Sign in to follow this  
beerg00gles

Can't play on BC server with MacOS

I'm having all kinds of client issues and have tried 4 different client downloads. I log in and get all kinds of graphic issues, invisible walls, stuck on terrain, many resolutions result in 3/4th the screen being black. Windowed mode can't be resized and is useless. 

I've tried the client with the mac fix and I've also tried pre-built wine clients as well as rolling my own client with wine bottler.

Even more odd is I can log in to another BC server and it works completely fine. (except the windowed mode issue)

I'm 100% windows-free home (and office) now so mac is all I have and no, won't dual-boot windows on my mac.

Edited by beerg00gles

On 8/20/2019 at 2:47 PM, Zancon said:

what about dual booting linux? seems you tried everything else. Could also try something like Crossover if your version of MacOS supports it.

https://www.codeweavers.com/products/crossover-mac

The reason I have a mac is because I run numerous VM's for work, am constantly working and ALT-TABBING, working on code, kicking off tests, hence any form of dual-boot is out of the question. I accepted this reality when I completely switched to Mac. Honestly there hasn't been any games in well over 5 years that I want to play anyways so whether mac is supported or not is a non-issue

I'm not quite sure the client is not working right now, I was on the BC test realm several weeks back and it was working fine.

Classic is 10 days away anyways.

Edited by beerg00gles

Have you tried updating your video card drivers or using wine-staging?  I can confirm it works on Ubuntu 19.01 with latest nvidia drivers and wine-staging.