Sign in to follow this  
Tegas

Healing Spell Calculator

I put together some healing calculations for various healing spells for all classes.

https://tegas.github.io/legacy-sim/#/spell

Here's healing touch:

https://tegas.github.io/legacy-sim/#/healingTouch

Cp9i5DDl.png

The code is all on github. It's not the cleanest code, but it does the job. Feel free to submit issues, pull requests, or complaints. I only work on it during lunch breaks so don't expect a quick response.

https://github.com/Tegas/legacy-sim

Very cool. I'm not sure that Regrowth is working correctly though since the Imp Regrowth should add 50% crit just off the bat and it's not changing crit a large amount at all.

It still doesn't make sense. You input your crit but you also have a checkbox for Improved regrowth. Improved regrowth when fully specced into it adds 50% crit. So if it's auto set to 15% and you check or uncheck the box the crit section of the spell doesn't change hardly at all. Is it adding 50% crit or not? If it is then the crit amount should be much larger. If it isn't then why is it changing at all when I uncheck it if I have to manually tack on 50% to my crit presumption?

Am I missing something entirely?

Ah, yeah, so what it's showing is the average bonus that crit provides, not the total for a single cast. There's probably a better way to explain it.

Assume a base heal of 100, and crit at 20%. It should crit once out of every 5 casts:

100 + 100 + 100 + 100 + 150 = 550 total healing

550 / 5 = 110 average per heal

So... that 20% crit increased your average heal by 10 points. That's what the chart is trying to show. If you increase your crit chance by 50% (from the talent) it'd raise it to 30%. So... if we take 10 casts it should crit 3 times... 

150 + 150 + 150 + 100 + 100..... =  1150

1150 / 10 = 115

So that 30% crit increased your average heal by 15, which is exactly a 50% increase from what your crit previously did(untalented). Whenever you check that box for Improved Regrowth, it increases the crit bonus by 50%. One of the reasons the numbers are so low for regrowth is that crit doesn't affect the HOT (as far as I know, I didn't actually test that now that I think about it). The crit ends up only affecting the direct heal, which is roughly half of the healing the spell does. I made the chart this way because I wanted to be able to compare what 1 bonus healing does versus 1% bonus crit. 

I was always under the impression that improved regrowth gives +50% crit, so if you started with a 15% crit chance, you would end up with a full 65% crit chance after taking the talent. However, I'm having some trouble verifying this, and I don't currently have the game installed. Sadly, I believe regrowth is still very inefficient. Crit heals are often wasted due to overhealing, and there isn't much crit healer gear available.