Sign in to follow this  
Mesh

Hardware & Finance

elysium_hardware_finance.jpg

Dear community,

During the past week, you may have experienced some lag issues which were due to our hardware’s workload being too heavy, for it to handle. In order to resolve this issue, we decided to host Elysium on more powerful and faster hardware. With this increase in hardware performance, also comes an increase on hardware cost per month.

Back on Valkyrie, we had a shop to help ends meet. Starting with Elysium, it was important for us to not engage on this path as we are a project of passion, not a business. We do not wish to make any profit off of Elysium, we simply wish to provide a smooth experience for players to recreate their memories of this incredible game.

With the upgrade, the monthly upkeep of Elysium is now at $230 (USD). We covered the fee for the next month, but in the long run we will not be able to sustain the increased price. Therefore we ask you, the community, to help keep Elysium running in the future if you are willing to continue this adventure with us.

If you want to help the server, you can find the button to donate in your account control panel on our website. Rest assured that the funds are only going towards hardware expenses, and nothing else.

On the topic of switching hardware, this update will take place this Sunday morning (2016/09/25) and will last 3 hours. During this time, the server will be unavailable to play as we reinstall the core and migrate the databases.

We would also like to thank d`- from the public discord who donated $50 (USD) to let us afford the SSL certificate for the bugtracker. The order has been made and we will receive it in the following days! Once again, thank you a lot d`-!

The Elysium Staff

As someone mentioned on discord, laying out specifics for the $230 upkeep, such as the specs of the hardware is a way of reassuring people that their money is going in the right place. Nostalrius did this when they asked for donations, and it worked. 

Можно ли помочь серверу не через ПэйПал?

Страница в вконтакте официально относится к серверу (там есть ссылка на форму для перевода через яндекс или банковской картой )?

Можно ли помочь серверу не через ПэйПал?

Страница в вконтакте официально относится к серверу (там есть ссылка на форму для перевода через яндекс или банковской картой )?

Спасибо за желание помогать. Можно через Яндекс.Деньги. :)

The dedication of the dev team to improving the game are for me the biggest incentive.  I do agree transparency on the costs would be a positive thing.

Long live Elysium!

Well, I am pretty sure this Sunday will cost Elysium a lot of population. Most people don't visit the website and they don't know about the new realmlist. They will think the server is down and leave. And the players who know about the new realmlist experience server crashes every 20 minutes. I am afraid we will not see a four-digit population number again after this for quite a while :(

It is sad because you guys do so much right in terms of raw develoment but all the updates and honor-resets at peak times are ridiculous :(

Edited by Summer

And I, in turn, would advise you to look in more detail at https://neo-fin.com/loan-origination-software/. On this site you can read about no-code loan origination software that allows financial institutions to optimize their lending operations. In my opinion, this approach greatly simplifies the payment and support process.

Edited by Oodysis