shagu

[Addon] pfUI - An ElvUI inspired Addon entirely written from scratch

Hi Fellows,

you probably don't know me. My name is Shagu and I'm in vanilla addon development since end of 2013. 
I just finished the first version of my UI called pfUI. Some of you might already heard about it, for those who don't, please let me introduce it:

About

The Addon aimes to be a full replacement for the original Wow interface. The design is highly inspired 
by TukUI and ElvUI (which I never used) as well as several other screenshots, I found around the web during the last 10 years. 

It contains translations to support the same functions (e.g Enemy Castbars, Stance Switching, Class Colors, ...) on all supported clients.
Supported Clients are: 

• English (enUS)
  • French (frFR)
  • German (deDE)
  • Chinese (zhCN)
  • Russian (ruRU)

Addon Compilation?

No, unlike to other UIs out there, this is not a preconfigured and/or patched addon compilation. 
You don't have to copy WTF folders, care about screen resolutions or something like that.
It is just an Addon and will ever be. If you're instead looking for a well maintained and patched compilation, I strongly recommend RisenUI.

Everything pfUI delivers to you, is written from scratch. It's comes completly without any inclusion of 3rd party addons or libraries. 
Anyway, there is support for external addons like MobHealth3 and HealComm, but they won't ever be shipped within the package.

Also, several modules within pfUI can be deactivated and replaced by others to perfectly fit your needs.
For example, the pfUI Unitframes can be disabled for those who need better ones like LunaUnitFrames.

Screenshots

screen.jpg

moveit.jpg

bag.jpg

Links
Download (~440 KB)
Website
Github Page

My work on pfUI begun since more than a year now, in the end of 2015. Many people used it from the
first date I released the code. I never "recommended" to use it yet, because for me it was always alpha.
There were many bugs and missing enhancements. But people remained keen and reported bugs,
gave me alot of tips and some of them even opened pull requests and helped me with translations.

Now it is finally released!

I want to give thanks to everyone who supported me during the last year. Looking forward to 2017!
Hope you enjoy pfUI!

Wish you a happy new year!

Cheers,
Shagu

Edited by shagu

Happy new year Shagu!, looking forward to keep testing your amazing UI and to continue coming up with ideas for it! :)

Really appreciate all the work u've done so far! :D

God, I m glad i bothered to try this out.

What I love in my UIs is a sort of fade to black on everything. What made me hesitant with your ui was the grey borders on everything. I quickly found that you've made it super easy to change the border color, which makes everything seemingly fade into darkness. That is some sexeh stuff mate!

P.s is there a way to edit font size of the chat separately from everything else`? I tried doing it in the chat lua, but it didn't seem to have any effect.

Edited by kick1234567890

13 hours ago, kick1234567890 said:

P.s is there a way to edit font size of the chat separately from everything else`? I tried doing it in the chat lua, but it didn't seem to have any effect.

Of course there is, just the same as you would always do:

zoV8nhv.jpg

Cool, I also noticed the gold counter doesnt seem to pick up that you vendored items, so when you hover your mouse over it, it shows that 0 gold has been gained this session. (edit:it works fine if you hovered over the gold before you startet vendoring items.)

Is is possible to also get it to show gold per hour, both for the session, but also for the day/week?

Edited by kick1234567890

8 hours ago, kick1234567890 said:

Cool, I also noticed the gold counter doesnt seem to pick up that you vendored items, so when you hover your mouse over it, it shows that 0 gold has been gained this session. (edit:it works fine if you hovered over the gold before you startet vendoring items.)

Is is possible to also get it to show gold per hour, both for the session, but also for the day/week?

Oh! I'll fix that. Not sure if I'm going to implement the gold/hour thing. Have lots of other stuff to do right now.

Edit: https://github.com/shagu/pfUI/commit/7aefa979cee3cb2114c90841e4f8217fe35ef7c4

Edited by shagu

The issue with the gold doesn't seem to be fixed, still only records vendored items after I've hovered over the gold once. If I vendor right after logging in, without hovering over the gold, it won't count the value.

Hi!

Awesome work with this good lokking ui mate.

I have one problem though. How do i get the right actionbar to show? It's nowhere to ne found. I have the two main ones at the middle, and the 2x6 at the left of these, but not the right one (2x6).

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Razk said:

How do i get the right actionbar to show?

