Jump to content
petroix

Prot Pala, grinding spots

Recommended Posts

Hi. I was leveling in Ret but I decided to go Prot at lvl50 and grind the last 10lvls + farm some gold. As for today, I regret it because I spent all my gold for blue gear and all spots are overcrowded especially by 60's and there is a lot of ganking. So I can't go level, I can't farm gold and I lost already 3 days doing nothing. Need some help ASAP cus I have no idea what to do. I wanted to avoid 50lvl+ map questing in Ret because of 60's ganking, thought it will be more chill to grind as Prot in some dungs or uncrowded spots.
HP - 3K, Mana - 2.5K, Armor - 5.4K
Is it ok for level 50 btw? I have problems even with 4-5 mobs, it's not as smooth as I thought. I think I could do that better and faster even in Ret killing one by one but no sure tho. Ty for any help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, petroix said:

Hi. I was leveling in Ret but I decided to go Prot at lvl50 and grind the last 10lvls + farm some gold. As for today, I regret it because I spent all my gold for blue gear and all spots are overcrowded especially by 60's and there is a lot of ganking. So I can't go level, I can't farm gold and I lost already 3 days doing nothing. Need some help ASAP cus I have no idea what to do. I wanted to avoid 50lvl+ map questing in Ret because of 60's ganking, thought it will be more chill to grind as Prot in some dungs or uncrowded spots.
HP - 3K, Mana - 2.5K, Armor - 5.4K
Is it ok for level 50 btw? I have problems even with 4-5 mobs, it's not as smooth as I thought. I think I could do that better and faster even in Ret killing one by one but no sure tho. Ty for any help.

Dungeons....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Grinding in a 5 man is up to 5-8x less exp per hour than just killing mobs your same level solo in the world.

AoE farming?  That is a luxury and not required.  If you've invested gold, energy and 3 days into it and still level 50 then perhaps you should rethink your return on investment.  Taking a 4 hours per day allotted time for leveling as an assumption for your quoted 3 days of doing nothing you could easily be level 53 or 54 (55 now at the time of replying to your post.

Zones and specific hotspots WILL ALWAYS be dangerous, it is a World at War after all.  Many of us leveled during times of 12K-15K people, so your experiences are not new and don't require much explanation.

If there was some uber good no opposition AoE grinding spot that did exist, why would somebody just give that away to you and bring attention to their spot?

Advice:

Make a spec that limits down time and has decent killing time, go to any zone that has mobs 1-2 levels lower than you and stay the hell away from roads, quest hubs or locations that are frequented by questers ie: middle of nowhere.  Grind on mobs that either give you rep, drop high price vendor loot, or something that is marketable on the AH such as meat for cooking.   

Slow Money > No Money, in this case EXP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As prot pala you grind undead mobs in WPL cemetery or any of the farms there, its almost never fared by 60s only leveling mages. You get decent ammount of gold from cloth and silver. 

Leveling on farms there from 50-55 should net you at least 20g-30g per hour.

Do you have spikes on shield? You need stamina on all of your gear also. Skullflame shield helps, and grenades if you need to heal.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes I got Thorium Spike Shield. I didn't mean 5 mans with people but maybe I could do some of them solo? Like farming lashers in DM but I'm too low lvl and too weak for that yet. The problem is that all spots are overcrowded, in WPL I already see 60's ganking when I only just land from gryph. I tried several spots on several maps and in Prot it's even more hard cus if you pull and start fighting and someone gank you then you're 100% dead. 

Can you say if tanking 4-5 mobs in Prot is same efficient as doing it in Ret but just killing them one by one? In Ret you kill faster, and don't have to regen or use your CD's. In Prot you ofc pull 4 or 5 but you kill them in 10 years and you end up using bubble, bandages and sometimes potion and have to regen after each pull. What's the point of prot then, can someone explain?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Buy one of those 3.8s boe hammers and go ret with crusader. With right spec you will reck people in pvp. See what i did there? ☺ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They said prot can farm/grind and make gold. I thought I could lvl up fast like that guy in DM on lashers getting 650xp for each lasher. But I can't even take 5 yellow mobs. Not to mention wherever I go I see even 3x 60's farming everywhere even 40+ maps, this is ridiculous.

