Sign in to follow this  
Alextrinityz

Dualspecc for TBC

Hi there! After playing on various tbc servers I'm so super hyped for the elysium TBC.

After much discussion I've decided to form a post discussing dualspecc and tbc. 

I agree that a server like this should be mostly blizzlike. But one of the many features added by various servers over the years stuck with me, and I think it would be amazing to bring to Elysium. 

Pros.

Will further encourage dungeon farming or other styles of gameplay rather than what you aim your main character to do. 

Will help those who, like me, choose to roll tank or healer, farm materials or gold, or dabble in other styles of gameplay. 

Cons

Not blizzlike. Purists will go ballistic about it. 

How? 

In my opinion it should be bought via elyslum coins on the website to further strengthen the economic side of the server. A price of 200 coins sounds reasonable to me. Or alternatively should cost 1000g like it did when it came out in WOTLK.

Then a system be put in place either inside or outside the game to swap talents, much like Warmane had on their TBC server. 

Please make this thread go hot and post your thoughts! Do you agree or disagree? 

Regards, Trinityz 

Edited by Alextrinityz

personally I really look forward / hope that the GMs will allow this feature, It would help a lot  smaller guilds to fill up slots like healer / dps or dps / tank slots.

Even though the above mentioned idea was rejected once stating "blizzlike",  I dont think this will hurt either the economy or the palyers at all.

cheers

Edited by asaph

so by reducing the need for healers and tanks and also making it eazyer for a healer or tank to replace a dps  you Will further encourage dungeon farming or lock out of dungeon groups more ppl  ?

i understand the need of ppl to have a seperate <PVP> spec on their characters and that is very eazy to do by doing 10daily quest every day or farming a few prima somethings like we all did in retail further contibuting to servers economy.

also about small guilds a good advice is to stop being elitists and recruit more ppl and help them get preraid biss .

59 minutes ago, Paparia said:

so by reducing the need for healers and tanks and also making it eazyer for a healer or tank to replace a dps  you Will further encourage dungeon farming or lock out of dungeon groups more ppl  ?

i understand the need of ppl to have a seperate <PVP> spec on their characters and that is very eazy to do by doing 10daily quest every day or farming a few prima somethings like we all did in retail further contibuting to servers economy.

also about small guilds a good advice is to stop being elitists and recruit more ppl and help them get preraid biss .

no it is the other way round if you ever played longer on private servers. you are often seeking healers / tanks for certain stuff. sometimes it would just help if one dps could spec to heal or tank!

Which is a very familiiar issue through a lot of servers.

the guild thing: yeah you got the point the Server has 10k active playing ppl, please be realistic…

No final decision has been made on this issue. Like I said in another similar thread, typically we error on the side of blizzlike but not always.