Vanilla's timeline was different, so more people were maxed out by the time the PvP patch came out, which was 6 months after launch, not 2 months like on Nighthaven. The average player is also smarter now, and exploits mechanics more than during Vanilla, making it easier for 2-3 players to take key points.

Let's not forget the population. Nighthaven has an unrealistic population(To Vanilla standards), so you're a lot more likely to have Mr.FlightPathCamper than on Vanilla, and just overall a lot more likely to run into someone who wants to kill you. 

All in all, I can't say the current state of the server is something I've ever experienced 15 years ago.

" That's how it was back in 2004 " Yep I remember playing patch 1.4 on with 1.12 client talents spells and 180g epic mounts man what a time to play wow...oh wait

Edited by furydeath

On 09.01.2018 at 5:21 AM, slimane said:

The usual "you're on a pvp server what do you expect?" Funny, people were doing just fine without attacking everybody else on sight before this weekend. This patch brought out the worst of this community. Also there Isn't a large choice of Vanilla servers with blizzlike progression to choose from. So you can't tell me "go on a pve server!"

Plus i'd be willing to bet you got a 60 before this weekend so of course you don't mind! I talked to everybody I grouped with while leveling this weekend and every single one of them told me they thought this was a disaster and will probly be taking a break for a month.

Wrong.

I have no 60.

No reason for me to rush myself to 60.

Im jsut taking my time pvping in the zones i have quests.

sometimes i end up pvping en entire night, witthout 1 quest being completed.

and i pvp against ppl same level as me maybe 2-3 levels higher   or lower , due to the zone. i kill i get killed but i go back and do it agian.

Wasn't that the fun of it all? That's how i remember it was 13-14 years ago.

Regards,

Bloodymarie.

On 15.1.2018 at 12:38 AM, Shenna said:

That's how it was back in 2004

1.4 came in 2005, lol!

plz stop with the "100% vanilla" BS and stop acting like that fucked up mount price switch didnt happen. vanilla my ass

Also, i like how your post is different now than from the quote of Pierdo. Either he added the "girls" part himself or you edited your post without it showing, GJ, can you get any more fishy?

On 16/01/2018 at 11:00 AM, Wrainz said:

Wrong.

I have no 60.

No reason for me to rush myself to 60.

Im jsut taking my time pvping in the zones i have quests.

sometimes i end up pvping en entire night, witthout 1 quest being completed.

and i pvp against ppl same level as me maybe 2-3 levels higher   or lower , due to the zone. i kill i get killed but i go back and do it agian.

Wasn't that the fun of it all? That's how i remember it was 13-14 years ago.

Regards,

Bloodymarie.

That's how this game is suppose to be played, but it's 2018 and people rush to 60 for endgame and epix

On 1/14/2018 at 5:38 PM, Shenna said:

That's how it was back in 2004 — Azeroth isn't really friendly and cozy, leveling is kinda hard without Questie and proper online Databases, the opposite faction doesn't like your red nickname and yes, sometimes NPCs get killed and you have to wait or figure out something else to do.

Patch 1.5 is releasing in February, not much time left tho.

As someone who played beta and all the way up until Wrath, I can attest and say you are wrong and it was not this bad.

What we have here, is a large player base consisting of mostly players who know how to play vanilla and how to abuse the new system that was just implemented, so now every one who isnt 60 or has 10 friends to come support them, is getting farmed repeatedly.

I mean, sure, I'm going to do it once I hit 60 too-- it's broken and stupid, but hey the only way to get honor. I've had to switch zones about 4 times in the past hour, WPL was a joke, so I go to winterspring, also a joke, getting murdered and followed for literally hours. 

It was not this bad in 2004 because people were still learning the game and not really fully aware of how honor works, etc. Now it's just being utterly farmed.

This was a bad call, I know you're trying to preserve integrity-- but honor and BG's should have been released as one. 

Nonetheless, I'll be shitting on some alliance lowbies in about 2 levels. :)

Yea I am having to quit too, I feel bad for all the players who are spending their time logging onto a private vanilla server to spend their time ganking

The sad reality is--whether you agree with how PvP is progressing or not, the server has drastically changed since the patch. We're under 2k people at night in america, Beem, Zave, Froggy, and others spend 24/7 camping Menethil, killing FPs, etc. It takes an annoyingly long time to get any instance groups up. you have guys camping the entrance to DM, MC, BRD almost constantly and for sustained periods of time.

So yah, if the devs and other people saying "ohh yes this is the way pvp should be", well I wonder what you'll think when there isn't enough people around to support this server. The progression of 1.4 to 1.5 is brutal and unless something drastically changes with battlegrounds in 1.5, I don't see major guilds staying alive supporting this server much longer.

Ended up grinding in silithus on spiders and worms since *every* other zone is basically unplayable if you're trying to level.

Some assclown found me and has been camping me for about an hour. Pretty cool. Shout-out to the bored Night Elf druid Bluemartian for being that bored for camping a lowly level 57 in Silithus.. ugh.

The only zone that isn't being camped by factions and I still get camped, lol.

Man. This is not vanilla. This is chaos. Just my opinion..

I think the key is to level with a friend. I am doing this and we are pretty much safe for questing. We do pvp and we do get killed, but most of the time it is ok ! Do not forget the social part of the game.