What you mean, what you did there? I'm not sure if Ret is so strong, every magic/ranged class will probably beat me. Maybe Reckoning but if you're not stacked then gg. I'm first time playing vanilla and I wanted to understand how Paladin works here but my teaching isn't going well ;p It's completely different world compared to wotlk pala.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, petroix said:

Yes I got Thorium Spike Shield. I didn't mean 5 mans with people but maybe I could do some of them solo? Like farming lashers in DM but I'm too low lvl and too weak for that yet. The problem is that all spots are overcrowded, in WPL I already see 60's ganking when I only just land from gryph. I tried several spots on several maps and in Prot it's even more hard cus if you pull and start fighting and someone gank you then you're 100% dead. 

Can you say if tanking 4-5 mobs in Prot is same efficient as doing it in Ret but just killing them one by one? In Ret you kill faster, and don't have to regen or use your CD's. In Prot you ofc pull 4 or 5 but you kill them in 10 years and you end up using bubble, bandages and sometimes potion and have to regen after each pull. What's the point of prot then, can someone explain?

Hello,
I'm afraid you must be doing something wrong regarding taking on more than 4-5 mobs at the time. Of course, you can't spec protection and expect to wreck the whole world without knowing how to use this solid weapon.
As a level 50 prot paladin you can take 5-10 mobs that are your level, 1-2 levels higher or lower, without the need of bubble or potions or any other long term cooldowns. It is not super easy, but it's easy enough.

Some tips:

  • Get a weapon that procs instant damage, like http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=9651 or http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=811  enchant it with Fiery weapon. Why? Weapon procs and enchant procs make the seal proc as well. What is more, it procs off of reckoning, so if you have your reckoning stacked to full, you might get 5 weapon procs (for this example - Nature Damage, it can crit as well), 5 Fiery weapon procs (that can crit), 5 melee swings and 5 seal procs. Even if you only have 1 reckoning charge, you can do some heavy damage. That's quite cool, isn't it?
     
  • Use Retribution aura.
     
  • Wear plate armor that provides you with Stamina, Intellect and Strength. Combination of "...of the Eagle" or "...of the Bear".
     
  • Get these trinkets: http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=17774http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=11302, For Mark of the Chosen, you can solo the first three bosses that are outside the instance, of course do a Maraudon run with a group for the rest of those bosses (of course don't forget to get The Princess quest for http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=17705 if you can't afford the weapons I mentioned previously; however it's not as good as those (Thrash Blade does not proc so good for a paladin due auto-hit only attacks and the main factor: it does not proc off of reckoning) . Well, for Uther's Strength it depends if you're lucky enough to get it from the AH for 10-15g (it's really really worth it, procs more than 5 times during the bigger Aoe Pulls). :)
     
  • You must play smart, choosing the right seal is your way of survival and doing the most efficient damage.
     
  • Conserve your mana, always have enough for seal switching.
     
  • Do not drain your mana pool with consecration, use the highest rank two-three times and use Rank 1 afterwards for the rest of the fight (remember, keep enough mana for seal switching).
     
  • Do not use SoR when fighting more than 4-5 mobs at a time (or use it wisely), use Seal of Light instead. Why seal of light? Because of reckoning. Using /sit stacks your reckoning (while you sit, a mob will land a melee critical hit on you(you can't stack reckoning off of grey mobs tho, as they cannot crit you)). When you unleash your reckoning while Seal of Light is active, you should get few hundreds of your HP back, repeat that until you kill the last of mobs (you should end up with 70-90% of your hp and 5-10% of your mana).
     
  • You might want to kill 1-2 mobs fast with SoR using /sit and reckoning combo. Use Seal of Light /sit combo afterwards for fast healing, as there is no way to cast Flash of Light while dealing with so many mobs.
     
  • You don't have to Judge mobs while fighting many of them, as they will die fast enough without worthy benefit. Unless you're doing fast SoR /sit combo then SoR judgement shortens the time you need to kill a mob.
     
