shagu

[Addon] pfUI - An ElvUI inspired Addon entirely written from scratch

Suggestion for you shagu :

It would be nice to separate the different modules into separate project/repositories and use these as dependencies for the main pfUI project.

I see many ElvUi-like projects with different addons packages, but it would be nice to have unified base/framework to work with.

I could see something like pfDamageMeter, pfAuctions, pfCartographer... and people could make their own package.

Just throwing that out there.

There's only one issue: I have a job and already near to none spare time. If I would now also start with developing such big addons like DamageMeters, Auctioneers and others while still maintaining all of my addons and improving pfUI then I would either need to quit my job and/or clone myself. Both won't happen for a hobby.

I also won't split each module into a seperate addon, because of the simplicity of a global configuration and shared dependencies between the modules. And as you are already able to disable every module within pfUI, I don't really see a big advantage here.

tl;dr: Good Idea, but no. Sorry.

Cheers,
Shagu

Edited by shagu

Perhaps I didn't express myself correctly hehe.

I was suggesting that other people could port/write these kind of addons but using pfUI global configuration as the core. The other way around. 

Cheers

6 minutes ago, sherloks said:

Perhaps I didn't express myself correctly hehe.

I was suggesting that other people could port/write these kind of addons but using pfUI global configuration as the core. The other way around. 

Cheers

Haha,
of course "they" could. But who actually does it? You?
I only know about Road-Block who did that: https://github.com/Road-block/DragonOverlay/releases
But this was out of curiosity and just a proof of concept.

Edited by shagu

On ‎12‎-‎01‎-‎2017 at 3:33 PM, Prosax said:

Hi Shagu. Really big fan of u work with this ui :) Would it be possible to get an option to set tooltip top center? tried to do it myself, but it ended up top left ^^

What i was asking was the options to make the tooltip show in the top center of your screen

Yo shagu, 1st of all your ui is awesome you did a MASTERPIECE, for real. Now i wanted to ask you if you could add some extra functions:

1) make chat channels remembered once you type on them ( /o or any custom channel really)

2) Druid bar addon compatibily or a built in one

3)the possibility to disable each action bar

4) when the option Loot and Spam is disabled it shouldnt make the right panel background hide

that's all and keep the awesome work up!

40 minutes ago, Feraldoo said:

Yo shagu, 1st of all your ui is awesome you did a MASTERPIECE, for real. Now i wanted to ask you if you could add some extra functions:

1) make chat channels remembered once you type on them ( /o or any custom channel really)

2) Druid bar addon compatibily or a built in one

3)the possibility to disable each action bar

4) when the option Loot and Spam is disabled it shouldnt make the right panel background hide

that's all and keep the awesome work up!

Hi Feraldoo,

1. Has been already requested, Ticket is here: https://github.com/shagu/pfUI/issues/289

2. Has been already requested, Ticket is here: https://github.com/shagu/pfUI/issues/294

3. Disable the actionbars you don't want in the Wow Interface settings, same as you would do without pfUI.

4. Hmmm..

Edited by shagu

13 hours ago, shagu said:

Hi Feraldoo,

1. Has been already requested, Ticket is here: https://github.com/shagu/pfUI/issues/289

2. Has been already requested, Ticket is here: https://github.com/shagu/pfUI/issues/294

3. Disable the actionbars you don't want in the Wow Interface settings, same as you would do without pfUI.

4. Hmmm..

thanks for the fast replies, i'm not that familiar with that website so im sorry for the duplicate request :D i'll make a search on it next time. Tahnks for the tip about actionbars and as for the 4th point i'll address it on the website as a lil "bug fix" because it hides everytime you reload the game/ui which i dont think it was intended to work like that.

Edited by Feraldoo

Heyo shagu, another astonished user of your UI here, it's really great how easy to use it is, but I have a rather odd problem with my chat: 

So, I don't want to deviate from the standard split of chatframes you use (General, Combat Log and Spam/Loot). But I want 2 framegroups at all. So, I let the Addon create the Spam & Loot frame and then edit its settings, which in theory works well. 
But I have one strange thing: A channel with number 5 that I can not write to (/5 in chat does not enter me into a channel), I can not leave it. It appears to be a duplicate of the lfg or trade chat, judging from the messages inside. This channel also does not appear in the chat-config, where I can hide all other channels.

