Sign in to follow this  
drecksbug

Lets Talk About 180g for Epic Mount!

59 posts in this topic

As many of you alrdy know, with the price switch for mounts/riding skill a lot of player who were lvl60 pre patch 1.4 were able to buy their epic mount for just 180g and ive got some questions.

1) Why did you switch the prices with 1.4 and not 1.12.1?(like it would be if u wanna be "blizzlike")

2) Why would you give players who are alrdy at an advantage (lvl60 early) another HUGE advantage by giving them the epic mount for almost free?

3) Can i expect to have to farm 1000g bc i wasnt fast enough lvl60? and can players that are lvl60 for some time and bought their epic mount for the full price expect to have wasted 820g?

4) what exactly was the thought process of these changes?

Patch notest 1.4

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Patch_1.4.0

Patch notes 1.12.1

http://vanilla-wow.wikia.com/wiki/Patch_1.12.1

Edited by drecksbug
added links

Major disappointment.

Finally having enough gold to buy your epic mount is always a major topic and nostalgic element when people think about the Vanilla experience, and is a testament to how brutal things could get in Vanilla. Nothing was given to you.

But alas, this completely voided this entire premise. What a joke.

I would really like a developer or community manager's input on this, along with if anything will be done to solve this issue, or if it's simply a matter of "Whoops we messed up, so let's move on."

I'm sure all the current level 60s are gleeful at getting a cheap fast mount, but personally as a level 56 when the patch hit, it was very disappointing to hear of this exploit. Now every level 60 I encounter in world PvP has a 100% mount to chase me down. I have decided to stop playing on this project as a result and not finish my leveling journey, as this change has left a very sour taste in my mouth.

Epic mounts are cheap in retail WoW and you can still get ganked, it's part of PVP WoW servers everywhere. I'm looking forward to cheaper epic mounts, personally.

8 minutes ago, Booksie said:

Epic mounts are cheap in retail WoW and you can still get ganked, it's part of PVP WoW servers everywhere. I'm looking forward to cheaper epic mounts, personally.

This is not retail, nor should it resemble anything close to retail.

Really bad troll post, or what?

1 hour ago, Booksie said:

Well this isn't retail, so that's irrelevant.

And who cares about cheaper mounts. The issue isn't cheaper mounts, it's the riding skill going from ~150-200g pre 1.4 to ~900g post 1.4. It's too early for this change. It should not have been implemented until much later, when the vast majority of the playerbase has already purchased their epic riding. Instead of having most of the playerbase on an even playing field for the majority of the realm's life, they basically gave a huge bonus to a tiny percentage, and screwed everyone else over.

20 minutes ago, Jupes85 said:

they basically gave a huge bonus to a tiny percentage, and screwed everyone else over.

exactly

Could it be because its more "vanilla" given how many people can reach 60 quickly, as in retail vanilla about the same player % was likely about 60 when they initially did the price swap. Sorry you didnt hit 60, but its not really a small %, seems like if they hadnt done it youd have a horde riding around on white raptors (BTW most of those people paid the full price for pure vanity so WTF is ur deal?) :)

Edited by D1E53L

2 minutes ago, D1E53L said:

Could it be because its more "vanilla" given how many people can reach 60 quickly, as in retail vanilla about the same player % was likely about 60 when they initially did the price swap.

what are you talking about? the swap came with 1.12.1, EVERYONE was lvl60 and had their epic mount alrdy. and if more players got it for 180g its even worse.

5 minutes ago, D1E53L said:

(BTW those people paid the full price for pure vanity so WTF is ur deal?) :)

who are you even talking about? what is your argument?

10 minutes ago, D1E53L said:

Could it be because its more "vanilla" given how many people can reach 60 quickly, as in retail vanilla about the same player % was likely about 60 when they initially did the price swap. Sorry you didnt hit 60, but its not really a small %, seems like if they hadnt done it youd have a horde riding around on white raptors (BTW most of those people paid the full price for pure vanity so WTF is ur deal?) :)

You're just throwing numbers out. While I agree that people level up quicker now than they did during Vanilla, I would definitely argue that on most vanilla servers, by September 2006(which is when the mount change was added) a higher percentage of the playerbase was level 60 than on Nighthaven right now.