  • Choose mobs that do not cast damage doing spells, as you cannot use it for your benefits, mobs doing melee damage is the way of Aoe Grind Leveling.

I am myself leveling a prot paladin, it's level 51 now with 3k hp/mana and I can guarantee that, by playing it smart it works damn well! Killing 10~ mobs usually takes like 3-4 minutes. So basically every 4-5 minutes you are ready for a new pull.
Also, a prot paladin with a heavy 1h weapon that procs is a nightmare for any melee class PvP wise while leveling. You just wreck them, really... even the ones that are few more levels higher than you. Not so easy dealing with casters tho. :)

I really hope this helps!

-Saned

Edited by Saned
Few updates

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, thank you for your post man! :) 

I have Thrash Blade from Maraudon. But I think I didn't understand what you were saying about weapon procs. I thought a weapon with stats like +stam +str would be better. Why weapon proc bonus or proc enchant should affect the chance of seal to proc? Is it connected somehow or what? When I was leveling in Ret I never heard or read anywhere to use a 2H weapon with proc bonus or proc enchant because my Seal of Command will procs more often or something. Sorry maybe I just didn't understand exactly.

Should I have Reckoning talent? I read somewhere that it's not working as good because mobs very rarely crit you if you are a tank. Also at level 51 my build looks like http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#sE0zZVhxcezVo so I have no Reckoning yet.

I always switch between Seal of Light and Seal of Wisdom. Btw. is Seal of Light healing (with Reckoning) worth to lose so much HP due to /sit taking crits?

The rest I'm doing like you suggest. It look like that:
I'm pulling 4-5 mobs, Blessing of Sanctuary and Retri aura up, cast Holy Shield and Consecration, cast Seal of Light and I'm auto attacking. Then I switch between Seals till the end. And cast again Holy Shield when is availabe again. Using consecration as you suggest. However my Retri aura does 16 dmg so it's super weak imo. I have problems tanking 5 green mobs, my damage is super low and I'm dying quite fast. I don't have any trinkets yet. If you're level 51 maybe we can meet ingame and you show me how are you doing with your prot? :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, petroix said:

Hey, thank you for your post man! :) 

I have Thrash Blade from Maraudon. But I think I didn't understand what you were saying about weapon procs. I thought a weapon with stats like +stam +str would be better. Why weapon proc bonus or proc enchant should affect the chance of seal to proc? Is it connected somehow or what? When I was leveling in Ret I never heard or read anywhere to use a 2H weapon with proc bonus or proc enchant because my Seal of Command will procs more often or something. Sorry maybe I just didn't understand exactly.

Should I have Reckoning talent? I read somewhere that it's not working as good because mobs very rarely crit you if you are a tank. Also at level 51 my build looks like http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#sE0zZVhxcezVo so I have no Reckoning yet.

I always switch between Seal of Light and Seal of Wisdom. Btw. is Seal of Light healing (with Reckoning) worth to lose so much HP due to /sit taking crits?

The rest I'm doing like you suggest. It look like that:
I'm pulling 4-5 mobs, Blessing of Sanctuary and Retri aura up, cast Holy Shield and Consecration, cast Seal of Light and I'm auto attacking. Then I switch between Seals till the end. And cast again Holy Shield when is availabe again. Using consecration as you suggest. However my Retri aura does 16 dmg so it's super weak imo. I have problems tanking 5 green mobs, my damage is super low and I'm dying quite fast. I don't have any trinkets yet. If you're level 51 maybe we can meet ingame and you show me how are you doing with your prot? :)

No problem at all. :)
Weapon stats like stam and str are better if you're a tank. You stack defense, stamina, strenght, agility, for defensive purposes, you also need a faster weapon for threat generation (you don't need threat generation while leveling and 2.7 speed weapon is enough for 5 man tanking when leveling).

