Wayleran

"AutoMate" : Vanilla Quality of Life AddOn by Wayleran

Hi, I've been writing this simple AddOn over the last few years while I played on vanilla servers. It's simple. I just wanted some very basic functions that were not in the game by default but also didn't want to totally revamp the UI. So I created "AutoMate".

It automates or improves upon certain simple functions in WoW.

For instance, it includes:

AutoDuelDecline, AutoNameplates, AutoHidePlayerFrame, AutoRepair, AutoSellJunk, AutoSkipGossip,
ChatClean, ChatScroll, Improved RightClick Functions, Movable Loot Window, RangeColor,
Target HP Percentage, and more...

P. S. - You may need to disable features like Hide Player Frame and the Target HP Percentage if you use custom UnitFrames like Luna, etc...

Here's a pic of the options menu and minimap button
YBIsTZh.jpg

Read tooltips in options to learn hidden tricks or ways to override, etc...
doIeafz.jpg

In addition here's a pic of the AddOn Manager which is intergrated into AutoMate!
17lnhnn.jpg
Edited by Wayleran
Updated

Please I encourage you to throw it up on github! I have a small manager being developed that will watch and update addons that are on GitHub.

Please I encourage you to throw it up on github! I have a small manager being developed that will watch and update addons that are on GitHub.

I can't stress this enough. The more addons use github the better. It also lets the community contribute and track development much easier.

Really nice addon!

Edited by Aero

How does it differ from LazyPig?

Let's have a look at the pictures.

It has a bunch of options for managing your chat. It seperates easy right click into different options to costumize. There's Range Color, equip compare and an error filter. 

I'm not sure what Unit Frames does, but I'm pretty sure LP does nothing with unit frames so that's another one. On top of that there's the build in Addon Organizer to toggle your addons via an in-game menu.

Then there's a bunch of things that LP does that this doesn't seem to have (yet) such as: Auto-bg join, auto-bg leave, an automatic roll function, automatic salvation remover, automatic group invites, instant ress accept, easy split stacks, auto-summon accepts, and the extended camera distance.

Edited by euron

I've updated the AddOn and put certain features into their own AddOns for simplicity. Check them out.

I've also improved the AutoNameplates and now they hide the nameplates well when out of combat and no target is present. The feature is also disabled while in a party or raid.

AddOn Manager and ErrorFilter are now their OWN individual addons.

Hi. I love this addon and good work. 

Question - Is there a way to white list certain junk items to make them not be sold to vendor? 

On 1/29/2017 at 11:25 AM, Wayleran said:

I've updated the AddOn and put certain features into their own AddOns for simplicity. Check them out.

I've also improved the AutoNameplates and now they hide the nameplates well when out of combat and no target is present. The feature is also disabled while in a party or raid.

AddOn Manager and ErrorFilter are now their OWN individual addons.

Mate you're awesome.

We are so like-minded we would be friends IRL. I'll ask some questions.

1- %70 of the users have voted for the old Aux looks: http://www.strawpoll.me/12192409/r

I asked Shirsig to go back to old GUI but he refused, although he said it's ok if someone else does it.

The only thing old GUI lacks is AH Scanning and tooltip information.

Can you add those functionalities? If you do this, I promise a 10$ donation.

2- What have you changed in Cartographer? I couldn't notice any. Could you also remove the white texts on the upper left corner which shows hints like "Right click to zoom out" ?

3- What have you changed with EQL3?

4-(Edit) New automate puts a blank player unitframe (standard blizzard unitframe) to upper left corner of the screen even though I'm using luna unit frames. Can u check this?

5-(Edit) EquipCompare doesn't work with TinyTip (with tooltip on the cursor setting)

Edited by orwell

Well thanks orwell.

I really didn't change much in those other addons except removed some bugs and lua errors I saw occur and cleaned up the cartographer a little bit to my preferences.

As far as the AutoMate UnitFrames issue, yeah I'd recommend to you install MoveAnything (should have it for a lot of reasons) and just use the HIDE function for the default UnitFrames. Also disable the Auto Hide Player Frame and Target Frame HP options in AutoMate.

If EquipCompare is not working I'd suggest just googling the original one and using that instead of mine. Mine is a much smaller/simpler code to just add in the SHIFT compare function ALA retail TBC+.

I wouldn't want to modify Aux because it's being actively worked on by Shirsig, who is awesome btw and plus that may honestly be more work than I'd like to devote to it. I just deal with the old Aux and it suits me fine. I'm not a big fan of AH tooltip mods anyways.

Thanks bud. Take care.

Edited by Wayleran

Am I being retarded for not seeing any link to your recent work wayleran ? I still use your old 2015 version from nostalrius forum and I figured you did some improving since, you also mentioned error filter on standalone ?? NEED asap! 

Awesome work anyway, the error filter is gold because unlike the hideError script it doesn't remove the quest tracking thingy "you have looted 1/10 bananas"

I have DL'd this & extracted to what I believe is the appropriate location (C:\Games\WoW\World of Warcraft 1.12\Interface\AddOns), but nothing happens. I don't see any new UI stuff IG & there is no AddOns tab on Main Menu.

If anyone can help, or provide a link so that I can educate myself, I would really appreciate it!!!

***I got Gatherer working & I now have the Automate AddOns button at the bottom of Main Menu, but still no MiniMap button.

Edited by noChance
Dumb

Really love Automate, best auto/lazy/self whatever addon. Unfortunately I can't solve the Player-Unitframe-problem, although auto-fade and target-hp is off. Does anyone have another fix without turning them off completly with MoveAnything ?

AutoUnit.jpg

Guys everything seems to work for me except the auto dismount. It's not functioning like it used to...Help pls?

Really like this addon, however with it and Bagnon on at the same time, your bags don't open automatically. Disable either and everythings fine. I'm going to have a snoop round the lua, but anything you can think off that may be intercepting the command to open them?

Don't know if you're still about Wayleran, but it would be great if you could help.

I found a weird behavior with this addon and Postal, if Mail Box is unchecked under the "Right Click" category it breaks the mass mail functionality of Postal. 

On 3/29/2017 at 10:29 PM, Nihlo said:

Really love Automate, best auto/lazy/self whatever addon. Unfortunately I can't solve the Player-Unitframe-problem, although auto-fade and target-hp is off. Does anyone have another fix without turning them off completly with MoveAnything ?

AutoUnit.jpg

On 5/1/2017 at 11:09 AM, FYNE said:

i have the same problem

Bank frame won't open with this for some reason, also my target frame shows an extra "100%" value on the far right part of the health bar, even though i already have them with Modui. I dig it though so far, just needs some tweaking