Sign in to follow this  
Roidrage

Paladin mechanics

16 posts in this topic

Hello

I am fairly new to the Paladin class and have some few questions.

A. Seal of Rightousness

1. From autoattacks: Are the damage affected by spellpower, can it crit and if so are that affected by spell crit?

2. Judgment SoR: Are the damage affected by spellpower, can it crit and if so are that affected by spell crit?

 

B. Seal of Command:

1. From autoattacks: The holy damage are it affected by spellpower, can it crit and if so are that affected by spell crit?

2. Judgement SoC: The holy damage are it affected by spellpower, can it crit and if so are that affected by spell crit?

 

C. Consecration:

1. The damage are it affected by spellpower or attackpower?

2. The ticks can they crit and if so are that affected by spellcrit?

 

D. Weapon proc (fire, frost, nature and holy dmg procs)

1. Will the weaponproc be affected by spellpower?

2. Will the weapon proc be able to crit?

3. If its a holy dmg proc will it be affected by Sanctity aura?

 

 

Hope i get answere from people who knows.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Stoley said:

Holy damage is affected by spellpower and can crit. 

I read somewere that Seal of Command crit were not affected by spellcrit (int) but by melee crit (agility). Is that true?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stoley said:

Seal of Command relies on melee crit.

So if i understand this correct. Seal of Command holy damage proc are affected by spell power (or are it onlu 70% flat of weapon dmg) but the crit are affected by melee crit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Roidrage said:

Hello

I am fairly new to the Paladin class and have some few questions.

A. Seal of Rightousness

1. From autoattacks: Are the damage affected by spellpower, can it crit and if so are that affected by spell crit?

2. Judgment SoR: Are the damage affected by spellpower, can it crit and if so are that affected by spell crit?

 

B. Seal of Command:

1. From autoattacks: The holy damage are it affected by spellpower, can it crit and if so are that affected by spell crit?

2. Judgement SoC: The holy damage are it affected by spellpower, can it crit and if so are that affected by spell crit?

 

C. Consecration:

1. The damage are it affected by spellpower or attackpower?

2. The ticks can they crit and if so are that affected by spellcrit?

 

D. Weapon proc (fire, frost, nature and holy dmg procs)

1. Will the weaponproc be affected by spellpower?

2. Will the weapon proc be able to crit?

3. If its a holy dmg proc will it be affected by Sanctity aura?

 

 

Hope i get answere from people who knows.

 

Quote

A. Seal of Rightousness

1. From autoattacks: Are the damage affected by spellpower, can it crit and if so are that affected by spell crit?

2. Judgment SoR: Are the damage affected by spellpower, can it crit and if so are that affected by spell crit?

1. From Autoattacks it is affected lot by spell power and it cannot crit but also never miss or resist, it can proc weap procs.

2. Judgement is affected by Spell Power , it can crit according to spell crit , can resist according to spell hit rules , it can partial resist according to level base resist.
 

Quote

 

B. Seal of Command:

1. From autoattacks: The holy damage are it affected by spellpower, can it crit and if so are that affected by spell crit?

2. Judgement SoC: The holy damage are it affected by spellpower, can it crit and if so are that affected by spell crit?

 

1. Seal of Command is affected by Spell Power and it also increase from Attack Power at same time , it can Crit , it is not affected by Spell Crit , it is affected by Melee Crit and crit like melee 100% , It can do partial resist according to level base resist , it should never ever full resist , it can dodge/miss/parry if you lack melee hit, it can proc items/weap/veng etc .

2. Judgement of Command is affected by Spell Power , it can Crit , it is not affected by Spell Crit , it is affected by Melee Crit and crit like melee 100% , it can do partial resist according to level base resistance , it will full resist only if you lack Melee hit, it hit double damage on stunned target , it proc items from your equipment and vengeance etc .

Quote

 

C. Consecration:

1. The damage are it affected by spellpower or attackpower?

2. The ticks can they crit and if so are that affected by spellcrit?

 

1. It is affected by Spell Power only (attackpower is false and should never work according to AP).

2. Ticks can't and should never crit and is not affected by any crit and should never ever resist.

Quote

 

D. Weapon proc (fire, frost, nature and holy dmg procs)

1. Will the weaponproc be affected by spellpower?

2. Will the weapon proc be able to crit?

3. If its a holy dmg proc will it be affected by Sanctity aura?

 

1. Those who have x Chance a proc should be affected by spell power , not those who have 100% proc rate, only those who have low chances or some chances.

2. Some yes , some not , depend on the weapon.

3. Yes, everything Holy Damage (not healing) should be affected by Sanctity Aura

/Kind regards Killerduki

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Roidrage said:

I read somewere that Seal of Command crit were not affected by spellcrit (int) but by melee crit (agility). Is that true?

True and that how it suppose to work.

/Kind regards Killerduki

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Roidrage said:

So if i understand this correct. Seal of Command holy damage proc are affected by spell power (or are it onlu 70% flat of weapon dmg) but the crit are affected by melee crit?

Seal of Command is 70% flat weapon damage + Spell Damage Coefficient + 14AP = 1 dmg + increased damage by bonuses like Sanctity = Damage that can melee Crit and is affected by Melee crit.