While leveling as ret, your first priority must be the weapon speed (the slower, the better 3.50-4.00) and top end weapon damage, stats like str/stam are not as important as damage, well but it's not a topic about ret. :) 


Yes, damage dealing enchant and weapon procs like "chance on hit, deal xxx fire/nature/frost/shadow damage", or "wounds the target for xxx damage (of this I'm not 100% positive, but the mechanic should work this way too)" could cause another seal proc to go off. For example, you're using Seal of Wisdom, you could get 3 procs out of one melee swing, just because the weapon procs, the enchant procs and melee swing hits.

You don't need reckoning if you stack defence and tank 10 mans, 20 mans, or some 40 man bosses, because, as you say, you're a tank and tanks don't get crit.
Let's be honest - while you level a protection paladin, you don't need any +defence stat as it reduces the change you are being critically hit, meaning you lose damage that could be dealt to the same mob afterwards. You don't need that talent that increases your defence. On this I am positive.

To level a prot paladin efficiently you must invest time (getting some important gadgets) and gold (buying decent stuff from AH).

It is worth /sitting while wanting to stack Reckoning as only 1 mob will crit you at a time (you stand up automatically after you receive damage). Four sits takes you a few seconds. You receive little more damage than usually due to crits, however the life you get back sometimes exceeds the damage you have received. You will notice that after killing off 70% mobs your life will get closer and closer to 100%. I am telling you this from my personal experience. While leveling prot reckoning, you always /sit. :)

And now I see the problem, why you do struggle with 4-5 mobs. You have no damage, none at all. You cannot level a paladin fast and joyfully if you're a tank, because it will be slow, frustrating and time consuming. Protection paladin can be very, very offensive form of leveling if you do it all right. Warriors, druids, have enough skills for damage dealing that we do not. We only depend on our Melee swing, Judgement and Reflective damage.

Of course, you can save your gold and go on with the spec you have (even more, if you plan on tanking at level 60) OR get some trinkets, get a weapon that procs damage as well with weapon enchant that does the same AND respec and enjoy the last 10 levels until you hit level 60, I am using this spec: http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#sxVzZVhthczE next step is I plan on taking the Holy Shield at level 52.

Yes we can meet in game and I could show you a trick or two if we're both on the same realm (Anathema here).


-Saned

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks again, I understand now what you mean, I hope :) So my weapon enchant and proc bonus are "theoretically" treated like two more melee swings? And each of these swings can cause my Seal to procs. Man, I never knew about that :P

Saying I'm a tank I didn't mean actually tanking dungeons. I'm not interested in this, except 1 quest run for each dung. I leveled in Ret and changed to Prot for AoE grind/farm. I just wanted to avoid ganking while getting last 10lvls and try something new + farm some gold. I thought Prot Pala can be much better at least in gold farming than Ret Pala.

Leveling as Prot you mean AoE grinding? I was sure I need to be a tank to keep so many mobs on me and not die. That's why I bought something with +def etc. And when you /sit stack your Reckoning you don't attack in the meantime? You only attack when full stacked or how exactly you do it?

Last question about the spec. I was always wondering which way is a bigger loss, going Holy tree first for Consecration but getting very important BoS and HS very late or going Prot tree first but getting Consecration very late. I really can't decide which is better :D Btw. do I need Improved RF? I'd like to put them somwhere else.

Unfortunatelly I play on Eysium ;/ But mate, in general, you explained some things to me, thanks a lot!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, petroix said:

Thanks again, I understand now what you mean, I hope :) So my weapon enchant and proc bonus are "theoretically" treated like two more melee swings? And each of these swings can cause my Seal to procs. Man, I never knew about that :P

Saying I'm a tank I didn't mean actually tanking dungeons. I'm not interested in this, except 1 quest run for each dung. I leveled in Ret and changed to Prot for AoE grind/farm. I just wanted to avoid ganking while getting last 10lvls and try something new + farm some gold. I thought Prot Pala can be much better at least in gold farming than Ret Pala.

Leveling as Prot you mean AoE grinding? I was sure I need to be a tank to keep so many mobs on me and not die. That's why I bought something with +def etc. And when you /sit stack your Reckoning you don't attack in the meantime? You only attack when full stacked or how exactly you do it?

