Sign in to follow this  
killerduki

Killerduki's Protection/Retribution High End Raiding Gear,Abilities and Talents

Ah, that's good then, saves messing around with different weapon again.

How does the actual threat scaling of RF and Holy Shields threat bonus fair on here from what you have seen so far? would you say it's pretty blizzlike? Last server I tried to play on seemed to have RF'S bonus threat from talents bugged and not apply correctly, same for shield?

Ah, that's good then, saves messing around with different weapon again.

How does the actual threat scaling of RF and Holy Shields threat bonus fair on here from what you have seen so far? would you say it's pretty blizzlike? Last server I tried to play on seemed to have RF'S bonus threat from talents bugged and not apply correctly, same for shield?

It's working Blizzlike here , tested.

2 Kind of Weapons are good if you are offtanking target that will die later/last .

For normal Pulls and Maintanking you use Spell damage weapon all the time, for OffTanking targets that will not be attacked after some time , you can use Tanking Weapon.

/Kind regards Killerduki

Edited by killerduki

Does Righteous fury only work for "damaging holy attacks" on this server? Any added threat for healing?

Has any one tested Paladin Kite tanking with Pursuit of Justice and Swift Thistle pots? I used to do this during TBC with a lot of trash. I Know having a further judgement distance in TBC helped with this. Or do hunters do all of the kiting in Vanilla?

Edited by Drehar

Righteous Fury is only for Damaging Holy Attacks here and it is working properly.

About Kiting, well get frost mage or warrior with piercing howl or hunter with trap :) you won't need pursuit of justice ;)

/Kind regards Killerduki

Yup! That is pretty much the exact role I'm looking to fill in raids with my paladin. The "Hey make it so we don't have to deal with this stuff" Build.

Probably going with a garbage talent spec something like this.
http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#sE0ubZVhthxzZV0x0b
To Heal, Tank, Support buff, and Kite

And speaking of kiting does Baron Ravendar's 2h Sword stack with Pursuit of justice on this Core?

19 hours ago, Drehar said:

Yup! That is pretty much the exact role I'm looking to fill in raids with my paladin. The "Hey make it so we don't have to deal with this stuff" Build.

Probably going with a garbage talent spec something like this.
http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#sE0ubZVhthxzZV0x0b
To Heal, Tank, Support buff, and Kite

And speaking of kiting does Baron Ravendar's 2h Sword stack with Pursuit of justice on this Core?

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#sE0ubxsxVhtI0z

Fixed it for you.

On 12/30/2016 at 9:01 AM, mrcer said:

My guild has asked me to go Blessing of Sanc and willing to have a BiS offtank set + FR set.

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#sEhubxoxxbxhxz

I'm only required to buff Blessing of Sanc, thoughts?

As a pally off-tank you don't need to reach def cap.  Who cares if a weak mob crits you, especially in an AoE situation, you'll take less damage on your next 5 blocks by far.  Hell even when single target tanking, if the mob hits for less than 1.2k auto you can eat a crit on purpose and take less damage overall.  You need shield specialization as a pally-tank your strength should lie in your AoE tanking, which means you should also be striving to take less damage while AoE tanking.

Will allow you to be a great healer / dispeller / and AoE tank with more than enough tanking stats to tank any trash in raids and plenty of the bosses.

1 hour ago, Undertanker said:

As a pally off-tank you don't need to reach def cap.  Who cares if a weak mob crits you, especially in an AoE situation, you'll take less damage on your next 5 blocks by far.  Hell even when single target tanking, if the mob hits for less than 1.2k auto you can eat a crit on purpose and take less damage overall.  You need shield specialization as a pally-tank your strength should lie in your AoE tanking, which means you should also be striving to take less damage while AoE tanking.

Will allow you to be a great healer / dispeller / and AoE tank with more than enough tanking stats to tank any trash in raids and plenty of the bosses.

Could not agree more with this, especially for offtanking trash/adds.

Another spec I would look at If you find yourself struggling for aggro (for some strange reason) or feel you are taking a bit too much damage but want to some of the healing power and to also bring utility then this spec would help out with that, gives you the Holy Shield cooldown for more mitigation/AoE threat & DPS, a faster cooldown on BoP which could save DPS or Healer's lives for your raid, also the imp Concentration aura will be loved by your raid if you have another paladin that can put up Retri for you, spec also allows you to keep Kings which then free's up talents for your other holy paladins.