Most people paid full price ? Cmon man. Look around. A week or two ago barely anyone had their epic riding mount. Now you don't see any level 60 without it.

Simply saying plenty of people got their ivory raptor for the full cost of what you are going to pay. Also it sounds like a gripe fest from people who couldnt manage to get 60 in 2 months -_- 

16 minutes ago, Jupes85 said:

I would definitely argue that on most vanilla servers, by September 2006(which is when the mount change was added) a higher percentage of the playerbase was level 60 than on Nighthaven right now.

ofc there were more 60s on classic servers, there isnt even the need to argue.

patch 1.12.1 release 26 September 2006 and Burning Crusade came out 15. January 2007

that switch came in preperation of BC, to claim it has anything to do with being more "vanilla" is a joke.

Legit tho all i hear is "Im so mad this old game on a free private server ignored all my casual player concerns" so

5 minutes ago, D1E53L said:

Simply saying plenty of people got their ivory raptor for the full cost of what you are going to pay. Also it sounds like a gripe fest from people who couldnt manage to get 60 in 2 months -_- 

So there you have it. People got rewarded for hitting 60 faster than others.

Is that really the premise of Elysium ? Hit 60 fast so you can get bonuses ?

I know you think your reply is cute, but you pretty much stated exactly what the problem with this change is.

I think you ignore the fact they cant expect big boosts to the player base. its going to stagnate faster than retail. And in a way what im saying is the point of Elysium is recreate an enjoyable experience, but you cant please all the plebs.

Legit tho all i hear is "Im so mad this old game on a free private server ignored all my casual player concerns" so

That's all you hear because you're an ignorant individual. You couldn't care less about the grand scheme of things. The authenticity of an experience. Not everyone jumps from projects to projects leveling to 60. 

dude, be happy with your 180g epic mount and feel good about yourself, but dont come here and act like this is fair, or was in any way necessary. Or please explan to me how this helped the server or anyone in any way (except the ones who got a free epic mount).

Not everyone is prepared to wait for the scrubs to hit 60 for the QOL adds :D - some players at 60 want to do world pvp for the months they cant BG . Understand that as casual players you casually get fucked sometimes.

Edited by D1E53L

Just now, drecksbug said:

dude, be happy with your 180g epic mount and feel good about yourself, but dont come here and act like this is fair, or was in any way necessary. Or please explan to me how this helped the server or anyone in any way (except the ones who got a free epic mount).

not even level 60, simply cant stand the whining about this and that all over the place

1 minute ago, D1E53L said:

not even level 60, simply cant stand the whining about this and that all over the place

ok, troll

I think you ignore the fact they cant expect big boosts to the player base. its going to stagnate faster than retail. And in a way what im saying is the point of Elysium is recreate an enjoyable experience, but you cant please all the plebs.

Allowing people to buy mounts at a major rebate will stagnate the realm seeing as you removed the need to farm. So it seems super counter intuitive. Sure, the rest of us will have to do it the hard way, but feeling sour the entire time.

Not everyone is prepared to wait for the scrubs to hit 60 for the QOL adds :D

Right.

Just now, drecksbug said:

ok, troll

Said the big boy mad about not being 60 =D

1 minute ago, D1E53L said:

Said the big boy mad about not being 60 =D

That doesn't make him a troll. It just makes him mad. But I understand that you're not exactly intellectually gifted.

2 minutes ago, Jupes85 said:

Allowing people to buy mounts at a major rebate will stagnate the realm seeing as you removed the need to farm. So it seems super counter intuitive. Sure, the rest of us will have to do it the hard way, but feeling sour the entire time.

Get that your sour, but a whole thread demanding devs to explain themselves? they really dont owe anyone shit.

Just now, Jupes85 said:

That doesn't make him a troll. It just makes him mad. But I understand that you're not exactly intellectually gifted.

Using your mass intellect to prepare arguments for "Why I should get my mount for 200g" - Sounds like a real MENSA member over there too