Last question about the spec. I was always wondering which way is a bigger loss, going Holy tree first for Consecration but getting very important BoS and HS very late or going Prot tree first but getting Consecration very late. I really can't decide which is better :D Btw. do I need Improved RF? I'd like to put them somwhere else.

Unfortunatelly I play on Eysium ;/ But mate, in general, you explained some things to me, thanks a lot!

The right reckoning/protection build and gear might be one of the fastest ways to farm mobs for gold, well, that's my opinion, that confirmed for me :)

Yes "theoretically" weapon procs and enchants work that way.

Leveling as prot is not completely aoe grind, you do quests as well, just as you have a quest to do, like killing 15 mobs, you do it fast, as you can pull loads of them at once. Defence rating will keep you healthier while tanking dungeons, since I stack Stam, Str and Int I am much more vulnerable while tanking 3-4 elites at a time.

When you sit, you automatically stop the attack and I attack with reckoning charges depending on situation, sometimes fully stacked sometimes not, really depends, only you can figure the best way for youuself. :) 

Well, firstly I went reckoning (I was solo leveling till like 45 without dungeons I also leveled as ret too, then at some point I got consecration).

What do you mean by RF? :)

Glas I was able to help you!!!

 

-Saned

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always pick Ret for leveling because it's a damage dealing tree. I can heal/tank/dps in dungeons if I keep some different gear sets with me. And I feel more safe in PvP, this is maybe the biggest reason. Could you compare all above with Prot so I can see the differences? ;)

So what if I go Prot tree first (while leveling a new paladin) and leave Consecration for later? Just to get Holy Shield at 40. I can also go Holy for Consecration at the start but can be hard without BoS and Holy Shield. It's 11lvls delay.

By RF I mean Righteous Fury. It's only for dungeons so I could put these 3 points into something more useful. People say even Retri can tank low level dungeons with 1h+shield so I'd like to skip RF :)

Reckoning seems really complicated. Can be hard to learn how and when to use it, especially in PvP. "Should I /sit now or maybe I should attack?" Hehe :D
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, petroix said:

I always pick Ret for leveling because it's a damage dealing tree. I can heal/tank/dps in dungeons if I keep some different gear sets with me. And I feel more safe in PvP, this is maybe the biggest reason. Could you compare all above with Prot so I can see the differences? ;)

So what if I go Prot tree first (while leveling a new paladin) and leave Consecration for later? Just to get Holy Shield at 40. I can also go Holy for Consecration at the start but can be hard without BoS and Holy Shield. It's 11lvls delay.

By RF I mean Righteous Fury. It's only for dungeons so I could put these 3 points into something more useful. People say even Retri can tank low level dungeons with 1h+shield so I'd like to skip RF :)

Reckoning seems really complicated. Can be hard to learn how and when to use it, especially in PvP. "Should I /sit now or maybe I should attack?" Hehe :D
 

Well if you go prot, you won't be a good dps in dungeons, you can either heal or tank. :)

PvP wise, being ret allows you fighting ranged classes and increases the chance of winning against them, while prot struggles as casters crit them rarely and the other sources of paladin damage are poor at distance and has no control. However feral druids, rogues, warriors, enchancement shamans usually overwhelm ret paladins while leveling. On the other hand, melees face real difficulties while they fight prot paladin. Prot paladin has a big chance of winning, you don't really have to sit in PvP while fighting a melee class as they will overwhelm you with hits and crits and you will stack reckoning in no time. Long story short, fighting a melee as prot is fun and easy, fighting any ranged class is frustrating.

You can either have Consecration early levels on, or later, it depends on what you plan to do with your paladin. You can do 4-5 mob pulls even without consecration and kill them with smart use of seals and reckoning. Of course it'll be really hard if you want to tank a dungeon (been there, done that).
You don't necessarily have to put 3 points in RF, I did that because if I had to tank a dungeon, I would have my threat generator increased.

You can never know if you haven't tried.

