Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Gansilak

Stunlock challenge : 100 to 0 with no blind, no engineering

Recommended Posts

Hi,
Being on horde, i've had a lot of troubles lately dealing with dwarf rogues. They can stunlock me from 100 to 0 and they have the advantage of being able to use blind - sap to reset their stunlock, a luxury i don't have.
Their racial: stoneform, lets them not only clear all poisons/diseases/bleeds but also makes them immune for 5 sec.

So, here's the challege: is it possible to drop 3.5k HP dwarf rogue with a stunlock using no blind and no engineering?

With a 21/08/22 cold blood / preparation build, i was thinking about this:
CB, CS, crit BS, tea, BS, KS, BS or SS (if low energy), gouge + insta vanish - sap, prep, CS, BS, CB, crit Evi


Would it be reliable? Would it be enough to drop 3.5k HP using a Lobotomizer in MH and Core Hound Tooth in OH?

Can you guys think of any other stunlock with no blind / no engineering to drop them from 100 to 0?

 

/cheers !
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Idk why would you go a specific spec just to kill 1 class/race combo that you barely ever see

 

thats just the best overall rogue spec

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Btw, is there any way to get out of a stun as a rogue? Our trinket won't allow it.
Potions of invulnerability or potions of freedom won't get me out of stun, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Gansilak said:

Btw, is there any way to get out of a stun as a rogue? Our trinket won't allow it.
Potions of invulnerability or potions of freedom won't get me out of stun, right?

Living action potion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Protip: undead rogues actually sucks ass, contrary to the popular  belief. Had you rolled orc , sometimes the stars may have aligned and you wouldve been able to resist his KS or CS

Rogue trinket already removes fear/seduce so it is redundant to have WOTF. A troll may even be more useful because 10% IAS

Sure, they may hardcounter priests/warlocks 1v1, but usually those classes will have a friendly faget paladin healing them so your wotf is useless. And a rogue should beat an spriest or a lock 1v1 anyway provided he gets the jump

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, AciDTRiP said:

Sure, they may hardcounter priests/warlocks 1v1, but usually those classes will have a friendly faget paladin healing them so your wotf is useless. And a rogue should beat an spriest or a lock 1v1 anyway provided he gets the jump

last time i checked i didnt have a pet pala following me in the open world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Use LAP and use blind to force GCD. You do have many options and usually 1v1 outdoor winner is the more dedicated one. Carry oil of immolation with you if you don't want to FAP.

Edited by Mansikki

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hey I have a question related to this,

what are the best ways of countering a rogue stunlock 100% combo attempt?
it is maybe the most difficult scenario I have to deal with as druid sometimes

so far my best would be to trinket out of first stun, immediately take major health potion needed?, then I get stunned again within few seconds? do I even have time to cast a spell after taking major health potion? should I not trinket out of stun immediately? is there a better thing to use asap after getting out of stun than a health potion? invulnerability potion??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, ProMeTheus112 said:

hey I have a question related to this,

what are the best ways of countering a rogue stunlock 100% combo attempt?
it is maybe the most difficult scenario I have to deal with as druid sometimes

so far my best would be to trinket out of first stun, immediately take major health potion needed?, then I get stunned again within few seconds? do I even have time to cast a spell after taking major health potion? should I not trinket out of stun immediately? is there a better thing to use asap after getting out of stun than a health potion? invulnerability potion??

You do not trinket cheap shot, you almost always trinket Kidney.
Other than that you count on your roots/stuns, if the rogue free action pots your only options are rocket helm/fap 2 and outrun. Try to keep up abolish poison 100% of the time and always have at least 5 health+mana pot on you. Druid takes some experience and stuff like engi but if played well you can beat pretty much all classes 1v1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×