Whichy

Am I the only one who's hesitating about what's coming next?

8 posts in this topic

Hi there guys,

I hear the Elysium staff claiming that this community prefers vanilla ALL the time: I don't particularly mind, I'm just not sure that's true when you take a look at how excited people were by the TBC announcement...even though the crestfall announcement excited a lot of people as well. Oh, I'm not complaining: it's good that people can play TBC before crestfall finally moves on to TBC themselves with their PTE servers (although, according to several sources, this "croggeserver won't be anything special, really....but I suppose that it's another matter entirely).

In fact, I'm now in a situation where I'm slightly hesitating here: should I accept lower overall quality to enjoy TBC much sooner, or should I just stick to my original plan, which is to play on crestfall? My mind process is quite simple: If I wanted just another average tbc server, I'd have settled for the ones that were already available in the past (hellground, l4g, excalibur...), so why should I be excited about the one coming soon IF it's nothing special (maybe the rumors are wrong and it's actually decent)?

On the other hand, sooooo many things could happen: crestfall could be something that's not so special, it could fail to deliver, there could yet be another huge delay. And of course, it could be the same for the legacy crusade.

Best case scenario: crestfall's all we ever wanted, and Crogge's server is actually a decent alternative...which of course wouldn't make it any easier to choose :s.

Am I the only one who's hesitating between these two future options: the "pure" PTE option and the hybrid "messy" PTE option (that would at least let people enjoy TBC sooner)? Are you guys also thinking something like "meh, It's kinda hard to decide right now".

Thank you

Edited by Whichy

I would suggest going Elysium tbc and then IF we ever get to see Crestfall you switch over. Crestfall tbc isn't going to happen for years and you might just wait and wait for nothing.

6 minutes ago, TheDruidCode said:

I would suggest going Elysium tbc and then IF we ever get to see Crestfall you switch over. Crestfall tbc isn't going to happen for years and you might just wait and wait for nothing.

Yeah, I know, but the thing is: I don't mind rolling on CF for vanilla as I love this game, AND (I know it's quite hard to prove it right now), I have the feeling that this TBC project won't be on par with my expectations, as far as quality goes.

So I'm kinda torn between the fact that crestfall looks really exciting on paper (starting with vanilla of course, I'm not just excited by TBC...not to mention that they want to do all the other expansions later on), and that a huge part of the community will play on the Elsyium TBC server. If there are enough people playing on crestfall, I'll probably go there, if not...I might switch to the elysium tbc server.

Edited by Whichy

I think the Crestfall servers will be very populated. At least for vanilla. The vanilla community don't want to go tbc and when elysium tbc opens and a large chunk of people go there and   the rest are done with naxx we will want new and fresh. And if Crestfall delivers the expected quality I see no reason for people to play anywhere else.

But there's still the big IF.

32 minutes ago, Whichy said:

So I'm kinda torn between the fact that crestfall looks really exciting on paper (starting with vanilla of course, I'm not just excited by TBC...not to mention that they want to do all the other expansions later on), and that a huge part of the community will play on the Elsyium TBC server. If there are enough people playing on crestfall, I'll probably go there, if not...I might switch to the elysium tbc server.

From yesterday: http://www.strawpoll.me/14145329/r

Still worried :D ?

If I can transfer my Anathema characters to a TBC server, I'll do that.

Otherwise, I'll just post stuff on the AH and logout -- and that's what I've been doing for (at least) six months now.  I already raided Naxx40 in 2005-06; and TBC addresses most of what I dislike about Vanilla (faction balance, talent trees).

I was kinda in the same boat, but really, both the elysium tbc server and crestfall are the future of Elysium, so there's no way in hell either of them will have a population issue.

Edited by Da-name checks out