At the end of the day it's just a game and it's purpose is just to entertain people, so you should play it the way you want to and the way it makes you feel good. :) 


-Saned

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm.. I'd say leveling prot is better on low pop servers - ret however on high pop like Elysium. It's just what I think, here is why:

Ret kills mobs 1 by 1 so it's easy to keep full HP/mana all the time and be prepared for ganking/pvp.
Now imagine Prot pulling 5+ mobs and someone ganking him. There are players everywhere on Elysium.
Same goes with farming/grinding spots, I was flying everywhere today to check several zones and all spots were occupied + I've been ganked few times. Ret isn't as good as prot against melee classes but it can still do fine with some engi items + can try to fight any other class what cannot be said about prot. Do I think right? Or there is an option to level as Reckoning/Ret so you stack up while fighting melee classes :)

I decided to do a test on instant 60 server, regarding:

Quote

Weapon procs and enchant procs make the seal proc as well. What is more, it procs off of reckoning, so if you have your reckoning stacked to full, you might get 5 weapon procs (for this example - Nature Damage, it can crit as well), 5 Fiery weapon procs (that can crit), 5 melee swings and 5 seal procs. Even if you only have 1 reckoning charge, you can do some heavy damage. That's quite cool, isn't it?

And idk what I'm doing wrong but I always get one proc, no more. I have Blackhand Doomsaw with Fiery Weapon and Reckoning talent. No matter what, it always procs once. The only exception is SoR, it procs 5 times if I'm stacked. But if I use Seal of Light it will heal me one time. Same with Wisdom and Command. And my weapon chance on hit procs only once too. Fiery Weapon procs 1-2 times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, petroix said:

Hmm.. I'd say leveling prot is better on low pop servers - ret however on high pop like Elysium. It's just what I think, here is why:

Ret kills mobs 1 by 1 so it's easy to keep full HP/mana all the time and be prepared for ganking/pvp.
Now imagine Prot pulling 5+ mobs and someone ganking him. There are players everywhere on Elysium.
Same goes with farming/grinding spots, I was flying everywhere today to check several zones and all spots were occupied + I've been ganked few times. Ret isn't as good as prot against melee classes but it can still do fine with some engi items + can try to fight any other class what cannot be said about prot. Do I think right? Or there is an option to level as Reckoning/Ret so you stack up while fighting melee classes :)

I decided to do a test on instant 60 server, regarding:

And idk what I'm doing wrong but I always get one proc, no more. I have Blackhand Doomsaw with Fiery Weapon and Reckoning talent. No matter what, it always procs once. The only exception is SoR, it procs 5 times if I'm stacked. But if I use Seal of Light it will heal me one time. Same with Wisdom and Command. And my weapon chance on hit procs only once too. Fiery Weapon procs 1-2 times.

It works that way on Anathema realm. For example: Fiery weapon procs, or melee weapon procs (chance on hit deal xxx damage), then it has a chance to proc SoW or SoR, of that I am 100% sure, that it works that way on Anathema. I think there even has been some discussions that it should work that way according to blizz paladin mechanics. To be honest, I think it doesn't proc SoL (got to do some more testing).
Wisdom seal proc is not a 100% chance, but a chance on hit, I often see in my combat log, that a melee swing, weapon proc, fiery weapon and SoR restores mana equal to Seals number.
Seal of light is also a chance on hit, meaning that out of reckoning unleash in can proc 1,2, 3, 4 or 5 times for every hit. So sometimes you get life back for every hit, sometimes for only one out of five and so on.
Weapon "chance on hit do xxx damage" can proc out of reckoning and it works that way on Anathema too.
The server you are doing these procs might be just broken, many servers have broken paladin mechanics and developers of them don't even bother fixing it.


-Saned

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm, very strange. I'll have to test that on Elysium then. But how I said before, Prot imo is unplayable on Elysium. No matter where I go, all spots are occupied and if I only just pull anything they gank me immediately. So many 60's ganking too. You just can't do anything and anywhere.