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#sVxuoxZVGtI0umo

There are many different styles in which you can change the spec around, personally just find what works for you and go with it :).

killerduki

Good guide!

Good protopal- a rare thing in vanilla.

I made some videos in my last server (This is Ellysium today).

@Sauronn glad to see some other Paladins Tanking.

p.s When you judge of light you should use seal of righteousness , free aggro for low mana and also "double heals" because Seal of Righteousness will cause extra procs.

Also i see the server you are in have bug : Elementals should never Block .

And you are not using Righteous Fury when you was tanking Majordommo at 1st Video lol :)

2nd Video you are missing Blessing of Sanctuary for Gehennas for extra threats and less dmg taken (it is better than Might) , about elixirs you should use Greater Arcane Elixir for more threats instead the Moongoose.

For Sulfuron you are wasting too much mana worthless , never spam the spells and let the mana regenerate .

Instead use Max Ranks and let the Mp5 regen during Idle , also since it is last kill target you don't have to judge or consecration. Use Holy Shield only and SoR for aggro and survive (you already have shit load of threats as seen on ktm) don't waste mana pointless.

p.s You should use Spell Damage Weapon , it  help lot so you don't have to waste that much mana for threats , you will just JoTC and SoR (smoke cigarets and drink coffee).

I am glad that you Tank <3 .

Good job dude , hope you don't get my criticism wrong , it is helpful to improve even more than that.

/Kind regards Killerduki

Только что, killerduki сказал:

p.s You should use Spell Damage Weapon , it  help lot so you don't have to waste that much mana for threats , you will just JoTC and SoR (smoke cigarets and drink coffee).

I am glad that you Tank <3 .

Good job dude , hope you don't get my criticism wrong , it is helpful to improve even more than that.

Right words

I made this video 4 years ago, and i take Azursong later.

Good thing for 5ppl? I want test it soon.

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=13375

Hey guys :)
So I play WoW since vanilla (with some breaks) and decided to play a Paladin on Elysium. Despite that I remember people saying that retri or prot pala isn't viable for Pve I decided to play one of those, retribution probably.

My question is - are racials important enough to choose either Human or Dwarf in the terms of PvE? I've chosen Dwarf, just because I don't like humans look before model change in WoD, and like Dwarfs. However their racial is something more useful for Protection and I read Retri guide somwhere to pick human, because 5 more skill in swords/maces are doing job during PvE. However, it's really hard for me to believe (that the difference is worth looking at race that I don't like as much as the other one).

Well the 5 wep skill means you need 1% less hit from gear, which I think is significant enough that I'd never play dwarf if I knew I was gonna play retri.

Well, I'm only level 10, but have limited time to play. Gonna start Human then.
What about Prot? Is Dwarf more viable to play prot the same way human is more viable to play Ret, or Human can easily play every spec?
Thanks for answers :)

9 minutes ago, Revaniter said:

Well, I'm only level 10, but have limited time to play. Gonna start Human then.
What about Prot? Is Dwarf more viable to play prot the same way human is more viable to play Ret, or Human can easily play every spec?
Thanks for answers :)

As Human you do more threats.

As Dwarf you survive better.

p.s at some point when you get good Gear surviving is not an issue , threats will always be an issue.

/Kind regards Killerduki

14 hours ago, killerduki said:

As Human you do more threats.

As Dwarf you survive better.

p.s at some point when you get good Gear surviving is not an issue , threats will always be an issue.

/Kind regards Killerduki

Rerolled to human, thanks for the advice.
I looked up to another topic that you created about Retri/Prot pala in raids. If I can I want to ask a few more questions that still bother me:

1) How would you recommend to convince my guildmates about Retri or Prot being viable in endgame PvE? Most of them just say "waste of slot" and that's it. Still, I want to believe that situation may change once reaching endgame and showing them my dedication to the cause  ^ ^
2) I read that you couldn't edit your post so that's why retri guide is shorter. Could you tell me what rotations or abilites and combinations are crucial for achieving best possible DPS?

