Sign in to follow this  
gummibaum

TBC without flying

100% would not work, not to mention there's no loss of quality in gameplay from being able to fly in outlands. There would be tons off inaccessible places 

Not tons, just a few points. good idea to prolong lifetime of the exciting tbc gameplay

Edited by Tolik-2

The intent of the project is to stay as true to blizzard mechanics as possible. Which will mean flying.

Wouldn't be able to do Tempest Keep or dungeons leading up to "The Eye".  Since we wouldn't be able to do the TK dungeons (Arcatraz specifically), we wouldn't be able to finish the attunement for Karazhan.  Since we wouldn't be able to do "The Eye" we wouldn't be able to kill Al'ar for the Black Temple attunement quest.  We also wouldn't be able to do Doom Lord Kazzak (outdoor raid boss).  Not to mention we wouldn't be able to gain reputation with certain factions (like the Netherwing faction).  Plus, flying was required in order to get some of the areas for the daily quests (for reputation and gold).  

All in all, a terribad idea (so bad that it's both terrible and bad together). 

I have to say something, sorry for grammar. The problem is flying is little by little killing gameplay process, and execpt raids, all world is becumes dead for 70s players. Online is fade and TBC realms are dying, this is ever. In contrast of vanilla, where we always have a live game world. Of course known some unexecible points, its not only Eye, there are

-Kil'Jaden Throne

-Skettis(Terokkar)

-Throne of the elements(Nagrand)

-Ogrila and some notrh location in Blade edge mounts

-Tempest Keep and one of islands in Netherstorm

-Netherwing Edge

But what to do it, how to realize - this are another questions. Perform technically it can be teleport NPC at the ground base near the Tempest keep, or it can be allowed flying in just specific areas where need to accsess, or another solutions. main question is are elysium stuff ready to improve gameplay bypassing blizzlike to provide long fun existence of tbc realms

I just do not understand what it is about flying that ruins the game for you? How does an essential function and staple of the expansion kill the game?

Just now, Mario Aguilar said:

I just do not understand what it is about flying that ruins the game for you? How does an essential function and staple of the expansion kill the game?

I think you understand how it , or maybe you didnt play for a long time in vanilla or bc realms to compare...Flying is essential function of procecing world and blizzlike, when you always have next expansion and next fun expirience. But what to do when game progress cupped for many yerars, then flying is simplification, which ruin. And using grounds, this is more difficult, but you have constant pvp-pve trials and contact with game world, and this ultimately allows to keep realm. that why i called this "live world".

Edited by Tolik-2

I played starting in TBC and i find no problems with flight. I do not see your point. You are not properly expressing it. I am sorry but i do not understand you. I dont say that trying to be rude.

I have to say that TBC was one of the greatest expansions, and really well build on the concept of Flying as well. (Wherein other expansions failed to do so) Keeping in mind that you could also only fly in Outland and not exploit it out of that world ruining world pvp for lower levels.

All with all, as the expansion was well build around this concept, you could not do it without the flying aspect, as it would eliminate important mechanics that you need to progress in the game.

him don't like queue  for pvp that's his problem....  fly don't affect  the game, world pvp it's cancer.

On 2/13/2018 at 11:31 AM, gummibaum said:

What do you think of the idea of eliminating flightmounts in TBC?

*daze daze daze dismount*

...it was worth staying off the ground in Hellfire, even with slow flight.
Those sneaky fel reavers just weren't worth the repair bill.