Sign in to follow this  
Antipatra

/expoff

Basically you're saying that you're unable to twink because you could fail at it, and you suggest they make it foolproof so you could get straight to the easy part of pwning naked newbs.

Or whatever that command was to turn off experience gain.

Well, you *think this isn't constructive, but it is..*

Not gonna happen. Locking your exp didn't occur untill WoTLK. Came with this dude: http://www.wowhead.com/npc=35365/behsten

Elysium (like Nost previously) have stated several times that they try to make it as Blizzlike as possible. Bugs aside, that's what the recent fixes (oils, buffs etc "locked" untill 1.9 hits) also point, so suggesting a feature from 3.2.0 is kinda pointless. It is Vanilla, it will be Vanilla, and quite frankly, I like it as Vanilla.

You want to have endless twink massacres, go search a 3.2.0++ server, the feature you request isn't gonna happen here.

A neutral argument that could favor either side. You will certainly see these people even if there isn't a way to turn it off. Turning it off just makes it easier. It is less restricting, since you can do other things without fear of leveling out, such as playing with friends, or guildies, and helping them gear up.

One could argue there is no difference between going to 60, not farming BIS gear and getting wrecked in the process, and being level 19, not farming BIS gear (and getting wrecked in the process), which seems to be the main argument against it; "I don't want to do any work to be good in that bracket, so no one should have better gear than me"... other than there are ways to twink yourself far beyond the norm, such as expensive enchants... which is easily fixed, like I already suggested.

But I dont want it to be less restricting. For me 50% of the fun of a twink is the planning ahead. Facerolling myself to acquiring a lvl19 twink isnt something I'm interested in!

I think if this were allowed, anyone with a character set with .expoff should only be queued with other characters with experience off set. This will be a good compromise if it is implemented.

Would an admin please lock this thread? As a vanilla-purist im triggered x9000 by even seeing it.

20 minutes ago, behsten said:

I think if this were allowed, anyone with a character set with .expoff should only be queued with other characters with experience off set. This will be a good compromise if it is implemented.

This is exactly what Blizzard did to troll the twinks that were pestering about the ability for years. It was priceless seeing the forums after it.

But anyway... This is a vanilla server with Vanilla features. I don't understand why people feel the need to simplify it adding features that take away from the true vanilla experience. Yeah.. you could accidentally ding 20 by exploring a zone.. oh it's shit.. I've done it back in Retail but it was part of the game. I had a few 29 twinks back in the day and I also had a 69 twink which was a lot of fun which you can see ... Here (Got flagged for copyright so you tube fucked the quality)

tl;dr it makes the game easier, that's not what we are here for. There is no real argument for it really.. sorry.

We've had this discussion before. There are reasons that experience can't be turned off. The biggest is it's NOT VANILLA. I'm not going to reiterate the other reasons because I already wrote them.