Sign in to follow this  
Bigerma

How far behind will I be?

I'm looking to start a new character on the PVE server. I have limited play time so I won't be able to grind to 60 very quickly. I know the PVE server is still pretty new overall, but will I be able to catch up and get some raiding in as a casual player starting a new character? I'm not sure how quickly guilds and the server progress through the raid content on Vanilla servers. I am hoping to be able to play at my own pace and eventually still have people to raid with when I hit 60. Should I play PVE (which is what I prefer) or start on the fresh server when that is available?

With the new order of server launches there will be plenty of players in a similar boat. You will also have plenty of time to catch up. There is a fair chance that there will actually be more new players joining the server than there will be old players that came back.

Edited by Athena

No matter how far a server is progressed you can always catch up. We had on PVP server somebody level 7 apply when we had BWL on farm status. Before server closed, he was second best geared fury in our guild.

If you keep concerning yourself with catchup catchup catchup, you will not slow down to enjoy your own adventure. The gear will come, even as a casual raider.

No matter what, play at your own pace.  it's a game-have fun.  You'll find a place for yourself, don't worry none my friend.

This was worrying me a bit as well - would prefer to play on the PvE server, but there doesn't seem to be much recruitment Horde-side (especially when you narrow it down to EU English-speaking). Will be starting fresh so needing to catch up, and really don't want to miss out on the raids.

With the new order of server launches there will be plenty of players in a similar boat. You will also have plenty of time to catch up. There is a fair chance that there will actually be more new players joining the server than there will be old players that came back.

That's good to know. I'm hoping to see a lot of active people doing some lower level dungeons to level up. 

No matter how far a server is progressed you can always catch up. We had on PVP server somebody level 7 apply when we had BWL on farm status. Before server closed, he was second best geared fury in our guild.

If you keep concerning yourself with catchup catchup catchup, you will not slow down to enjoy your own adventure. The gear will come, even as a casual raider.

Playing catch up, catchup, catch up is what I'm wanting to avoid. I want to enjoy leveling and meeting people, but I also want to be able to raid when I do hit max level. From what the other responses have been, I think I'll be just fine. I appreciate everyone's reassuring responses. 

BWL was about 5 weeks away when the servers where shut down.

I think due to the new circumstances, it may now take even longer until BWL will be released on the PVE.

I wouldn't worry about it.

@Feathers: The forums aren't that well frequented right now. I am 100% sure that if you just join the server and start leveling you will come across a lot of EU guilds that are recruiting.

Yes.

We were right in a transition phase, in which you could buy both. I am not really sure, but I think the unarmored were planned to be purchasable for like 2 more weeks or something like that.

PvE server has an amazingly friendly community btw, you won't regret rolling here, whether it's alliance or horde.

We even have the legendary waxface for our amusement.

i strongly recommend you to just wait for pvp fresh server. there won't be any level 60 with pre-raid bis. if you're afraid of getting ganked keep in mind that everyone will be leveling, so you will be able to spam dungeons even as dps

Edited by vanillalord

i strongly recommend you to just wait for pvp fresh server. there won't be any level 60 with pre-raid bis. if you're afraid of getting ganked keep in mind that everyone will be leveling, so you will be able to spam dungeons even as dps

But these people want to start on the PvE server.. What other folks have said is correct. Community was good and there were also plenty of EU guilds or guilds with a strong EU presence. You have plenty of time to catch up, if anything it's ideal with DM/AV released.

That's good to know. I'm hoping to see a lot of active people doing some lower level dungeons to level up. 

Playing catch up, catchup, catch up is what I'm wanting to avoid. I want to enjoy leveling and meeting people, but I also want to be able to raid when I do hit max level. From what the other responses have been, I think I'll be just fine. I appreciate everyone's reassuring responses. 

Well, if you really want to avoid playing catch up, then obviously the fresh realm is your best bet. The PvE one might not be a bad middle point though, not to mention it releases earlier.

You do have to be very active in your search for a guild, however, depending on your class as well. There's still plenty of 60s who want to raid now, and perhaps aren't that willing to wait for level 1 players to level to 60. Not to mention all the new players you will be competing with for said raid spots.

That said, if you prefer pve realms in general, there's not a whole lot of choice. I don't think it will be a bad choice regardless.

Depends on how dedicated you are. If you are a casual player, you will probably ding 60 a month+ after ragnaros was killed the first time. Obviously you will get to farm MC for a long time before BWL comes out still, but the "catching up" game with the people who are ahead, will be pretty much as long as it would be on the old server where you can lvl up faster (less people) and make gold far easier (higher inflation every week with more and more gold from mobs/raids flowing into the economy), faster consumables, enchants, mount.

Gear is never a problem, you get it faster than you can enchant it if you only aim for that, if not then you can join a guild that is only in MC, there were guilds in all progress states.

And every content is current content btw. All guilds will clear everything weekly, pugs will clear everything weekly.

The upside of playing on the new server would be that you can for exemple be part of a completely new guild that has just been formed where nobody holds a certain rank, you can make gold by playing with the market if you know vanilla content and patches rather good and obviously, if you are a dedicated player, you can get ahead right at the start.

Edited by Aslan