Sign in to follow this  
petroix

Paladin in pvp, no cc = weak?

It's really important matter for me so i count on your help and some advices.

A paladin seems super weak because it has almost zero CC's. Can't slow, can't use ranged weapons. Has nothing to catch an enemy. You can only run and autoattack. Everyone can escape from you or kite you and laugh on you. You can't even stop someone on mount like in tbc with judgement of seal of justice. Going this way i'd rate paladin and warrior as the worst pvp classes. Warrior has at least charge and slow but still a hunter or mage can kite him and play with him like with a kid. Why it is like that? A mage has milion CC's slow, poli, blink, iceblock same with warlock fear spam/pet or rogue with milion stuns, stealth, blind, sprint. What i mean is that a paladin or warrior will never kill a mage, hunter, lock or rogue because they can simple kite you or escape from you cus you can't catch them anyway. And even if you catch them, they can blink, vanish or whatever again. It's not fair, paladin has almost nothing useful in pvp. Maybe it's not bad in group pvp like battleground but 1vs1 or world pvp encounters? You have no chance or at least no fair, balanced chance. I'm really considering rerolling to mage/rogue/hunter/lock/shaman or even druid who can simple change form 100 times and run away because you can't stop him. Am i wrong? Because it looks like that, a paladin looks like the worst pvp class. I really like the class itself but i'm super triggered when people do whatever they want with me because i have no response for that.

I'm playing a pally myself, and it's sooo fun lol. Hammer of Justice and Repentance are very important. We have alot of survivability, Lay on Hands, BoP, BoF to prevent an enemy from slowing you down, Divine Shield, Cleanse... I have yet to lose a duel. Having a speed trinket really helps against mages and hunters, you can pop your shield and get to them in a few seconds, and once they're in range, they're as good as dead. On top of that, you can always heal yourself. While paladins may not be the best option out there, if you know how to play one you're good. In a fair 1v1 fight, it's a really hard to take a skilled pally down. Obviously if someone surprises you while you're questing, especially a mage or hunter, and you fail to close the distance, there isn't much you can do, but that is not a class related problem. Same happens to any other class. Best of luck. :)

HoJ is almost nothing compared to all cc's that a mage has and you have to be very close to be able to use it. Repentance is very late in the tree so only Ret Pala can have it. What gives me healing or bubble or LoH once per 60min against mage or hunter for example? I can't heal myself forever it doesn't change the fact that i can't get close enough to frost mage or hunter to actually do enything to them. I'd trade all my bubbles and heals for something to catch and do damage seriously.

What speed trinket exactly are you talking about?

Still i feel powerless against frost mage or hunter kiting me with cheetah. This is so op. And as if that was not enough, they can even attack me through terrain and hills, i can't hide behind the tree etc. I have no idea how a paladin can catch them, it's almost impossible and they still can blink or freez you or whatever, and run away and start kiting you again. Even if you are engineer, they can be aswell.

Few days ago i saw 53lvl hunter playing with 60 geared warrior like with an idiot. That warrior was running on 100% mount and charging at him but the hunter just trap him or stun with his pet and kite him forever. Yesterday me (paladin) with my friend (warrior) were kited by 1lvl higher hunter for 15minutes and we couldn't do shit cus he was just running with cheetah all the time and slowing/traping/stunning us.

In any case man you have to think about how classes do different things. As Kalmar stated you have many skills like zero speed reduction, shields, and heals that give you advantages over other class. not to mention that the spirit of WoW does not have all the best class balancing. Pallys will get owned by skill hunters, rogues by skilled warriors, hunters by skilled rogues, ect. It sounds like you need a little more in-depth study of your class.

BTW one speed trinket he speaks of is Nifty Stopwatch. Excellent speed trinket.

7 hours ago, Motorbreath said:

Learn to play or respec.

In any case stop crying.

Sheesh.

If you don't want to say anything constructive then don't say anything please. Really there is no philosophy playing as paladin, there are few buttons and one stun. The rest is autoattack and pray for rng so not much to be learn. If you lack cc's when someone kite you it's not a matter of skill. And i'm not taking engi/potions etc. into account, i was comparing only each class and their abilities/talents. I'm convinced you wouldn't do much against mage or hunter aswell as a paladin. Also i'm talking about leveling but at 60 it shouldn't look much better tho.

Imagine when you play as pala (no additional items to help) and a mage or hunter attacks you from distance and start to kite/shot you. What would you do? Run after him and what? Being slowed and stunned all the time with your HP constantly dropping down. How would you catch them with a funny HoJ stun only? Ofc you can use BoF but they can blink or trap you, and kite again. And you can't survive that forever. So please, explain me this single thing, what would you do? I'm super curious.

Same goes to you.

Kalmar gave you all the answers, and yet you keep whining.

How is that constructive?

You better start listening to what people are telling you - especially since you asked for an advice here.

Maybe you should stop ignoring engi/potions etc.

What? What's that? Your class is still broken? Sorry: can't help with that.

It was pretty good while I've been playing it.