Sign in to follow this  
GoatDragon

Feral druid feeling very weak in 50s.

7 posts in this topic

All through the leveling process my character felt quite powerful, until I hit about lvl 54 and I hit a brick wall. I am 56 now and it has gotten worse. I used to be able to DPS down equal level mobs quite quickly in cant form, and tank 3-4 at once in bear w/ self heals. Now it takes me forever to kill one equal level mob, and sometimes I have to do it in bear form just to be able to withstand the significant damage a single mob does to me! My DPS meter shows my cat form single target DPS ranging from 90 to 130 depending on crits and misses. And my bear form DPS hovers around 60-70.

Here is a screenshot of my character screen, showing my stats.

Could the class experts in here shed some light on why my character is sucking so hard as of late? And if anyone could grace me with some tips on how to suck less, that would be greatly appreciated!

15 hours ago, GoatDragon said:

All through the leveling process my character felt quite powerful, until I hit about lvl 54 and I hit a brick wall. I am 56 now and it has gotten worse. I used to be able to DPS down equal level mobs quite quickly in cant form, and tank 3-4 at once in bear w/ self heals. Now it takes me forever to kill one equal level mob, and sometimes I have to do it in bear form just to be able to withstand the significant damage a single mob does to me! My DPS meter shows my cat form single target DPS ranging from 90 to 130 depending on crits and misses. And my bear form DPS hovers around 60-70.

Here is a screenshot of my character screen, showing my stats.

Could the class experts in here shed some light on why my character is sucking so hard as of late? And if anyone could grace me with some tips on how to suck less, that would be greatly appreciated!

It depends what mobs u killing.Never the less it seems like your agility seems very low.Cat form is built on agility and heart of the wild increase your str by 20%.You should have sta+agi on all sets of your gear in order to do good.If u have those 2 stats then u can look out for str followed by int.

Reason why i say this is agi gives dodge/crit chance as well as 1ap.Str just give 2ap per stat so u only add str if u want ap/dmg.If u want ap/dmg u are better off getting gear which gives raw +20 attack power etc.. like hoj then.Str has little value for all melee classes even warrior.U are better off with agility as primary with sta.

Even tho if u talent heart of the wild for 20% inc in sta/str/int , your agi should be the highest stat with sta.But atm it is the lowest so i suggest u to increase it XD.

2 hours ago, suhail1200 said:

It depends what mobs u killing.Never the less it seems like your agility seems very low.Cat form is built on agility and heart of the wild increase your str by 20%.You should have sta+agi on all sets of your gear in order to do good.If u have those 2 stats then u can look out for str followed by int.

Reason why i say this is agi gives dodge/crit chance as well as 1ap.Str just give 2ap per stat so u only add str if u want ap/dmg.If u want ap/dmg u are better off getting gear which gives raw +20 attack power etc.. like hoj then.Str has little value for all melee classes even warrior.U are better off with agility as primary with sta.

Even tho if u talent heart of the wild for 20% inc in sta/str/int , your agi should be the highest stat with sta.But atm it is the lowest so i suggest u to increase it XD.

I was operating under the assumption that strength was my primary stat for both cat and bear form, as it gives me 2 AP per 1 str. Agility only gives 1 point of AP per, and only in cat form. Sure, agility gives dodge and crit, but in very low quantities. My dodge is around 12% through several pieces of straight dodge chance gear I have found. And I can't remember what my exact crit chance is, but say 50 more points of agility would only raise it a few percent if I remember how the math worked out. And if I dropped strength gear to get it I would lose precious AP! 

Edited by GoatDragon

1 hour ago, GoatDragon said:

I was operating under the assumption that strength was my primary stat for both cat and bear form, as it gives me 2 AP per 1 str. Agility only gives 1 point of AP per, and only in cat form. Sure, agility gives dodge and crit, but in very low quantities. My dodge is around 12% through several pieces of straight dodge chance gear I have found. And I can't remember what my exact crit chance is, but say 50 more points of agility would only raise it a few percent if I remember how the math worked out. And if I dropped strength gear to get it I would lose precious AP! 

