Sign in to follow this  
centurychilds

Disengage

Hi all..

can anyone share with me what exactly Disengage does? because according to the description...Character exit combat..but when i used it..it doesn't make me exit combat..or is it bugged?

Hello. Disengage in vanilla is notoriously difficult to use and rather ineffective.

First, you need to be inside 5 yards from a mob, so basically in melee range.

Second, the mob needs to have at least one other creature in its aggro list.

Third, the Disengage "spell" is a physical attack ability that can be blocked, dodged and parried, and it can just miss as well.

So using it is a decent method of letting your pet overtake you on the aggro list of a mob but it will not get you out of combat the way Feign Death can. It can save you in an instance if you steal aggro and FD is on cooldown - wait for the mob to get at melee range, hit the Disengage button and hope for the best.

Pottu makes it sound more complicated than it is. It's basically a copy of Feint from Rogues, which you've little reason to use because Feign Death costs less mana at 60, has a CD of only 30s, and reduces you to 0 (on top of dropping combat entirely). Disengage is literally a spell you shouldn't bother training, unless you like looking at it in your books.