It is called Elemental Melee school , which i under Melee Elemental table like Ragnaros swings, Elementals in Ungoro etc.

Which mean it can double Crit like melee,  dodge,parry, miss , partial resist (only if higher level than you) , never block!

/Kind regards Killerduki

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@killerduki Thanks for the informative answere. A reflection its a bit wierd that SoR can't crit but a shamans FT can crit and also have it enhanced.

 

But to a more importent question you mabey can help me with. I plan to play my paladin a different way (similar to how i play my enhancement shaman). this is for fun but i dont want it to be insanely gimped if i compare to a strength build Retribution paladin.

What i want is to build a spell damage based retribution paladin with, Spell damage, int, mp 5 as main stats. And i am thinking that weapons affect how i build it, if i go 1-hander or 2-hander etc. I have 2 builds im thinking of.

SoR build:

http://armory.twinstar.cz/talent-calc.php?cid=2&d=vanilla&tal=25050100000000053000000000000152303502003150 

 

SoC build:

http://armory.twinstar.cz/talent-calc.php?cid=2&d=vanilla&tal=55000100000000053000000000000252303512003150

 

If i do go a Spell dagame build what would you suggest. i want to try it and make it as good as posible. And why do you think as you do?

 

Thx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So if i do understand you correct @killerduki there are no point in going int on a Spell damage Paladin because they either can't crit or are not affected by int as crit stat? So spec spell damage paladin only "works" as soon as you can get hold of gear with spell damage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/14/2017 at 1:49 PM, Roidrage said:

@killerduki Thanks for the informative answere. A reflection its a bit wierd that SoR can't crit but a shamans FT can crit and also have it enhanced.

 

But to a more importent question you mabey can help me with. I plan to play my paladin a different way (similar to how i play my enhancement shaman). this is for fun but i dont want it to be insanely gimped if i compare to a strength build Retribution paladin.

What i want is to build a spell damage based retribution paladin with, Spell damage, int, mp 5 as main stats. And i am thinking that weapons affect how i build it, if i go 1-hander or 2-hander etc. I have 2 builds im thinking of.

SoR build:

http://armory.twinstar.cz/talent-calc.php?cid=2&d=vanilla&tal=25050100000000053000000000000152303502003150 

 

SoC build:

http://armory.twinstar.cz/talent-calc.php?cid=2&d=vanilla&tal=55000100000000053000000000000252303512003150

 

If i do go a Spell dagame build what would you suggest. i want to try it and make it as good as posible. And why do you think as you do?

 

Thx

http://armory.twinstar.cz/talent-calc.php?cid=2&d=vanilla&tal=55303120501051000000000000000052300512200000

SoC Build as Spell Damage

http://armory.twinstar.cz/talent-calc.php?cid=2&d=vanilla&tal=05053120500000053251030100550000000000000000

SoR Build as Spell Damage

Everything is viable , also keep in mind Kronos is really bad scripted project, nothing works properly there compare to Elysium or Original WoW .

About Weapons , the slower the better for SoC Build and Proc Weapons are prio.

For SoR Build , Thunderfury is op , but since it's hard to obtain well , you gotta check which one has highest procs

Anyway this is just fraction of builds, there are many of them, i usually don't go for such Hybrids Builds, you might ask Theloras for these builds (for me it's a pvp builds) and he is good with such builds.
I am pve oriented mainly.

On 11/15/2017 at 10:54 AM, Roidrage said:

So if i do understand you correct @killerduki there are no point in going int on a Spell damage Paladin because they either can't crit or are not affected by int as crit stat? So spec spell damage paladin only "works" as soon as you can get hold of gear with spell damage.

That is not truth , Int is very important stat, not just for Crit (which with the Builds i shown is working good and is so viable to use) , but also it's good to survive with your Mana and RNG someone.

You want to use Meteor Trinket and Proc Trinkets as they also scale with such Builds + Enchants that proc + Weapons that Proc.

/Kind regards Killerduki

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So @Theloras knows alot. Thats good. The thing is i like to play around with other ways to build caracters and i would like to build Retribution spell damage build instead of white dmg. I have done it in the past with enhancement shaman. I would love try that with paladin. So i wonder if its posible to do that with paladin and not totaly gimp your self.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Roidrage said:

So @Theloras knows alot. Thats good. The thing is i like to play around with other ways to build caracters and i would like to build Retribution spell damage build instead of white dmg. I have done it in the past with enhancement shaman. I would love try that with paladin. So i wonder if its posible to do that with paladin and not totaly gimp your self.

He is good in these Hybrid Builds , i never bothered toward them much , i am just PVE Retribution/Protection Paladin.

My opinion is such Hybrid Builds are PVP oriented (personal opinion) and the best person to talk about such Builds is @Theloras

/Kind regards Killerduki

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SpellCrit = Int?

Melee Crit = Agi?

Then what is Spell Damage and SpellPower? Can someone explain, thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, petroix said:

SpellCrit = Int?

Melee Crit = Agi?

Then what is Spell Damage and SpellPower? Can someone explain, thanks.

Thats the ”attackpower” of spells. It makes spells do more damage. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this