With str u just increase base damage nothing more , if u wanna increase base dmg it is better to go for items with +attack power.

In bear form in pvp or leveling u only use it for the dmg mitigation/feral charge and frenzy regen nothing more.The dmg in bear form gets better when u get pvp gear but on nightshaven we dont have that yet.

For agi its around 20 points per dodge and 60 for crit.Like the gnomergen quest which gives pants with +18 agi are nice.

In cat form u want as much crit as possible that is your primary concern due to blood frenzy talent.U only have 12% dodge because generally u will have 5% base dodge + 4% from talents+1% from racial=10% where agi didnt play a big part.

For example if u compare 5% crit chance to 10% it wont be a big difference in leveling.But if u compare 20% to 25% then that is big.U have 5% base crit chance+9% from talents+elemental sharp stone 2%+agi elixer(2%crit+25agi=just say 3%)=Around 19% crit chance , provided u dont have no crit gear or no agi.If u have a decent amount of agi+crit gear u can increase your crit chance and hit 25%+.If u hit this threshold then u will see alot of crits(2x dmg) which i like rather than a small base increase in dmg with hardly any crit.

Lolwut? Prevous autor said that str dont giving AP and 60 agi giving 1% crit or i misunderstud something? Where these numbers from? Str giving 2.4AP with feral talents, its really primary stat and agi should giving 1AP and 1/20 crit chance. If that not in game its a bug.

What about leveling at 50+, its hard for all classes, especially for physical damage dealers.

I powered through my mid 50s, and things got better around 58/59. I'm 60 now with decent gear and my character is more powerful than ever.

It's mostly a gear issue. I usually find my dps starts to pick up in mid 50's through 60 as you start to get pre-bis. If only concerned about dps and not so much HPs then stack as much offensive stats as possible. +Hit is a priority, 3-4 if only grinding mobs your own level is a massive increase. 4 I believe would suffice as I find I still miss the odd time at +3. 

Everyone will say to stack Str but using your bleeds when mob grinding is typically a dps loss. Pounce and bleed combos do offer a steady dps but once you get your crit up it won't come close to your big hit dps on average. You still open with Tiger's Fury+Ravage after 1-2 energy pulse returns prior and use claw (or Shred if you are good at using it solo ... bad server latency makes it easier to do, otherwise may not be worth trying) only to maximize TF (Rake doesn't benefit from TF and the point of using TF after some energy return is to basically get a free Claw's worth of damage). FB for finisher. You use Wolfshead helm to powershift if needed but often just between mob kills because FB drops your energy to 0. Rejuv can be slipped in then. If powershifting on solo fights (and face to face Shred isn't viable) I only use it the moment I tap energy to 0 on claw spam in order to FB and worst case, again to regain energy to claw again. Not something you want to do often as it forces you to sit and drink too often between innervate use.

Not using dots actually is the highest mob grind dps and this also means agility is your primary stat and not Str. This is mathematically proven in another thread but you don't have to worry much as the gear choices you have at these levels always mixes Str and Agility. Just means you get agility enchants instead of Str. Energy management is actually important but only requires getting a feel of maximizing ability use within the time it takes to kill a mob.

Before the server split I was using my feral to grind gold in Felwood by skinning bears. Around level 56-58 killing Angerclaw Maulers (they are only around level 50 so dps is inflated) I did around 400+ dps on average with spikes up to 1000 with some crits. I did not have any issues fighting mobs my own level either. Priority weapon is the quest mace from DM west at 60 and pre-Bis list gear. If you don't want to blow the coin for Devilsaur gear get gear with great stat bloat but find other options for +hit. Devilsaur is only needed to get to raid level +hit but not required for solo grind or dungeons. All this of course is based on the typical pure feral build.

As far as I know this server still let's feral's white damage benefit from using Weighstones and +damage weapon enchants so use them.