Sign in to follow this  
Zazabi

Lupos vs BT

It took me 3-4 days to find him and tame him at lvl 40ish, and there was almost always some ppl there with me wayting for the spawn.

2 hours ago, Roxanne Flowers said:

This means that a Tamed Broken Tooth can attack every 1.0 second on auto while ALSO casting Claw every ~1.5-2 seconds or so in addition.

My point was to address the idea that this does not necessarily "generate the greatest damage in the shortest amount of time", unless 'the time' is selectively chosen to be an interval where broken tooth is ahead. Sure, if you're talented into Frenzy you're upping your chances of getting the haste buff in a given window, but this still doesn't necessarily equate to achieving the greatest damage in the shortest amount of time since a different pet could also get the haste and we're back to the same damage as the rest of the pet family. We could also consider other circumstances, such as snare, fear and roots, by which the pet doesn't get as much up time on the player, in which case we want a slower attacking pet to ensure 'the greatest damage in the shortest amount of time'.

Either way, if we're looking for a reliable way of getting the highest burst from our pet (a 3s window, say), surely a wind serpent would be the better choice? Lupos is an outlier and is eventually nerfed so it's irrelevant for those not on Elysium. 

In my view, the benefits of faster attacking pets for pvp is spell pushback, not damage.    

exactly moiz. BT does NOT have the ToT a WS has due to no ranged attack , which means any frozen armor will render it next to useless without dash or bestial swiftness. that and the fact it has to bypass mana shield(which has no cd and only requires a press of a button to refresh). that means a loss of dps. lightning breath is also unaffected by armor which every class has...which means BT is doing even less dmg

I was also a proponent of cats but after doing tests i can see that they are only useful in lvl 19 pvp before classes get anti-pushback talents or shields