orwell

Timeline progression is too fast!

OK, because of this server, I lost all my progress from previous servers because everyone wanted "fresh", but fast progression. so no one showed up to play on Stratholme. Now the babies are crying to slow it all down. I don't want to spend the next year trying to catch up to where I was. Keep it fast for fricks sake. I truly deeply don't want to go play on Lightshope, but no way in hell am I waiting a year and a half to catch up to where I should be. Please don't screw over those of us who have forever remained loyal to Elysium. Any further I mean. 

I should probably add. Not one single person is going to quit because it's fast progression. They will suck it up and casually get to where they are going one way or another. Just because the server progresses at a certain pace, doesn't mean every single player will be at that pace. What's next, no one gets new content until everyone else catches up to said content? This is a ridiculous thread and should be properly ignored.

8 hours ago, Vomit said:

OK, because of this server, I lost all my progress from previous servers because everyone wanted "fresh", but fast progression. so no one showed up to play on Stratholme. Now the babies are crying to slow it all down. I don't want to spend the next year trying to catch up to where I was. Keep it fast for fricks sake. I truly deeply don't want to go play on Lightshope, but no way in hell am I waiting a year and a half to catch up to where I should be. Please don't screw over those of us who have forever remained loyal to Elysium. Any further I mean. 

I should probably add. Not one single person is going to quit because it's fast progression. They will suck it up and casually get to where they are going one way or another. Just because the server progresses at a certain pace, doesn't mean every single player will be at that pace. What's next, no one gets new content until everyone else catches up to said content? This is a ridiculous thread and should be properly ignored.

I have Sulfuras and Full PvP Gear on Lightshope, and as someone with >24 days played on just my main on Nighthaven i'm not one of the "casual players" you seem to hate so much either.  

Even under the best of conditions most people just can't get all the items they want from PvE, dropluck and having to compete with literally dozens of people in 40man raid settings just don't facilitate that even if you're in your factions #1 raiding guild. Having accelerated progressions drops your chances from slim to none to get everything.

Crying about "having to catch up to where i was" is something YOU will gonna have to suck up if you're playing Private Servers for any length of time. Project Closures / Mergers happen all the time. Either you learn to accept that and "have to catch up to where you were" from time to time, or you are just unfit to play Private Servers.

The only way you will not lose your Vanilla Progress ever again is if you stop playing Vanilla until "WoW Classic" releases.

11 hours ago, Vomit said:

This is retail levels of narcissism 

В 08.11.2017 в 09:25, orwell сказал:

Please make it Normal/Blizzlike progression.

Thirteen years have passed since the game was released.
All quests are learned. Tactics of dungeons and raids are also well known to everyone.
People no longer need so much time to leveling and boss trying.
I think that many can get bored if you increase the time between patches.

Also, many began to play here because of the promised TBC. The delay in the timing of the release of TBС can scare off these players.

5 hours ago, Unholyc said:

Thirteen years have passed since the game was released.
All quests are learned. Tactics of dungeons and raids are also well known to everyone.
People no longer need so much time to leveling and boss trying.
I think that many can get bored if you increase the time between patches.

Also, many began to play here because of the promised TBC. The delay in the timing of the release of TBС can scare off these players.

Knowing all Quests and Tactics doesn't help you with having enough IDs to get all the loot you want tho. 1 Year instead of 2 Year Progression only makes sense if the 7/5/3 Day Raid IDs get changed to 3/2/1 Day IDs. So you can actually get the gear to start with Full AQ/Naxx Gear into TBC.

15 hours ago, Optilasgar said:

I have Sulfuras and Full PvP Gear on Lightshope, and as someone with >24 days played on just my main on Nighthaven i'm not one of the "casual players" you seem to hate so much either.  

Even under the best of conditions most people just can't get all the items they want from PvE, dropluck and having to compete with literally dozens of people in 40man raid settings just don't facilitate that even if you're in your factions #1 raiding guild. Having accelerated progressions drops your chances from slim to none to get everything.

Crying about "having to catch up to where i was" is something YOU will gonna have to suck up if you're playing Private Servers for any length of time. Project Closures / Mergers happen all the time. Either you learn to accept that and "have to catch up to where you were" from time to time, or you are just unfit to play Private Servers.

The only way you will not lose your Vanilla Progress ever again is if you stop playing Vanilla until "WoW Classic" releases.

Progression will be there no matter what stage you are as a casual player. My post was kinda tongue-in-cheek. This topic just came to my attention because of the Elysium announcement that it was here. I have no problems with casual players, hell, I am one for the holiday season. But just because some people are in BWL, does not mean you can't still get there later.  Expecting to hold everyone's progress back to anyone else's seems ridiculous to me. The players who are ready to go forward as content releases would otherwise get bored and leave. Playing on the previous servers that were here, you surely saw a lot of people leave when they progressed to a point where there was no new content available. I saw a lot of people come and go because they got bored.

6 hours ago, Optilasgar said:

Knowing all Quests and Tactics doesn't help you with having enough IDs to get all the loot you want tho. 1 Year instead of 2 Year Progression only makes sense if the 7/5/3 Day Raid IDs get changed to 3/2/1 Day IDs. So you can actually get the gear to start with Full AQ/Naxx Gear into TBC.