You need to enable the default blizzard action bars. Press the Escape key > Interface > Advanced Options > Show Right ActionBar (And all the other actionbars if you want those to be shown as well)

2 hours ago, Cruzix said:

You need to enable the default blizzard action bars. Press the Escape key > Interface > Advanced Options > Show Right ActionBar (And all the other actionbars if you want those to be shown as well)

Oh, of course!

I didn't think of that. Thanks mate :)

In a future version, could you allow to copy link in chat? And may be a sticky mana bar frame for druid even when shapeshifted! Besides that your addons is incredibly great, thank you

2 hours ago, Jekylll said:

In a future version, could you allow to copy link in chat? And may be a sticky mana bar frame for druid even when shapeshifted! Besides that your addons is incredibly great, thank you

Yes, that already has been requested here: https://github.com/shagu/pfUI/issues/248
Regarding the Druids Mana, I believe there are addons out there that handle the MP5 regeneration much more precise than I could do in a simple version.

Just as a preview for the next version, I have added a new way for nameplates to handle clicks, which allows you to have them clickable, but still be able to move the camera with a right-button-down. This change has already been pushed to git-master.

(Only Right-Mousebutton is used in this video, the Chat gives details about the Actionstate.)

Cheers,
Shagu

Edited by shagu

I noticed the tooltip that pops up when you click on an item link isn't skinned:

dot40k.png

It would be cool if it could be skinned to be like when you hover over your items, like this:

291paf9.png

Sorry if this is already implemented, and I'm just not seeing it.

Really great UI! I appreciate all the effort you've put into this Shagu. I did encounter a bug with chat window names overlapping if you select something other than "General" it would overlap above it. In the screenshot I provide, the chat window named "Private" overlaps on top of "General" at the Left. I believe this issue is already on github bug tracker but I just wanted to confirm it for you.

http://imgur.com/a/mfQPe

I'm also wondering if it is possible to integrate KTM at the bottom window the way you did with DPS Mate. As in, if the user has both KTM and DPS Mate installed, they'd sit side by side (maybe taking up 50% of the right chat pane each). That way both KTM and DPS Meter can be at the bottom. Currently I decreased the length of the right chat pane and put KTM next to it, but because of the lesser space, bags will be smaller.

Again thanks for making this UI =)

On 3.1.2017 at 10:11 PM, kick1234567890 said:

I noticed the tooltip that pops up when you click on an item link isn't skinned:

dot40k.png

Good point, will do that.

19 hours ago, igEmperor said:

Really great UI! I appreciate all the effort you've put into this Shagu. I did encounter a bug with chat window names overlapping if you select something other than "General" it would overlap above it. In the screenshot I provide, the chat window named "Private" overlaps on top of "General" at the Left. I believe this issue is already on github bug tracker but I just wanted to confirm it for you.

http://imgur.com/a/mfQPe

I'm also wondering if it is possible to integrate KTM at the bottom window the way you did with DPS Mate. As in, if the user has both KTM and DPS Mate installed, they'd sit side by side (maybe taking up 50% of the right chat pane each). That way both KTM and DPS Meter can be at the bottom. Currently I decreased the length of the right chat pane and put KTM next to it, but because of the lesser space, bags will be smaller.

Again thanks for making this UI =)

Yes, the whole chatframe part need a big rewrite. Regarding KTM, there is already an open issue. Not sure when I'll find some time for that.

Update: For those who are on git-master, I just pushed some update regarding the unitframes, hope you enjoy :)

Cheers,
Shagu

Update Version 1.3

Quick Overview

- nameplates: reduce flickerring
- nameplates: enable mouselook with right clicks
- nameplates: add option to disable classcolors for friends or enemies
- unitframes: add option to show portraits and set their position 
- unitframes: fix sizes of some bars and frames
- unitframes: rewrite of the tukui-theme module
- castbar: code optimizations / fix channeling bug
- chat: add option to disable whisper string modifications
- chat: change handling of chat windows
- panel: remove default transparency from panels
- api: firstun wizard can now run sorted dialogs

Downloadhttps://github.com/shagu/pfUI/releases/download/1.3/pfUI-1.3.zip
Websitehttp://shagu.org/pfUI/

Is there a way to config the borders in the bag?

Specifically I'd love to be able to change the white/grey borders around the empty bag slots to complete black/faded black.

- these borders qyeckg.png

Also, any plans to skin the rest of the ui? Talentpanel, spell panel etc... For the moment I'm using the addon Skinner, but it doesn't really match the ui that well, and it's a bit difficult to config in vanilla wow.