• Announcements

    • Josipbroz

      DO NOT POST ANY ACCOUNT INFORMATION!   09/17/2017

      Dear players, Please do not post here any sensitive information like your username or e-mail address. If the staff requires any of this information, we will contact you first via PM. Staff are also unable to change your e-mail address, so it is essential that you remember your credentials as a last line of defense against any sort of compromise! Best regards!
    • Josipbroz

      Requesting a manual 2FA removal   09/17/2017

      If you wish to remove the two-factor authentication (2FA) from your game account, but do not have the backup email or access to the authenticator software anymore, you can request a manual removal by filling out this form: ... and posting it here. If any further information is required, you will be asked for it in the same thread. Not answering back within a week, will make the removal request invalid. On average, the request should be processed within a week and the applicants will receive one of the following responses: APPROVED — Your request has been approved and the 2FA will be removed immediately. EXTENDED REVIEW — Additional information/clarification is required and thus the review process will last longer than a week. REFUSED — Your request has been rejected and 2FA won't be removed.
Sign in to follow this  
yeeheet

Unable to Connect For 6 Months

17 posts in this topic

I've been having major issues logging into the server for the past 6 months straight. At one point I thought this was isp related, so I called my isp and made sure they hadn't had any IP's blocked for me, they checked all the server IPs and the Logon IP and said none are blocked. I've tried pinging these IPs myself and I'm losing my packets on every single one. My account is in good standing, so it couldn't have been a ban. I've tried just about everything there is to try at this point and want to play some Elysium again very badly. I've tried port forwarding, pinging the server IPs, turning off firewall, etc. I have no clue what the issue could be at this point. The strange thing is sometimes when I log in I actually get the "Success!" message, and get to the server selection. When I select a server, it says "Logging in to game server" until it eventually just stops. If anyone could possibly help with this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reinstall WoW (delete all current related files except config) and download a fresh torrent)) and double check your realmlist to make sure it ONLY says  

set realmlist logon.elysium-project.org

Other than that.. you're in god's hands my child, I have no clue what's going on here but you seem to be the only one having this prob out of 20k ish

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, riplip said:

Reinstall WoW and double check your realmlist to make sure it ONLY says  

set realmlist logon.elysium-project.org

Other than that.. you're in god's hands my child, I have no clue what's going on here but you seem to be the only one having this prob out of 20k ish

Already reinstalled fresh twice on a new hard drive. I don't think this could be the problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was this on an additional hard-drive? It's still the same OS?

This seems to be more network related than anything anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ragingducks said:

Was this on an additional hard-drive? It's still the same OS?

This seems to be more network related than anything anyway.

This first started happening on my old hard drive. And no, I was using Windows 10 but now I'm using Windows 7.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, yeeheet said:

This first started happening on my old hard drive. And no, I was using Windows 10 but now I'm using Windows 7.

Try connecting from a different network.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Ragingducks said:

Try connecting from a different network.

Don't have any other connections to use at all. I'm using a wired connection on my PC as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, yeeheet said:

Don't have any other connections to use at all. I'm using a wired connection on my PC as well.

Got a wireless card on the PC? Use your mobile phone as a hotspot and try it that way, otherwise it's hard to help you any further.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ragingducks said:

Got a wireless card on the PC? Use your mobile phone as a hotspot and try it that way, otherwise it's hard to help you any further.

I don't, sadly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you are loosing some packets it will be really an issue.

So you can try this : 

- Update router software (fix some instability issue for me some month ago) 

- Check lan cable and maybe change it

- Change the port you are connected on the router

- Change the network card in your pc at the end

Just one question, you asked your ISP provider to check if you was not blocked, but have you check the line stability with him ? 

And if possible can you just send a screenshot of a simple ping to an public ip ? (8.8.8.8 for example) for 30/40 packets ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks, I've already tried port forwarding. I just now updated my router's firmware, didn't seem to fix anything. I don't have any extra network cards, and I doubt that's the issue considering I've changed mine out a couple months ago. Changing my lan cable also yields no results so far. Here's my results on the pinging of 8.8.8.8

 

ping.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So ok, no packet loss...

Have you tried to run a vpn to connect ? 

Sounds really strange for me, like an ISP provider restriction or a Firewall who don't allow the connection, but you are able to connect till the characters page.

If it's working with the vpn application I suggest you to contact your ISP provider and explain the case properly. It look likes in any case we are not able to ping the logon.elysium-project.org but it sounds logic to have ICMP locked on server side... 

We will find the issue :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, FEYAARES said:

So ok, no packet loss...

Have you tried to run a vpn to connect ? 

Sounds really strange for me, like an ISP provider restriction or a Firewall who don't allow the connection, but you are able to connect till the characters page.

If it's working with the vpn application I suggest you to contact your ISP provider and explain the case properly. It look likes in any case we are not able to ping the logon.elysium-project.org but it sounds logic to have ICMP locked on server side... 

We will find the issue :) 

Installing a VPN now. I've already talked to my ISP about this multiple times, I honestly do think it may just be on my side. Elysium's the only thing I've ever been unable to connect to, and it didn't start happening until about 6 months ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, FEYAARES said:

So ok, no packet loss...

Have you tried to run a vpn to connect ? 

Sounds really strange for me, like an ISP provider restriction or a Firewall who don't allow the connection, but you are able to connect till the characters page.

If it's working with the vpn application I suggest you to contact your ISP provider and explain the case properly. It look likes in any case we are not able to ping the logon.elysium-project.org but it sounds logic to have ICMP locked on server side... 

We will find the issue :) 

Yup, 100% able to connect with a VPN.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So if it's working with a VPN for me it's a provider related issue. 

If the issue was coming from your PC doesn't matter of VPN or not issue will still the same.
So now you can play with the VPN connection but open a ticket with your ISP and explain him it's working with a VPN.
If he can't solved it I hope you don't have high latency with the VPN cause you will have to run it always when you play... 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/12/2017 at 10:19 AM, FEYAARES said:

So if it's working with a VPN for me it's a provider related issue. 

If the issue was coming from your PC doesn't matter of VPN or not issue will still the same.
So now you can play with the VPN connection but open a ticket with your ISP and explain him it's working with a VPN.
If he can't solved it I hope you don't have high latency with the VPN cause you will have to run it always when you play... 

 

I've just talked to my ISP and they said there's absolutely nothing they can do unless I give them an IP to unblock. The IPs for the servers seem to be unblocked and so are the login servers, so I don't know what it could be. Have any clue any other IPs I could ask them to unblock?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If their is nothing on your provider side maybe Elysium has to check there side...

I don't know how the blocking mechanic are working for Elysium but maybe you have to take a look with them (IP or something else...)

So for the moment issue in temporally fixed by using the VPN right ? 

Now cross finger and *summon a gm* 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this