Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Tegas

Healing Spell Calculator

Recommended Posts

I put together some healing calculations for various healing spells for all classes.

https://tegas.github.io/legacy-sim/#/spell

Here's healing touch:

https://tegas.github.io/legacy-sim/#/healingTouch

Cp9i5DDl.png

The code is all on github. It's not the cleanest code, but it does the job. Feel free to submit issues, pull requests, or complaints. I only work on it during lunch breaks so don't expect a quick response.

https://github.com/Tegas/legacy-sim

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very cool. I'm not sure that Regrowth is working correctly though since the Imp Regrowth should add 50% crit just off the bat and it's not changing crit a large amount at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It still doesn't make sense. You input your crit but you also have a checkbox for Improved regrowth. Improved regrowth when fully specced into it adds 50% crit. So if it's auto set to 15% and you check or uncheck the box the crit section of the spell doesn't change hardly at all. Is it adding 50% crit or not? If it is then the crit amount should be much larger. If it isn't then why is it changing at all when I uncheck it if I have to manually tack on 50% to my crit presumption?

Am I missing something entirely?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah, yeah, so what it's showing is the average bonus that crit provides, not the total for a single cast. There's probably a better way to explain it.

Assume a base heal of 100, and crit at 20%. It should crit once out of every 5 casts:

100 + 100 + 100 + 100 + 150 = 550 total healing

550 / 5 = 110 average per heal

So... that 20% crit increased your average heal by 10 points. That's what the chart is trying to show. If you increase your crit chance by 50% (from the talent) it'd raise it to 30%. So... if we take 10 casts it should crit 3 times... 

150 + 150 + 150 + 100 + 100..... =  1150

1150 / 10 = 115

So that 30% crit increased your average heal by 15, which is exactly a 50% increase from what your crit previously did(untalented). Whenever you check that box for Improved Regrowth, it increases the crit bonus by 50%. One of the reasons the numbers are so low for regrowth is that crit doesn't affect the HOT (as far as I know, I didn't actually test that now that I think about it). The crit ends up only affecting the direct heal, which is roughly half of the healing the spell does. I made the chart this way because I wanted to be able to compare what 1 bonus healing does versus 1% bonus crit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was always under the impression that improved regrowth gives +50% crit, so if you started with a 15% crit chance, you would end up with a full 65% crit chance after taking the talent. However, I'm having some trouble verifying this, and I don't currently have the game installed. Sadly, I believe regrowth is still very inefficient. Crit heals are often wasted due to overhealing, and there isn't much crit healer gear available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×