Sign in to follow this  
Btfl

Definition of safespotting

Hey guys, Skraa here :D

I just pvp'ed in Tanaris and got teleported to GM Island, where the rat told me that I'm gonna recieve a 1day ban due to the reason "safespotting".

I'm playing this game for a very long time and never got a ban on any other server for this. The problem is, that I don't even know where I safespotted, since the GM just banned me, without even responding to my question, where I've allegedly safespotted.

There was a lvl 56 nelf hunter (r6) who obviously isn't used to "lose", who logged on horde and flamed me that he has screenshotted me and that I'm gonna get banned. You all know the spot on the foundation of the Church or at the Tree behind Alliance's flight master.

Second spots I sometimes use are in Tanaris behind the broken vehicular or on the stairs down. Both are on the ground and can be very well pathed by the guards.

So I'm wondering is LoS guards or avoiding their aggro range = safespotting?

I mean I know so many spots, like on the top of the buildings or other stuff, where guards can't reach you, cuz there is no path implemented. But I never make use of them, since THAT would be "safespotting" in my eyes.

One day ban is not a big problem for me, but it's the matter of principle, there are so many bots running around, people multiboxing, people actually do REAL safespotting and I get banned for something legal without even providing the evidence of my ToS violation.

Or is it true, that GMs favour the Alliance? (according from /world and what I heard)?

In regards, Skraa

I just found this:

" c ). Safespotting

Safespotting is prohibited under all circumstances. This is the act of engaging in PvP combat while exploiting a position that cannot be reached with basic jumping (no wall-climbing), or engaging enemy players while being in an advantageous position where guards cannot reach you due to pathing, line of sight, or any other game mechanic.

"

explains it by itself.

unban plx

"So I'm wondering is LoS guards or avoiding their aggro range = safespotting?"

Safespotting is prohibited under all circumstances. This is the act of engaging in PvP combat while exploiting a position that cannot be reached with basic jumping (no wall-climbing), or engaging enemy players while being in an advantageous position where guards cannot reach you due to pathing, line of sight, or any other game mechanic.

There's your answer. Feel free to report any bots/multiboxers/safespotters etc. with solid proof and they will be banned as well. Rules must be followed. Best of luck, Skraa. :)

Hmm I was pretty sure, that the spots I'm, using don't belong in this category. I will provide screenshots with the spots and then I'd like a yes/no to each spot, if that is possible pls :)

Cuz if so, the hunter's feign death and trap should be banable too :P (guard's shouldn't be fooled by FD)

Yeah I know which spots you are talking about, and I don't understand how you can even be in doubt if they are considered safespotting or not. It's clearly unintended to engage in pvp at these spots, anyone who tries to fight you back will instantly get aggroed by guards, potentially losing much more than a walk back to his corpse. Real dick move this safespotting and I'm honestly surprised it's only a 1-day ban.

Where can i report lvling bots?

Luring Hunter
Lus Warlock
Broodiend Paladin
Cousciona Warlock
Nudeloria Druid
Chickthere Warlock
Fantasyncey Paladin
Hearfox Warlock
Dierdrah Paladin
Judelas Paladin

All of them  in the east of Ravenhill in Duskwood

Safespotting: 
What it is: Smart use of terrain mechanics and/or displacement itens with a ranged character to win an edge over another player

Is there any way to deal with it?: Yes. Get away, as the player can't follow you without leaving the safe spot

Is it honorable? No, but nothing in Wpvp is. Every gank is about advantage in levels, caughting someone with less hp, or while he is dealing with another mob, or grouping with other players to do a 3x1, 4x1, etc.

It was allowed in retail? Yes, with no restrictions

It is allowed on elysium? No

Corpse camping lowbies:
What it is: Use level advantage to oneshot players, not being hit by them, and mount advantage to keep chasing them down, with the only purpose of griefing them. Basically, a jerk that disturb other players for nothing (killing greys don't give honor)

Is there any way to deal with it? No. The best you can do is wait until someone can help you, or logout for a few minutes and hope that the ganker goes away, and that you can quest for a long time until you face another one.

Is it honorable? Even safespot has a way around it. But who kill lowbies are the worst scum of this game.

It was allowed in retail? No!! One ticket, and if the GM saw that the player wanted only to disturb another players, he'd intervene. It is clear grief when someone just don't want to allow another player to play the game.

It is allowed in Elysium? Yes. For some fucking reason, getting three level 60, keep patroling around a neutral quest mob on desolace, corpse camping players that are 30 levels below for 40 minutes straight, is a valid playstyle, and it is part of the game.

I seriously don't get it...