You absolutely don't need full AQ/Naxx gear to move on in TBC. TBC blue gear at lvl 60 is comparable to most vanilla gear. Hell, if you just Start playing in TBC you get green gear available at lvl 58 thats better than a lot of MC gear. If you are just waiting for TBC, then what would you care about what gear you have when it starts? Knowing all the boss strats and content most definitely speeds things up. It sounds to me like all the people asking to slow things down aren't wanting to just experience the game, they are collectors wanting every possible item they can get to clutter up their banks, while the rest of us want to actually get to clear Naxx before Blizzard releases their "classic". Everyone shouldtake a deep breath and go look up the stats of how many millions of people never got to clear, little else even start retail's vanilla Naxx. Then check out what percentage of Elysium players on Anathema got to Naxx. Knowing the boss fights and mechanics absolutely speeds things way up. I'll also throw in that Millenials are largely better gamers than us OG Vanilla retail players, and really show up with their "A" game to raids.

12 hours ago, Garthim said:

This is retail levels of narcissism 

No, you crying to slow everyone down to your pace is "retail levels of narcissism". Thats why they dumbed retail down and simplified the game to the point it's a child's game.

Bottom line. no one is going to quit because content is released that they aren't ready for. it will be there when they get ready. People will quit because there is no progress to move them forward. So before you all jump the gun asking for slower progress, ask yourselves if what you really want isn't to chase off those who play at a faster pace then yourselves, and have the server to yourselves.

Imho, having a customizable XP rate of 2x over a 2 year, classic timeline, OR halved progression span entirely at 1x, is pretty much the same thing. It stinks of custom, fun crap any way you look at it.

It's true they did announce Nighthaven as a fast progressing realm, yet this change of route is clearly being evaluated in the prospect of appealing to more casual players (that is everyone who has a life/family/full time job, that is most old time Vanilla veterans). On top of that, Vanilla had a span of 2 years, and that is a major part of what makes a serious BLIZZLIKE Vanilla realm, to me at least. A realm that's advertised as blizzlike AND fast progression, is a contradiction. They are going to fix that now, hopefully. Sure, this change would turn away a few nolif... err, RMTers... err, "players" who already were BiS a week after launch. But it would also make others (many more in fact, according to me) join the fun, increasing the realm numbers. It perfectly makes sense, from both a strategical standpoint and in a long-term perspective.

+1 for slower (2-year) progression.

I feel it is too fast as well ... but adjustments can be made.

Raiding progression patches on current timeline is too fast for the bulk of the player base. Metrics show a crap ton of new players and serving the hardcore crowd will backfire. That said, I can see it only adjusted slightly slower (faster than standard) with KEY changes to content addition. Certain things like zone quest additions, pvp gear sets, Tier 0.5 questlines and a few other things WELL below T2 and AQ gear can easily enter the game earlier.

A very good example of this is the level 50 class quests. There is absolutely no reason why they need to be spread out over several patches. ALL classes should get them at once. It makes no sense for some to wait 2-3 patches later to get theirs ( I mean, Jebus Krist, Druids can have AQ sets by the time they get a level 50 blue!!). T0.5 sets earlier would help those specs lacking gear options even in raids and offer more competitive gear for the majority of the actual player base that metrics clearly prove do not raid regularity. Starting at 1.2 already helped greatly offering Wrath gear for casters. There would be no way I'd level my shaman as elemental without it. I could see T0.5 sets easily entering the game pre-AQ during that content drought.

This is an opportunity to improve upon the vanilla experience instead of continuously copying Blizzards mistakes of the past. Also, as other's have mentioned, Classic is likely not here for at least 2 years. This new server is benefiting the most of any private server from the hype of the Classic announcement. It's content should likely be tailored to fill this gap with TBC timed when Classic approaches (while Blizzard is still far away from TBC expansion).

On 12/19/2017 at 2:01 PM, Optilasgar said:

This.  Also it should be slow for Blizzlike.  Stop trying to compete with Classic servers.

Well put tamanous.  I couldn't agree more with what you said!  IMO vanilla servers should not be exact copies of the original blizzard game.  The game wasn't perfect and we have the opportunity to make the game actually better (and with the content you mentioned, actually make the game flow better with a better release time of said content).  

13 hours ago, Tamanous said:

I feel it is too fast as well ... but adjustments can be made.

Tamanous said this well. I think the total time is about right , maybe just a tad slower (like a week for each patch). Its the class quests and the T0.5 that should not wait around for it.

On 12/19/2017 at 8:31 PM, Vomit said:

No, you crying to slow everyone down to your pace is "retail levels of narcissism". Thats why they dumbed retail down and simplified the game to the point it's a child's game.

Bottom line. no one is going to quit because content is released that they aren't ready for. it will be there when they get ready. People will quit because there is no progress to move them forward. So before you all jump the gun asking for slower progress, ask yourselves if what you really want isn't to chase off those who play at a faster pace then yourselves, and have the server to yourselves.

Wanting a server claiming to be Blizzlike be Blizzlike is narcissism?  Do you know what narcissism means?

On ‎21‎-‎12‎-‎2017 at 2:26 PM, Garthim said:

This.  Also it should be slow for Blizzlike.  Stop trying to compete with Classic servers.

No, not that. U get a lot more ID's if we keep it blzzlike because u get to start a lot of bosses earlier because tactics are known. 

Hello,

I would also agree with a more blizzlike progressed vanilla server. I don't have the amount of free time that 5-10% of these hardcore players do. Its up to Elysium as to which crowd they want to please.