Sign in to follow this  

Best professions while leveling a mage

Hey guys, I'll create my first char on elysium and i'm kinda new to vanilla/mage, id like some advice about professions while leveling a mage.

Also, which prof I can change at 60? I saw some people saying skinning/herb is good, then switch to alchemy, how about tailoring + enchant?

Ty!

For leveling enchanting and herbing. Disenchant every item that does not have relevant stats for selling on the AH and only herb if it fits in your Schedule. Get +5 herbing enchant on gloves. Later when 60 keep herbalism and level it to 300 for black lotus. Unlearn enchanting for engineering (good for raids and pvp).

For profession 1 you want gathering income that you can track. Such as either herbalism or mining.

For profession 2 you want something that makes money, but is not tracked because you cannot track two things at once. So either Enchanting or Skinning.

I normally do Enchanting and mining, then drop mining for Tailoring at 60. I find waiting/finding enchanters to be annoying so I like to do them myself. Tailoring is almost mandatory for raiding for the bloodvine set.

On 10/11/2017 at 5:02 AM, cnzjs said:

for leveling?dont learn any professions before you get 60,or it's ganna waste too much time to up it.

This is not true at all.