Sign in to follow this  
killerduki

Killerduki's Protection/Retribution High End Raiding Gear,Abilities and Talents

Just got to ask as no one brought it up, in your Retribution build you included Redoubt. If you're running 2H as Ret, what's the point in Redoubt? I know you need 5 points spent to get to Precision, but wouldn't Improved Devotion Aura be better than Redoubt?

9 hours ago, grishnakah said:

Just got to ask as no one brought it up, in your Retribution build you included Redoubt. If you're running 2H as Ret, what's the point in Redoubt? I know you need 5 points spent to get to Precision, but wouldn't Improved Devotion Aura be better than Redoubt?

You already use Sanctity Aura and Redoubt is good for AoE parts like Suppression Room and AQ40 Event where you can use Force Reactive Disk and spam AoE ;) (for me is whatever).

/Kind regards Killerduki

Edited by killerduki

20 hours ago, grishnakah said:

Also someone else can still give you there Improved Devotion Aura if they have it, while they can't give you Redoubt Procs.

Hey,

so I just read this and I really like it. Shares my opinion and its well written. One thing that took my attention is the hit chance. I have different information on that, so please tell me if I am wrong or missing something and proof it.

The human racial, +5 weapon skill to swords and maces actually is like 3% hit. U need 9% against raid bosses, with the racial u only need 6% and with pally precision talent only 3%, which u need to get via equip. This makes a human superior for any dps/prot specc. This goes back to the hit calculation as I found it in some sources.

Equation for hit chance for a difference between defense - weapon skill > 10 is the following:

Miss = 7% + (Defense Skill (315) - Weapon Skill (300) - 10) * 0.4% = 9%   for 300 weapon skill against raid bosses.

As soon as the difference between defense and weapon skill changes to less or equal to 10 the equation changes to, to the following:

Miss = 5% + (Defense Skill (315) - Weapon Skill (305)) * 0.1% = 6% for 305 weapon skill against raid bosses.

So basically, 5 weapon skill are a huge increase! Everything afterwards only counts as 0.1%. And getting this as a racial... WTF! 

Source: http://vanilla-wow.wikia.com/wiki/Hit

Feel free to correct me.

Edited by Heeroh

@Heeroh what you posted is wrong link to begin with , the Website is working bad since there is no actual or proper evidence , neither date written is legit .

http://vanilla-wow.wikia.com/wiki/Hit?action=history

There you can see yourself.

Back to HiT Rating

Here is full explanation how it work :

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Combat?oldid=340297

Revision as of 21:38, November 24, 2006

Some Basic DPS Math

Assume 2x1H weapons with x DPS each

Assume 1x2H weapon with y DPS

Warriors without dual-wield specialization:

1.5x * (1 - 0.24) = 1.14x

Warriors with dual-wield Specialization:

1.625x * (1 - 0.24) = 1.235x

2H weapon or 1H weapon + shield:

y * (1 - 0.05) = 0.95y

We know from these equations, then that:

1. Non dual wield warriors have their DPS increased by 20% when wielding two weapons with the same DPS. (1.14/0.95=1.2)

2. Dual wield warriors have their DPS increased by 30% when wielding two weapons with the same DPS. (1.235/0.95=1.3)

3. Two-handed or One-handed+shield warriors have their DPS reduced by 5%, unless modified by talents and +hit gear.

Since it is already proven how much Hit Rating you need for level 60 at 300 Weapon Skill. (5%)

Here is how "Weapon Skill" work:

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Weapon_skill?oldid=325997

Revision as of 00:14, November 15, 2006

All these crit caps can be increased by increasing your +skill (.16% increase per point from the front, .08% from the back) and by +hit (1% increase per point).

This gives us evidence , that "factual" Hit Cap is 16% for 2hander , where 8% Hit Cap is only if you hit targets from "Behind".

For Special Abilities it is again 8% Miss which can be only reduced via Hit Rating.

We go to conclusion that if you are already Hit Cap (8%) then Weapon Skill won't affect your "Miss Rate" , unless you attack targets from the front.

What Weapon skill also do reduce which is not mention much ?

Parry/Dodge/Block.

This is the reason why you need Weapon skill , with less Parry/Dodge you have more chance for Crit as exchange and Normal Damage.

Don't do that unless you have reach the "Crit Cap" without Weapon Skill , otherwise it will be still wasted Gear since you mostly rely on Special Abilities like Seal and Judgement of Command which are unaffected by Weapon Skill.

/Kind regards KIllerduki

Duki, Geofram here. I would like to propose a change to your bis tank weapon. The End of Dreams has the same amount of spelldmg that Wraith Blade has, but none of the spell hit or spell crit we really don’t need, plus it has 7 mp5, as well as 8 more STA and 10 more INT than Wraith Blade. Plus, it’s a mace, so the only people who will roll against us are Boomkins, spriests, and ferals who want the atk power mod that’s also on it. Mages and Locks, however, won’t. My GM clued me in on this when I asked to be allowed to roll on Wraith Blade.

Edited by TheFishyOne

Awesome thread, Killerduki.

But for some reason I cant click on the link for your prot talent build.  Any chance you could make a link to the spec you run on the wowhead vanilla talent tree or something?  Really interested so see what you take.

Thanks.

Edited by Sandwina