Sign in to follow this  
Aruni

Can you roll rogue and still expect to join a raiding guild or pugs at 60?

I'm really struggling with my class choice. I've tried almost everything until 20-30 but keep rerolling. 

One of my problems is a fear of reaching 60 and finding out that my class is so over populated that I can't actually do anything. This had kept me away from rogues and fury warriors.

So my question here is, how big a difference does it actually make? Is it more a case of "if you're good you'll get a place", or do certain classes really struggle? Is it a huge difference from rolling a healer or mage/hunter/warlock?

For the record I consider myself to be quite a good player. I have good knowledge about vanilla raiding, and I always strive to be the best I can be with whatever class I play, as I hate looking bad or letting my team mates down.

Edited by Aruni

3 hours ago, Aruni said:

Is it more a case of "if you're good you'll get a place", or do certain classes really struggle? Is it a huge difference from rolling a healer or mage/hunter/warlock?

Some roles are ALWAYS in demand.  If you read these forums, it sounds like there are NEVER enough (good) Tanks.  There may be "plenty of" people willing to Tank, but there's never enough people who are really good at it WHEN you need them to join your raid.  Same goes for healers, although there tend to be more people capable of healing than there are people who are good at it.  And naturally, the same again goes for people whose job is to do damage.

The bottom line is that raiders need to be on top of their game ... preferably enough so that they don't need to be coached through it.  Players who raid need to not only know their own class, but what other classes are capable of doing, so as to have the flexibility to adjust to changing circumstances.

There are lots of Level 60 characters by now, but the number of Players behind those characters include a lot of people who don't have the right mentality for playing the game the way it needs to be played in raids.  So really, it comes down to "if you're good you'll find a place" for the most part.  When you're confronted by Quantity, what sets people apart is Quality.

theres room for anything, me myself have had np getting guild or getting into really good pug groups, with nothing better than pre raid bis.

Edited by alberte

You can play anything you want if your, good you will find a place in a raid easy. The only class/spec that may struggle with that is enhance shaman. As they are only 1 per raid. Though to be honest not sure why any one would wanna raid enhance anyway. You basically pull aggro and, die on trash constantly because, WF dick too big. Or you stand there with your dick in your hand on trash.

Party's though, as a rogue. Well Rogues are Classic wow's version of dungeon finder. So don't expect to find a party you haven't made, because another rogue   prolly started the group and, doesn't want your bitch ass near his loot.