Do you know what that phantom-channel is? Also, I want to support the notion to have more customizable chats in the addon, as in: Have the right frame without the Spam & Loot-filter, and also (if that's possible) the possibility to put grouped channels into the right frame (currently, you can only build 1 group with the General-chatframe).

I hope this was understandable.

Thanks for this lovely UI; simple, efficient and effective!

I want to know if its possible not to show my debuffs on the enemy nameplate (since is already shown on the enemy unitframe. Thank you in advance.

Shagu - I just found this package a couple of days ago and I think its great.  I have 3 questions though.

1) Is there a way to move where the bags open for backpack and for bank?  It seems to be attached to the chat windows on the bottom left and right of the screen.

2) Is there a way to turn on some sort of icon for RARE and Elite mobs when they are targeted?  I know the Elite mobs have their Level with a + sign.  I was just wondering if there was a way to put the silver and gold dragon icons on them somehow to make them stand out better.

3) Is there a way to show my characters level on my player portrait?

I have tried looking in the settings for pfUI but can not figure these things out.

Thanks again for all the awesome work!!!

1 hour ago, Chaosorchid said:

Shagu - I just found this package a couple of days ago and I think its great.  I have 3 questions though.

2) Is there a way to turn on some sort of icon for RARE and Elite mobs when they are targeted?  I know the Elite mobs have their Level with a + sign.  I was just wondering if there was a way to put the silver and gold dragon icons on them somehow to make them stand out better.

I have tried looking in the settings for pfUI but can not figure these things out.

I believe the answer is below.

boss.png?raw=true

On 1/12/2017 at 4:31 PM, shagu said:

I only know about Road-Block who did that: https://github.com/Road-block/DragonOverlay/releases

Hi! Really love the addon. Just wondering if it would be possible to add some more options that I personally miss.

• Change position of power text on the player unitframe (be able to place the power number on the power bar and to the right).
  • Change size of power / health text on player / target unitframes (very minor, not that needed).
  • Change width / height of pet / tot unitframes.
  • Option to remove the power bar on tot unitframe (don't know if the vanilla API will let you).

Anyway, thanks for a great addon.

Edited by Lillpapps

Love this addon, looks great.

I have what is probably a stupid question/issue - I can't see health bars above mobs - any idea how I turn this on?

Edit - stupid question it seems, just had to turn enemy name plates on!

Edited by didgeh

This addon looks fantastic. Thank you Shagu!

I'm using this in conjunction with ShaguQuest and I've noticed that I don't get the little minimap markers like I do with Questie. Is there an option to enable this feature? Is this a feature planned for a future release?

I did try using Questie with pfUI and ShaguQuest but if I do this then it seems to stop click events from registering on the chat selection window so I cannot change chat windows. Disabling Questie allows selection to work again.

On 14.1.2017 at 8:58 AM, Easer said:

Hi, can you tell me, how to make buffs icons to the group members. Thank you. (google translate) 

At the moment, you can only show buffs of your class on the group members: https://github.com/shagu/pfUI/issues/181

22 hours ago, Owlrrex said:

Heyo shagu, another astonished user of your UI here, it's really great how easy to use it is, but I have a rather odd problem with my chat: 

So, I don't want to deviate from the standard split of chatframes you use (General, Combat Log and Spam/Loot). But I want 2 framegroups at all. So, I let the Addon create the Spam & Loot frame and then edit its settings, which in theory works well. 
But I have one strange thing: A channel with number 5 that I can not write to (/5 in chat does not enter me into a channel), I can not leave it. It appears to be a duplicate of the lfg or trade chat, judging from the messages inside. This channel also does not appear in the chat-config, where I can hide all other channels.

Do you know what that phantom-channel is? Also, I want to support the notion to have more customizable chats in the addon, as in: Have the right frame without the Spam & Loot-filter, and also (if that's possible) the possibility to put grouped channels into the right frame (currently, you can only build 1 group with the General-chatframe).