3) Also, I read about endgame gear, but what is the best way to gear up after reaching level 60? Should I look for specific items? Question is about both retri and prot, as I still haven't decided which one to go.

4) Spellpower. This is still not clear enough for me. I read that some abilites are scalling with spellpower. Should I bother only when tanking or as retri as well?

Thanks for your assistance. It's nice that I'm not alone in playing non-holy Paladin and that there is someone who actually does it very well.

6 minutes ago, Revaniter said:

Rerolled to human, thanks for the advice.
I looked up to another topic that you created about Retri/Prot pala in raids. If I can I want to ask a few more questions that still bother me:

1) How would you recommend to convince my guildmates about Retri or Prot being viable in endgame PvE? Most of them just say "waste of slot" and that's it. Still, I want to believe that situation may change once reaching endgame and showing them my dedication to the cause  ^ ^
2) I read that you couldn't edit your post so that's why retri guide is shorter. Could you tell me what rotations or abilites and combinations are crucial for achieving best possible DPS?

3) Also, I read about endgame gear, but what is the best way to gear up after reaching level 60? Should I look for specific items? Question is about both retri and prot, as I still haven't decided which one to go.

4) Spellpower. This is still not clear enough for me. I read that some abilites are scalling with spellpower. Should I bother only when tanking or as retri as well?

Thanks for your assistance. It's nice that I'm not alone in playing non-holy Paladin and that there is someone who actually does it very well.

Hello Revaniter , i am glad that you ask very good questions , otherwise some1 have to make Guide about that (prot wise).

Here are the answers of your questions :

1- You cannot convince people who have chosen not to believe or accept retri or prot.

(the only way to change this is if i success to get the people i am still recruiting in guild and start progressing further, many videos will pop up in youtube from me doing it perfect way and to prove all this "non viable" wrong with pure evidence).

2- I have mention the rotation in Theloras Guide (you can see down there killerduki way), but i will repeat again :

Seal and Judgement of Command max ranks priority  , Consecration last thing and only when your mana is more than 50%.

This will lead to many procs form Trinkets/Vengeance/Weapon etc etc and will gain constantly 15% extra dps.

Thanks to Sanctity Aura and Spell Damage consumes/gear , your Judgement of Command max rank will do lot more dps than Consecration at single target for lesser mana.

3- You can see that under Theloras Guide , killerduki talent tree and Gear , there is short tips from me written (was lazy to write the Guide so i requested Theloras to update this at his Topic as an option).

Regarding Protection only spell damage weapon is for aggro important , anything else you can check atlasloot for defense gear (you can also inspect my realmplayer for best in slot pre raid gear at level 60).

On my Youtube Channel Killerduki there is Video where i present the Gear you ask that with Mana Regen Guide .

4- Spell Power is good for both Retri  and Protection specs,  all our abilities scale well with that and it is (happy) fixed in this server (only server with working paladin abilities).

So i can tell you to research around already written Guides for the gear , because problem with Retribution Paladins is how to Gear to be honest.  (many can't understand the way we are).

Int+Agi and Spell Power are kind of the Gear we aiming for , Str is low dps for us while Spell Power gives more dps. (Retribution sets after 1.9 patch gives us both str and sp in combination which increase lot dps).

Current patch unfortunately does not match with our talents written at 1.12, so our best in slot gear so far is from PVP right now :s

/Kind regards Killerduki

Thanks for the answer KillerDuki! I will level my Paladin, which will take me around 1 month I guess with my playtime, and see what comes next.

Okay. 1st, sorry for double post, but I want to bump the topic.
I have another questions, and I believe that Killerduki or Theloras are good persons to answer :)

I read a lot about protection Paladin in the past few days. Some people say that Pala is good as offtank, not main tank. I know Killerduki that you said that Paladin can tank literally everything in the game. As I'm not familiar with Vanilla encounters (was more back in 2005/2006), I have another questions:

1) I read that certain bosses cannot be tanked by Paladin, because encounters require taunt to work. I guess that it's something to do with removing threat from Boss or something. Cannot list those bosses however, as I don't remember which ones are those. I believe Killerduki that you do, so can you explain me how to maintank those bosses?

2) I read that Paladin cannot tank Ragnaros. Is that true?

