Sign in to follow this  
Shedo

Feral Cat, Dynamic BiS list v1.0

Hi guys!

Some of you may have seen me posting theorycrafting stuff about feral dps on Elysium Druid discord channel. I'm really interested in minmaxing and try to calculate every possible way of improving our dps.

So, I've been working lately on this spreadsheet, that is, a BiS list for feral cats, that works dynamically. The current BiS lists are based on static stat weights (2.4 str, 2.1 agi) and include only the stat weights calculated from autoattack. However, analyzing the cat dps in more detail, we know that most of our dmg comes from Shred and Ferocious Bite and they are much more weighted towards crit, which gives agility more value.

So this sheet takes into account all the 3 main dps sources in raids (Autoattack, Shred, Ferocious Bite). You insert your own stats into the sheet and the sheet calculates the relative value of 1% crit chance to Attack Power (C:AP) with your own stats. However, doing only this, the sheet would calculate every dmg source as equal, which is wrong and would lead into way too much weight on the crit/ap ratio of Ferocious Bite. So, I added a table where you can add the dmg% of each skill in boss fights for up to 10 different bosses. You can check them from either DpsMate or Legacy-Logs after raid. The sheet then gives the relative percentage of value to the Crit:AP ratio of each skill and calculates the final, total value of 1% crit chance/AP based on that. This gives us the correct stat weight to Agility and correct dps value to items with your own current stats.

Hope this isn't too messy to understand. Basically, all you need to do is to download the excel file, insert your own stats + dmg source % of each skill from raid logs and then the sheet calculates the dps values to items.

Best regards,

Shedo <Blood Pressure>

EDIT: The previous spreadsheet is outdated and a lot of improvements and fixes have been done after that. You will find the latest version of the spreadsheet from the link below. There is also a link to my Twitch channel. I stream feral cat raids, theorycrafting and sometimes pvp.

Link to the new spreadsheet:

Feral Cat, Dynamic BiS list

Link to my twitch channel

Shedothedruid - Feral Cat stream

I am so glad to see that someone else is thinking very analytically about this type of stuff. I have my own, much less polished, spreadsheet. Having invested a lot of time thinking about this, I can already spot one massive difference between yours and mine.

You have the value of %hit is fixed at 15 AP...why would you statically weight %hit at 15 AP in a spreadsheet that is intended to be dynamic?

Imagine a very simple world where a feral druid only auto attacks and is not hit capped... If your character tab show that your non-crit non-glancing auto attacks hit for 200 damage then 1% hit would mean 1% of your misses are converted into non-crit non-glancing hits which amounts to a 2 dps increase. We all know that 2 dps amounts to 28 AP, which is a lot more than the 15 AP in the spreadsheet.

This is an indication that %hit should not be static (unlike AP the value of both CRIT and HIT depend on how much damage you do)! And since the aim of your project was to have something that was dynamic then I suggest you consider making %hit dynamic as well.

I look forward to chatting more about this in the future!

That is a very good and valid point. I didn't really pay attention to the hit value yet, but I will start working on it immediately once I have time. If you are interested in contributing in enhancing the spreadsheet, I would be glad to have more conversation in discord for example. My aim is indeed to make the spreadsheet as perfect as possible. Already now the calculations have shown that in fact agility is of much higher value than generally believed and thus will affect in enchantment choices at least, and in some occasions might affect gear choices (when not talking about naxx patch BiS gear). Thanks for comments and suggestions, I really appreciate it :)

Shedo

well you can insert your own stats there, without world buffs or with world buffs. i have written down myself various combinations of my stats. with full world buffs, with only ony buff + raid buffs, without world buffs, and then completely unbuffed.