathema vanilla and Elysium Pvp vanilla.  

Then plan to launch a new vanilla realm from 1.0.0 a few months down the road.

The final part is the most important.  Blizzards biggest mistake was not doing realm cycles.   

1x vanilla realms don't survive past naxx being farmed out.  But honestly think the plan you outlined is great.

9 hours ago, Josipbroz said:

Moving the discussion to "Suggestions"

Thank you sir.

Didn't know suggestions existed, i have a touch of the downs.

9 hours ago, Ickus said:

1x vanilla realms don't survive past naxx being farmed out.  But honestly think the plan you outlined is great.

Continuing realm cycles allows for people to actively replay vanilla.  There is no reason not to.  I am a very big supporter of keeping a 1.12.1 realm static perma though.  I like the idea of it.  After the 1.0.0 server hits 1.12.1 they can merge them into the current 1.12.1 realm and copy them to a new TBC server that launches as 2.0.0.  It would be compiling and giving birth to a new world at the same time.

Blizzards biggest mistake was no doing wave recycles.  They should have had 1.0.0 servers launching after every expac and had the prior 1.12.1 servers launching into TBC etc.  They could have even charged extra for some time machine type subscription.

Elysium has wonderful team and is very capable of this.  It will allow them to perfect their cores over time, even after TBC and Vanilla ends.

On 7.9.2017 at 6:07 PM, Ickus said:

I disagree.

Many People will take a very long time to reach Naxx. Most will never see it. But there's enough Content to vanilla without raiding.

There's also always the possibility of lvling new chars and doing PvP.

On 7.9.2017 at 5:54 PM, jmul1212 said:

There is currently 3 vanilla realms.  

The is the best game plan to ensure Vanilla survival.  Get all 3 realms to 1.12.1, shove Darrowshire into whatever realm is lowest pop for pre-tbc launch.  Launch Elysium TBC and Anathema TBC at same patch/time.  After 2 weeks combine Anathema vanilla and Elysium Pvp vanilla.  

Then plan to launch a new vanilla realm from 1.0.0 a few months down the road.

The final part is the most important.  Blizzards biggest mistake was not doing realm cycles.   

I can't quite follow you.

You suggest the Vanilla Chars and Database would be merged into a Perma 1.12.1 Server every time the respective Vanilla Server goes TBC?

Is this Correct? If so I'd be highly in favour. It seems to be a very smart approach.

Edited by eastsgnomes

6 minutes ago, eastsgnomes said:

Many People will take a very long time to reach Naxx. Most will never see it. But there's enough Content to vanilla without raiding.

You suggest the Vanilla Chars and Database would be merged into a Perma 1.12.1 Server every time the respective Vanilla Server goes TBC?

Is this Correct? If so I'd be highly in favour. It seems to be a very smart approach.

Yeah, I'm one of those guys that will probably never see end game content... but you never know.

I'm following his thought process the same way. It would allow folks like myself the ability to work on the Vanilla content and then move to TBC+ at our own pace... or not at all.

Very smart indeed. Give that man a gold star.

Having another 1.0.0 realm launch after TBC launch would be a good idea.  It would allow new players to come and do Vanilla from the start and pull them in.  Having a static 1.12.1 realm for everyone is important too. 

Elysium can start a whole new era of WoW by providing progressive support for Vanilla, BC, and Wotlk and allowing for static 1.12.1, 2.4.3, and 3.3.5 servers.  They could end up continuing arena seasons beyond the final patches of 2.4.3 and 3.3.5.  Every true wow player has there favorite version, if its Vanilla, TBC, and Wotlk.  All 3 should be respected and kept alive.  This is where Blizzard failed.  Elysium can put Activision in their place by offering a  true World of Warcraft experience. 

My suggestion:

once ely has reached naxx, open transfers from anathema, keep a 1x server and turn Anathema into a high rate(12x or something) server, add more pvp encouraging stuff such as WSG marks for gold.

this keeps the 1x nerds happy and there's also meni people who'd like a GOOD high rate server

tl;dr make feenix great again

imo my suggestion have the server just go to tbc but keep the option to stay stuck at lvl 60 u get to do all old content like naxx but have nice tbc talents.

this is truelly blizzlike cause its exactly what happen if you didnt not buy tbc expension. I'd hate to see a non blizzlike solution.