Sign in to follow this  
zuccero

The grind LVL'ing

So basically as the title say's the question is ''How effective is grinding in WOW'';particularly in vanilla it's self.I happened to hear people do it till lvl 40,untill they get their mount so questing becomes more viable than.What is your opinions?Which class?Which routes?Which circumstances would you do grinding . (P.S. Talks about not having enough quests for reaching 60 is boolsiet).

Solo: Frost mage vs murlocs. It's terribly boring but you can handle 40 levels of it. Or maybe 60 if you can somehow keep yourself entertained.

Other than that, if you have a high level dps friend nearby you can just grind elite areas (like underground in deadmines) by tagging the monster then having your friend finish it off. This is the best method for melee because you can land damage on higher level enemies in ways that a spell or wand can't.

I'd say the best way is to mix it. Do quests, but while you're moving to get your quest objective, grind mobs on your way.

However, with my frost mage alt I went full AoE grind mode since lvl 20 and doing ok so far.

30 minutes ago, Oakenlix said:

I'd say the best way is to mix it. Do quests, but while you're moving to get your quest objective, grind mobs on your way.

However, with my frost mage alt I went full AoE grind mode since lvl 20 and doing ok so far.

How far are you now ? Im actually don't consider doing it with mage tho.

16 hours ago, Beefening said:

Solo: Frost mage vs murlocs. It's terribly boring but you can handle 40 levels of it. Or maybe 60 if you can somehow keep yourself entertained.

Other than that, if you have a high level dps friend nearby you can just grind elite areas (like underground in deadmines) by tagging the monster then having your friend finish it off. This is the best method for melee because you can land damage on higher level enemies in ways that a spell or wand can't.

That's prolly the easiest to do yeah, if you use explosives and engineering it becomes even faster. Still wanna hear from hardcore grinders especially not mage ones

Edited by zuccero

A mix of questing and grinding is what you want.

If a quest is sending you across the world, forget about it.   Focus the area you are in, and do the quest there.   Typically in the lower level range your quest log will get full pretty quickly.  When I go from one zone to another I tend to dump a lot of quest when I reach the next quest hub so I can do as many as possible before returning and get a big jump in exp when turning them all in.

Like mentioned above when traveling kill everything on your way.

Just don't spam dungeons, it is the worst exp per hour thing you can do.   Only do instances when you have 3+ quest available for it.   When do you decide to grind, ensure it doesn't do too much damage to you depending on your class.  Cloth wearing humanoid are a good choice if you have physical abilities and can interrupt their cast as they have low armor and level first aid while doing so.   If you are needing to boost your cooking, grind the appropriate be mobs for your cooking but not just for exp as beast tend to have higher armor / hp.

Some beast have high value vendor grays that drop from them that stack.  These are good mobs to grind on for a level or 2 if you are in need of gold.

That is about it, mix things up because the journey to 60 is a long one.

16 hours ago, zuccero said:

How far are you now ? Im actually don't consider doing it with mage tho.

I'm just 27 atm. I expect it to get much easier after lvl 40, having a mount and ice barrier.

Grinding is good in the case if you don't know the Quests or Areas too,it's less walking so it's definitely has it con's . I just didn't really hear from anyone who practiced that ...