I took my friend mage with me, we tried DM lashers together. I'm not even saying we died like 15 times untill we finally got to the entrance because of 60's corpse camping. Inside there are only 4 lasher packs, so it's not as good as i expected. And they drop 95% herbs only. Only 4 packs and you have to die, run from cementary and reset? It's not even close to be efficent imo. We both were very disappointed. So we went to WPL. 2 pulls, and we got ganked by ofc not 1, not 2 but 3 hordes. And one of them was lvl 60 ofc. This is ridiculous, I had several minutes waiting time for respawn. I have completely no idea how are you supposed to aoe grind/farm on that server but imo its impossible. I lost almost a week flying everywhere and trying to grind and lots of gold for AH items but I know at least now, that I won't go prot never again on high pop server. Anathema has 2,7k online now, Elysium 6,2k maybe that's why it is working somehow for you, idk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/6/2017 at 4:16 AM, Saned said:

It works that way on Anathema realm. For example: Fiery weapon procs, or melee weapon procs (chance on hit deal xxx damage), then it has a chance to proc SoW or SoR, of that I am 100% sure, that it works that way on Anathema. I think there even has been some discussions that it should work that way according to blizz paladin mechanics. To be honest, I think it doesn't proc SoL (got to do some more testing).
Wisdom seal proc is not a 100% chance, but a chance on hit, I often see in my combat log, that a melee swing, weapon proc, fiery weapon and SoR restores mana equal to Seals number.
Seal of light is also a chance on hit, meaning that out of reckoning unleash in can proc 1,2, 3, 4 or 5 times for every hit. So sometimes you get life back for every hit, sometimes for only one out of five and so on.
Weapon "chance on hit do xxx damage" can proc out of reckoning and it works that way on Anathema too.
The server you are doing these procs might be just broken, many servers have broken paladin mechanics and developers of them don't even bother fixing it.


-Saned

Hi there! Your tips have been very useful to figuring out the optimal way to AoE farm on my Paladin. Have you had much luck with finding some farming spots for level 60 (assuming you've hit 60 by now)? I've just recently picked up a Skullflame Shield and I have some pretty good tanking gear on my Paladin, but I'm having trouble really nailing down a location that provides good GPM, preferably in an instance. Lasher farm hasn't been that great GPM wise. I've also done SM for cloth/chests but it's mediocre at best.

I'm also planning on picking up a Masterwork Stormhammer http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=12794 and putting the Badlands Fiery Blaze Enchantment on it. Dropping Reckoning bombs with that combination should deliver a pretty devastating amount of damage. I'm looking forward to trying it out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6. 6. 2017 at 5:03 PM, petroix said:

Hmm, very strange. I'll have to test that on Elysium then. But how I said before, Prot imo is unplayable on Elysium. No matter where I go, all spots are occupied and if I only just pull anything they gank me immediately. So many 60's ganking too. You just can't do anything and anywhere.

I took my friend mage with me, we tried DM lashers together. I'm not even saying we died like 15 times untill we finally got to the entrance because of 60's corpse camping. Inside there are only 4 lasher packs, so it's not as good as i expected. And they drop 95% herbs only. Only 4 packs and you have to die, run from cementary and reset? It's not even close to be efficent imo. We both were very disappointed. So we went to WPL. 2 pulls, and we got ganked by ofc not 1, not 2 but 3 hordes. And one of them was lvl 60 ofc. This is ridiculous, I had several minutes waiting time for respawn. I have completely no idea how are you supposed to aoe grind/farm on that server but imo its impossible. I lost almost a week flying everywhere and trying to grind and lots of gold for AH items but I know at least now, that I won't go prot never again on high pop server. Anathema has 2,7k online now, Elysium 6,2k maybe that's why it is working somehow for you, idk.

Your problem is you think there is some magic to gold farming and that people do it fast. If you stick to one spot like EPL bats and killed those one by one for 20 hours in that week you would have at least 600 gold and levels if needed.

Also you dont die to lashers man! You write /camp and you have to be alone its not possible to farm DM east as 2 people because /camp will port only one person to the entrance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A weapon tip early on: Knightly Longsword, 1.50 speed(!), available at lvl33, World Drop, check the AH for "of the bear" http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=864

You will use this later on for fast mana reg with Seal of Wisdom (and Fiery Weapon of course). I currently use this sword with my lvl35 prot paladin for questing, grinding, dungeon tanking. I like this spec (11/xxx/0) far more than pure ret.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×