I hope this was understandable.

The chat is a big mess right now, and there are also issues on server side regarding this, please have a look here: https://github.com/shagu/pfUI/issues/182
Before investing hours to fix a nostalrius specific issue, I will first wait until the nostalrius-core is replaced by elysium with their anathema-core.

18 hours ago, TikiThorsen said:

Thanks for this lovely UI; simple, efficient and effective!

I want to know if its possible not to show my debuffs on the enemy nameplate (since is already shown on the enemy unitframe. Thank you in advance.

You can enable/disable nameplate debuffs in the /pfui settings.

18 hours ago, Chaosorchid said:

1) Is there a way to move where the bags open for backpack and for bank?  It seems to be attached to the chat windows on the bottom left and right of the screen.

3) Is there a way to show my characters level on my player portrait?

1) No, the bags cannot be moved and yet not sure if they ever will be.

2) Please have a look here: https://github.com/shagu/pfUI/issues/157

3) Please have a look here: https://github.com/shagu/pfUI/issues/40

9 hours ago, Lillpapps said:

Hi! Really love the addon. Just wondering if it would be possible to add some more options that I personally miss.

• Change position of power on the player unitframe (be able to place the power number on the power bar and to the right).
  • Change size of power / health text on player / target unitframes (very minor, not that needed).
  • Change width / height of pet / tot unitframes.
  • Option to remove the power bar on tot unitframe (don't know if the vanilla API will let you).

Anyway, thanks for a great addon.

Most of your request is already on the roadmap, It will be handled within this ticket: https://github.com/shagu/pfUI/issues/40
Regarding the other ones (pet and ToT customization) I hope to find some time soon.

4 hours ago, Alaryn said:

This addon looks fantastic. Thank you Shagu!

I'm using this in conjunction with ShaguQuest and I've noticed that I don't get the little minimap markers like I do with Questie. Is there an option to enable this feature? Is this a feature planned for a future release?

I did try using Questie with pfUI and ShaguQuest but if I do this then it seems to stop click events from registering on the chat selection window so I cannot change chat windows. Disabling Questie allows selection to work again.

ShaguQuest does not have minimap symbols and it is not planned to bring them in.
Your issue sounds strange, are you sure it is related to the mentioned addons?
I never had issues with Questie+ShaguQuest+pfUI so far.

Cheers,
Shagu

Edited by shagu

2 hours ago, shagu said:

You can enable/disable nameplate debuffs in the /pfui settings.

I already tried; it was disable by default and yet it shows, so I enabled, reloaded, disabled it, reloaded again and it had absolutaely no effect.

Am I brain-farting some step or is this a bug?

23 hours ago, TikiThorsen said:

I already tried; it was disable by default and yet it shows, so I enabled, reloaded, disabled it, reloaded again and it had absolutaely no effect.

Am I brain-farting some step or is this a bug?

I just tested it and it works as expected, please note that debuffs are only shown on your target nameplate. Also make sure that you don't have any other nameplate addons active.

Update Version 1.5

Quick Overview

- bags: fix effective scale width
- chat: add option to remove tabdock backdrop
- chat: add option to disable chat fadeout
- chat: add option for sticky chat
- gui: use uipanel function for colorpicker frame
- target: make fontwidth calculation aware of portraits
- target: close dropdown menus when target is hidden
- thirdparty: fix variable for old healcomm versions
- thirdparty: make healcomm aware of portraits
- tooltip: name tooltip frame (fix crash)
- tooltip: add option for extended guild information (show guild rank)
- unitframes: update portrait on group change
- unitframes: update group on groupmember change
- unitframes: adjust portrait frame strata

Downloadhttps://github.com/shagu/pfUI/releases/download/1.5/pfUI-1.5.zip
Websitehttp://shagu.org/pfUI/

1 minute ago, Vyrash said:

Nice UI :) but i think i still stay whit my LUNA UI

You can use both and just disable the unit/party/raid frames in pfUI, exactly what i am doing.