Wosh

Hordies griefing in the Goldshire

hi,
for more than a day a few hordies have messed up the NPCs in the Goldshire, killing all the quest givers thus slowing the progression of the new characters.

they messed completely the NPCs, some are displaced and some are missing.

there was a taunren Dave.. something and 2 forsaken shadow priests who mind controlled some NPCs, you'll find out in the logs.

need quick attention  because main quest givers that receive from start zone and send to the next one are missing and people are  running around till they log off or make a character in an other zone or move there.

this will probably needs a server restart to solve the problem unfortunately.

Edited by Wosh

They're allowed to "grief" them as long as they don't do it for 24 hours straight.

Also, you can make an ingame ticket to report stuck NPC's or NPC's you can't seem to find.

GM's will fix them.

1 hour ago, Carns said:

Entering that zone flags the horde PVP.

Does it? It shouldn't. You should only get auto-flagged for entering major cities.

13 minutes ago, gotmilk0112 said:

Does it? It shouldn't. You should only get auto-flagged for entering major cities.

On both PvP and PvE servers you get to be auto-flagged for PvP when entering any Enemy Territory.

49 minutes ago, Lawinn said:

On both PvP and PvE servers you get to be auto-flagged for PvP when entering any Enemy Territory.

Really? I don't remember that happening. On the PvE server, entering opposing-faction 1-10 zones never flagged me. I went to Scarlet Monastery and walked through Barrens as Alliance a bunch of times, never got PvP flagged.

9 minutes ago, gotmilk0112 said:

Really? I don't remember that happening. On the PvE server, entering opposing-faction 1-10 zones never flagged me. I went to Scarlet Monastery and walked through Barrens as Alliance a bunch of times, never got PvP flagged.

Actually sorry you are right, it shouldn't flag you as PvP. I've never been playing on PvE servers so I had no clue, which made me do some research and there is the answer from a 2005 post from a retail player: http://wow.allakhazam.com/forum.html?forum=21&mid=110723315618613034

Problem here is these guys are attacking NPCs without getting flagged and that's not the way it should be.  Pretty sure staff is aware of this and considers it a bug to be fixed.

15826711_1725828721079550_4374129847600515871619_1725828814412874_68366373034857

On PvE realms you do not get auto flagged upon entering a enemy territory. Also, killing opposing factions npc's does not flag you either. It only flags you when you attack another player.