vitt

DME Farming

with a bit of gear you can easily solo even the fast patrols. just gather them all and arcane explosion rank 1 for clearcasting, cone of cold (max rank if clearcasting or much mana, otherwise rank 1) and arcane explosion max rank when clearcasting. use frost nova + blizzard as an emergency tool (be sure to wait 4 seconds (2 arcane explosions + coc) until blizz debuff wears off before you reapply coc or just use 2 instead of 3 talent points in improved blizzard).

They completely ruined the most efficient way of farming in the game... Thanks Elysium!  I have 3 mages to do 3 lockouts in an hour... Completely wasted now.  Guess it's back to Mara farming on my huntard.

I make 50g/hour farming DM East, I kill all the plants then move on to the Satyr and Imp packs. Tons of felcloth, demonic runes, tubers, greens etc. Just further enforces the fact that locks>mages ;).

I do agree farming exclusively plants is not particularly viable anymore though. 

Tevon, are you dense? This topic is about where you spawn when you reset instance and /camp out. And FYI as a mage you can pull the 4 packs downstairs in one pull.  Also optional but requires a lot of practice you can pull the death lash elites and the satyrs and aoe them down.  With 3 lockouts per hour doing just the aoe packs downstairs I could make 150g+ per hour and even more before they nerfed the droprates.