3) What about Tier sets? Heard that there are only for Holy and Retribution.

4) Heard that another reason to do not choose tankadin is taking debuff slot for seal in order to generate a lot of threat (SotC perhaps?). What about it?

5) Is Engi mandatory for tanking? I mean, pulling by using grenades etc. I've chosen Herb and Alch, because I will need A LOT of consumables to pull my plans off.

As I planned to try Retri, right now I'm much more interested in playing Tankadin in dungeons and raids if possible.

Edited by Revaniter

11 hours ago, Revaniter said:

Okay. 1st, sorry for double post, but I want to bump the topic.
I have another questions, and I believe that Killerduki or Theloras are good persons to answer :)

I read a lot about protection Paladin in the past few days. Some people say that Pala is good as offtank, not main tank. I know Killerduki that you said that Paladin can tank literally everything in the game. As I'm not familiar with Vanilla encounters (was more back in 2005/2006), I have another questions:

1) I read that certain bosses cannot be tanked by Paladin, because encounters require taunt to work. I guess that it's something to do with removing threat from Boss or something. Cannot list those bosses however, as I don't remember which ones are those. I believe Killerduki that you do, so can you explain me how to maintank those bosses?

2) I read that Paladin cannot tank Ragnaros. Is that true?

3) What about Tier sets? Heard that there are only for Holy and Retribution.

4) Heard that another reason to do not choose tankadin is taking debuff slot for seal in order to generate a lot of threat (SotC perhaps?). What about it?

5) Is Engi mandatory for tanking? I mean, pulling by using grenades etc. I've chosen Herb and Alch, because I will need A LOT of consumables to pull my plans off.

As I planned to try Retri, right now I'm much more interested in playing Tankadin in dungeons and raids if possible.

Hello m8 , thanks for asking such lovely questions , i will try to give some short answers :

1- All Bossess can be tank with Paladin Tank , those who require "Taunt" have special Ability (depend on boss) which using specific strategy will allow you to "Taunt".

(Example 3 dragons in BWL , they are using special ability "Wing Buffet" that wipe all threats by 50% each 30 seconds , here your task is to Maintank the Boss and when the timer come to 15 Seconds, Warrior will come to you , taunt the Boss and he will soak the "Wing Buffet" ability that kills his threats. By killing the Warrior threats the boss will switch back to the next threat target which will be you again since you didn't eat the "Wing Buffet") .

That how you remain Maintanking the Boss that require "Taunt" by having the Warrior soak the Ability and you remain Tanking the Boss.

There are some Bugs within the server (such as Spider Boss) in ZG where Boss doesn't switch to nonweb targets once the Ranges get the web and unfortunately the bugs making this Boss for us unable to Tank .

2- Not true at all , Ragnaros basically wipe all threats when someone move away from him 20+ Yards , each knockback the Tank should go to Boss 1st and start build up threats , so basically the only ones who should be careful are melee by moving away from boss when Knockback happen and to not run before Tank go to Boss (that's the basic Ragnaros tactic).

If Warriors can Tank this Boss without Taunt , Paladins will do it even easier 10 times than Warriors since we do lot more threats on 1 target and we can stack up multiple Judgement of the Crusader ranks.

You can see how even Hunter Pets are able to Tank boss after the Knockbacks (without Taunt) and how easy it is.

3- Simple as cake , you are using Offset Tanking items , check Atlasloot around Dungeons/Raids and Enjoy ;)  Weapon you should worry to have with Spell Damage , everything else Tanking gear Def Cap>Stamina>Block Value>Parry .

4- Debuff slots limits was invented by today "Hardcore" kids and Guilds that want to "Improve the limits" of world record speedkill , but this has nothing with reality and is just illusion.  I understand that many people mentality is like this , but hey Paladin Ret/Prot are always denied with "Excuses" that does not make any sense at all. (get 5 Retri Paladins and try to 5x Judgement of the Crusader , if Retri Paladins are good Gear then  they will crush all records in DPS regardless what min/max kids say today about that) "irony".

5- Optional but it helps lot.

- Enjoy whatever you want to play , but as Retri/Prot you will be always doom to denial since lot Streamers around and Preachers around talking stuffs that has nothing with our Class - .

/Kind regards Killerduki