Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
blackhammer99

Weapon Proc and Seal of Righteousness?

Recommended Posts

So I was browsing the forums some time ago and was piqued by a comment from this thread

The comment in question is: 

Get a weapon that procs instant damage, like http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=9651 or http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=811  enchant it with Fiery weapon. Why? Weapon procs and enchant procs make the seal proc as well. What is more, it procs off of reckoning, so if you have your reckoning stacked to full, you might get 5 weapon procs (for this example - Nature Damage, it can crit as well), 5 Fiery weapon procs (that can crit), 5 melee swings and 5 seal procs. Even if you only have 1 reckoning charge, you can do some heavy damage. That's quite cool, isn't it?

 

Long story short I am leveling a Paladin on Elysium and obtained The Black Knight.

To me, it reads the same as what was recommended to me - a weapon that will proc damage can also proc other things. 
But this does not seem to be the case for me. Should the combat line read:

Swing.
Righteousness damage
Proc
Righteousness damage again? 

For me it reads:

Swing.
Righteousness Damage
Proc
...
Swing

etc

I suppose I am using a weapon that does not qualify for this type of double dipping. Is there are list of weapons that DO proc things in this way I can find? Does anyone know what leveling items I should be after? The two linked in that thread are many days played ahead of me. 

Anyway, thanks for your help!
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seal of Righteousness can only proc by White Swings ,not by Procs.

But, Procs can Proc other procs like HoJ Trinket , Enchants , Weapon Procs.

/Kind regards Killerduki

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, killerduki said:

Seal of Righteousness can only proc by White Swings ,not by Procs.

But, Procs can Proc other procs like HoJ Trinket , Enchants , Weapon Procs.

/Kind regards Killerduki

Alright so when the original quote said: 
Weapon procs and enchant procs make the seal proc as well.

He was wrong? Or perhaps he was talking about other seals besides Righteousness only? Or are you saying under no circumstances will a weapon proc deliver a second instance of a Seal?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, blackhammer99 said:

Alright so when the original quote said: 
Weapon procs and enchant procs make the seal proc as well.

He was wrong? Or perhaps he was talking about other seals besides Righteousness only? Or are you saying under no circumstances will a weapon proc deliver a second instance of a Seal?

Probably other Seals like Light or Wisdom.

SoC is 7 PPM , not sure if it will proc by Procs , SoR only proc by white swings.

/Kind regards Killerduki

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, killerduki said:

Probably other Seals like Light or Wisdom.

SoC is 7 PPM , not sure if it will proc by Procs , SoR only proc by white swings.

/Kind regards Killerduki

Alright, so if that's the case then I shouldn't be investing in these types of weapons, I assume? Just shoot for one with the most dps, int and strength on it for leveling?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, blackhammer99 said:

Alright, so if that's the case then I shouldn't be investing in these types of weapons, I assume? Just shoot for one with the most dps, int and strength on it for leveling?

Its not worthless investing in these types of weapons , as opposite , it's worth lot more , because their proc will get double higher thanks to SoR and JoR.

Instead of 1x Shadow Bolt , thanks to Seal of RIghteousness, you will proc 2x Shadow Bolts , this is good DPS, their Procs also scale with Spell Damage too .

/Kind regards Killerduki

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, killerduki said:

Its not worthless investing in these types of weapons , as opposite , it's worth lot more , because their proc will get double higher thanks to SoR and JoR.

Instead of 1x Shadow Bolt , thanks to Seal of RIghteousness, you will proc 2x Shadow Bolts , this is good DPS, their Procs also scale with Spell Damage too .

/Kind regards Killerduki

I understand, so even though the bolt doesn't proc the seal, the seal gives me 2x chance to proc the bolt so that makes it worth it. 

Unfortunately don't think there is any way to get spell damage gear at level 30, right? 

Anyway, thanks for your help!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, blackhammer99 said:

Unfortunately don't think there is any way to get spell damage gear at level 30, right?

Wizard Oils by Enchanting and Elixirs by Alchemy ;)

/Kind regards Killerduki

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if the weapon does a MELEE dmg proc, then SoR will proc as well but not if it is a spell dmg proc

something like these for example:

Drake Talon Cleaver
Binds when picked up
Two-hand Axe
199 - 300 Damage Speed 3.40
(73.4 damage per second)
+22 Strength
+17 Stamina
Durability 120 / 120
Requires Level 60
Chance on hit: Delivers a fatal wound for 240 damage.

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=19353

or 

Halberd of Smiting
Binds when picked up
Two-hand Polearm
175 - 263 Damage Speed 3.50
(62.6 damage per second)
Durability 120 / 120
Requires Level 60

Equip: Chance to decapitate the target on a melee swing, causing 452 to 677 damage.

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=19874

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, killerduki said:

So SoR it work by Melee procs such Wounds etc?

/Kind regards Killerduki

yes since they have been proven to be able to chain proc off of themselves from vanilla forum/db websites

Drake Talon Cleaver in particular - remember the Ret Paladin video fighting elite mobs in EPL?

She got Fiery procs off of the weapon proc on top of white, SoC and JoC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Theloras said:

if the weapon does a MELEE dmg proc, then SoR will proc as well but not if it is a spell dmg proc

something like these for example:

Drake Talon Cleaver
Binds when picked up
Two-hand Axe
199 - 300 Damage Speed 3.40
(73.4 damage per second)
+22 Strength
+17 Stamina
Durability 120 / 120
Requires Level 60
Chance on hit: Delivers a fatal wound for 240 damage.

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=19353

or 

Halberd of Smiting
Binds when picked up
Two-hand Polearm
175 - 263 Damage Speed 3.50
(62.6 damage per second)
Durability 120 / 120
Requires Level 60

Equip: Chance to decapitate the target on a melee swing, causing 452 to 677 damage.

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=19874

I see. Is there any way to find a list of items that might qualify? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, blackhammer99 said:

I see. Is there any way to find a list of items that might qualify? 

If it has a duration or says the damage has a type like "shadow damage" then it doesn't qualify.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×