Sign in to follow this  
Croberts5651

cant find the launcher anymore?

sooo i havnt played in a couple months on my laptop...went to go log in and when i went to the elysium file all have in there is the following folders... Data, Errors, Interface, Logs, WDB, WTF  everything else that was in there...the launcher and the other files are gone. i figured what the hell, and just tried to re-download the files from here and neither the elysium or the nostalrius links are working. Anyone know whats up here? or does anyone have a working download link??

Google up a 1.12.1 client, any client will do. Doesn't have to say Nost or Elysium. You can also use your favorite torrent/download sites.

There are links in our beginners guide in my signature, but I assume those are the ones you already tried and didn't work.

Also you are not looking for the launcher, you only need WoW.exe so if that is one of the files left in that folder. The launcher doesn't work for private servers.

I ended up just downloading another private server client (which shall remain nameless) and then proceeded to edit the relmlist.wtf file with notepad to be set to the one on the homepage:

"

The next step is to go into the new wow folder and locate a file called "realmlist.wtf" - it might only show up as "realmlist", that's fine. Right-click on it and select "Open with" and once Windows asks you what program to use, locate Notepad and use that. Remove everything that is in there and copy & paste the following:

set realmlist logon.elysium-project.org

Save and close Notepad.

Finally, right-click on the file "wow.exe" and select "send to desktop". This will create a shortcut on your desktop that launches World of Warcraft. You should not use the launcher as that is useless with private servers.

Congratulations, your client is ready to go!"

source: https://elysium-project.org/howtoplay/en