Sign in to follow this  
Moonknight

Maximum Stealth Level

Hey guys. Is there a maximum stealth level?

I ask because with a Night Elf's Shadowmeld, 5 points in a rogue's Master of Deception (or 5 points in a druid's Feral Instinct), plus bonus stealth from boots, you can stack quite a lot of bonus stealth level.

Would stacking that much stealth reach any kind of cap?

Thank you!

Hello

Asking for the same question (the answer seem to have disapear).

What is the max stealth level you can get ? How ?

Is there a cap where any more point is useless ?

So far, i only found the LW boots, the elf racial, and the classes skills who give a bonus. But i'm pretty sure i saw other items with +stealth, while i was leveling - too bad i can't remember them.

Later on in the expansions stealthlevels are like +1 , +2 ,+3 etc.. but in vanilla it's like +10,+20,+30 etc...

Their is a chart somewhere on the net which gives each ability stealth number.All I know is paranoia wl buff gives +30 or +40 stealth level.Their is also a engi hat?Which gives a good amount of stealth increase.

Vanish is the biggest stealth level of +300 I think?Perception is around +100?

That's why using perception u could see rogues and druid due to them having lower than +100 stealth number but can't see vanish rogues because +300 is very high and I don't think u can even reach +300 to see them in vanish.

Maximum stealth detection possible is +138. This would be a Human Hunter using Detect Hidden (+30) and Perception (+50) while grouped with a Warlock using a Felhunter for the Paranoia (+30) party buff and equipping Catseye Ultra Goggles (+18) and using a Catseye Elixir (+10). Rogues can get +6 stealth detection from 2/2 Heightened Senses and Druids can get +10 stealth detection from PvP gloves. There's also a +10 stealth detection Bloodvine Lens, which is inferior to Catseye Goggles, but at least the lens packs +2% crit (the goggles do absolutely nothing except stealth detection). I believe those are all the sources of stealth detection in vanilla.

Rank 1 Vanish gives +170 stealth. Rank 2 Vanish gives +270 stealth. It's simply impossible to spot a vanished rogue, although you could AoE or flare them out of stealth or have them debuffed with faerie fire or a DoT or Hunter's Mark or use an AI-controlled minion summon (trinket summon, book of the dead, exploding sheep, or unusual weapon proc) to attack them out of stealth, since they will happily chase after stealthed rogues without caring about stealth. Phantom Blade and Dazzling Longsword also have a faerie fire debuff proc, although any DoT proc should work fine too (against dwarves you may want to avoid the poison/bleed procs). Vanish's superstealth only lasts 10 seconds, but that's usually enough for whatever you wanted to accomplish.

Night Elf gets +5 stealth. 5/5 talent (Master of Deception for Rogues, Feral Instinct for Druids) gives +15 stealth. Boots of Displacement (Naxx drop) or Darkmantle Boots (Rogue only, T0.5 dungeon set) give +8 stealth. Whisperwalk Boots and Nightscape Boots add +5 stealth. The total maximum you can obtain is +28 stealth rating. I believe those are all the sources of +stealth in vanilla. Most players are content with +15 stealth or +13 maybe stealth if you're a Night Elf using boots. Saves talent points, and with that much stealth skill, even if they have +30 stealth detection, I don't think you can get spotted if you're sneaking up from behind, and you need to be very close in front of them before they can spot you from the front. It's better to circle around and sneak up from behind anyway, and if you're already invisible, there's no point in pouring resources into even more stealth. If they have Catseye Goggles or Elixir, the extra stealth skill can make a difference, but that's a rarity. It's also not really worth going out of your way specifically for Humans blowing Perception since the racial bonus is very large and it's rarely activated, and the most you can get as Horde is +23 stealth vs +50 detection so I have my doubts whether the extra 8 is going to make a difference there. The main purpose of +stealth gear and racials is by and large to let you save talent points on MoD or FI.

Usually the best PvP race for Alliance Rogues is not Night Elves but Dwarves by the way, since Stoneform removes all diseases, poisons, and bleeds in addition to being immune and getting +10% for another 8 seconds. It even breaks out of Blind like a PvP trinket. That racial helps a lot against Rogues, Hunters, Warriors, and Undead Priests. After Dwarves, I'd say Gnomes are best for PvP. Humans are the best race for PvE though, for the weapon skill and rep grinds.