Leveling is horrible right now, im 52 atm, and wherever i go (50+) you get ganked, doing dungeons is bad aswell since it takes people hours to actually get somewhere since all fp's and docks are camped. My last guild fell apart cuz of it, people stopped logging in. 

The only solution i found, is to do the same, i make a group and go hunt hordes!

It would be best to just release the next patch and let bg farming begin.

There is certainly a loss of people playing right now.  You see it when you /who during your play times and notice a drastic decrease in the amount of players as well as how much harder it has got to find a group for the end game dungeons.  Hopefully the release of BG's will help get the population back up in 2 weeks.

22 hours ago, seeth07 said:

There is certainly a loss of people playing right now.  You see it when you /who during your play times and notice a drastic decrease in the amount of players as well as how much harder it has got to find a group for the end game dungeons.  Hopefully the release of BG's will help get the population back up in 2 weeks.

I doubt it. I think they lost a large chunk of players to a pure "WTF is this shit" moment.

It's bad. Some zones are literally unplayable. WPL, for example, is constantly farmed by large groups.

The gap is huge between 2 months of gear and new players, and we're just being farmed.

Vanilla was not like this. There were pvp battles, there were moments that towns were under siege. Not entirely unplayable zones.

Bad design by the development team here, albeit it's free and they can do whatever they wanna do-- but damn. Dropped the ball there... along with those epic mounts that nobody wants to talk about. lol :)

On 1/16/2018 at 11:02 AM, drecksbug said:

1.4 came in 2005, lol!

plz stop with the "100% vanilla" BS and stop acting like that fucked up mount price switch didnt happen. vanilla my ass

Also, i like how your post is different now than from the quote of Pierdo. Either he added the "girls" part himself or you edited your post without it showing, GJ, can you get any more fishy?

Hah, I didn't even notice the change. I can assure you I didn't edit the quote. 

13 hours ago, Lerxst said:

I doubt it. I think they lost a large chunk of players to a pure "WTF is this shit" moment.

It's bad. Some zones are literally unplayable. WPL, for example, is constantly farmed by large groups.

The gap is huge between 2 months of gear and new players, and we're just being farmed.

Vanilla was not like this. There were pvp battles, there were moments that towns were under siege. Not entirely unplayable zones.

Bad design by the development team here, albeit it's free and they can do whatever they wanna do-- but damn. Dropped the ball there... along with those epic mounts that nobody wants to talk about. lol :)

I'll agree with the idea that the dev team dropped the ball here. That being said, they seem strangely obstinate about admitting that this might have been a mistake along with the mount price. Like, I'd understand a "Yep, we screwed the pooch here". But they're just like, "THIS IS HOW VANILLA WAS!" and any player who played vanilla having the knowledge that this is false.  

That being said. They do a good job of providing stable servers which is appreciated. I don't want it to sound like the handwork they put in maintaining this game is unappreciated. 

Edited by Pierdo

Just wanted to give my 2 cents.

This is not a vanilla experience, at least in the 2004-2006 aspect.  It's a great recreation overall but the honor system with no bg's is broken.  In 2004-2006, the game wasn't "solved", there were no BiS lists.  Most people still went for dungeon sets before raids.  Now, the best gear, best specs, and fastest way to acquire them is pretty much figured out, which includes honor.

As far as wpvp goes, it really sucks.  I don't see why people should be consistently rewarded for zerging people that have no chance to fight back.  The server population at 60 is clearly imbalanced and it's being abused to farm honor.  If it was more even perhaps it wouldn't be so bad but that is not the case.  I'm okay with wpvp raids slowing me down every once in a while and I can handle losing a fair fight but right now every major transportation hub and high population areas are farmed and unless you're able to get enough people to help you kill them (which isn't going to happen cause everyone has other things they need to do) you're screwed.

You can't just give up on the world...of warcraft!
I have a solution you guys; Those guys can kill us so easy, because they're super high level, right?
But if we were super high level too...

"Yeah but we can't get to higher levels, because those dudes don't let us finish quests", I hear you say.

That's why we need to just log in and stay in the forest, killing boars. 
There's lot of computer generated boars in world of warcraft, that die on just one blow.

Oh you say: "Dude, boars are just 2 xp each piece; Do you know how many we'd have to kill to get up 30 levels?!"

Yes...650,340,285. Which should take us 7 weeks, 5 days, 13 hours and 20 minutes, giving ourselfs 3 hours a night to sleep. 
What do you say guys?

You can just hang out in the sun all day, tossing a ball around...or you can sit down on your computers and do something that matters!

Muuuuum! Bathroooom!

Edited by Cozzraiz

On 1/19/2018 at 5:06 PM, seeth07 said:

I really can't see why it would be a lot harder to find endgame groups as the main complaint is that unless you are level 60 it's unplayable. Imo (at least on horde) it's a shortage on tanks even tho the latest chart I've seen said there's 26% warriors on this server... 'muh fury!!11' much... Maybe we should just tell warriors that strictly don't want to tank to fck off form groups of 5 fury warriors if it's so great.

That being said out of the 9 friends of us only 3 remain and made it to lv 60. The others couldn't take it and called it quits until Blizzard servers come up. The mount issue didn't make it better.

Personally I enjoy the server so far.. The corpse camping is a bit intense at times tho and definitely wasn't that bad back in the day... Shit is being abused hard. Yes, that's abuse of poor game design and not immense skill..

Edited by Jasha