gnr

[Addon] NotGrid

I was using LUNA and then decided I didn't want to. I wanted to use Grid, but I found the vanilla versions out there to be wonky and most importantly didn't support healcomm. I could have just looked at the Grid code and thrown some healcomm status bars into it but I wanted to do my own thing so I've pretty much just made a derivative product of Luna/Grid.

1fHGQ_screenshot2.jpg

I don't have much of a pitch for it. It's pretty much Grid and it works. It lacks some Grid features but adds new ones. It supports the default Clique keybinds (no unitdead/advanced macros), Lazyspell, healcomm, eight buff/debuff icons around the unit frame, low mana & aggro warning, proximity checking, and a simple (though not meant to be final) config menu for general resizing/coloring options.

If you use this, know that it's not being rapidly updated. I neither play wow nor work on this a whole lot but I still push fixes and additions every once in a while so check the github repo every month or so and look to see if the latest update is new to you. Feel free to leave suggestions here or on Github as well as fork and make pull requests if you're interested in adding something yourself, I've merged a couple contributions already.

Github Repository Page

I'm not raiding yet but I remember having those problems with grid on another server, thank you for sharing your work I'll definately give it a shot !

Just did a quick test and i liked it, but i have a problem.

If i put a spell under middle mousebutton and click on the frame it wont cast it, but if i place the same spell under left or right mouse button then it cast just fine.

Same for mousebutton 4 and 5 with Luna  i can use all buttons from the mouse.

Oh, that was a silly oversight. All mouse buttons should now work with the latest build downloaded from the repository page or the "working version" link on the promo page.

Great addon dude! Works great so far, just one thing bothers me.

Is there a way to have an indicator on grid for when I've targeted someone? For example, back in retail I had grid setup so unit border would only appear on my
target.

The only other negative I can find is that I'm getting a ton of Healcomm related errors if I have both notgrid and luna on and I can't find a way to shut off healcomm completely in either of them. But that might be due to me using a pretty old luna version.

Thanks a lot for the addon!

It's not really possibly to "turn off" healcomm, it will always be running in the background if an addon loads it whether shown visually or not. I've ran NotGrid with the latest version of Luna when I published this and had no errors. I'd definitely recommend updating Luna. It's likely the newer version that's packed with NotGrid is overwriting your old Luna version and throwing errors as a result. Or vice versa. I'll check on things again myself.

I'll put "target highlighting" on the idea list, but I only see including it in the same manner as aggro/low mana notifications currently work. Though with that, you could modify the default border color to be transparent and then set the target highlight color to non-transparent and it would look the same. But we'll see if I can even get it in first.

Don't worry about my conflict with luna, it certainly is because of me using the older version. Wanted to update it but I was too afraid of getting stuck on Authenticating if I logout :P

About target highlighting, it functioning the same way as aggro notification is exactly what I had back on retail and that would be perfect! I tend to forget who I targeted :P But even without it the addon feels great.

Hey, its working now i can use all buttons!

I have a question if i cast renew i see a blue dot in the frame is it possible to make a visual timer so i can see when renew expires or is this not  possible in vanilla?

Updated for target highlighting (defaulted to off), resurrection indicator, and new version of healcomm.

@bertiex There's no default API to know the exact time of any buff or debuff, given re-applications, but healcomm does have communication about specific HoTs so anyone with an addon utilizing it will send and receive info about new rejuv/renew applications. Unfortunately, the current way I'm handling auras right now doesn't open it up for easy implementation, not to mention the general design of Grid and size of the icons were intentionally small with expectation to ignore this functionality. We'll see, but it will likely be a large project making a whole new lib for handling auras (currently using the same one vanilla Grid uses).

While testing it out I got a lua error while casting Lesser Heal. Line 263 in frames.lua has an error:

local modifier = maxhealth/o.width

should be:

local modifier = maxhealth/o.unitwidth

I changed it and all seemed good.

Thanks bud. Great addon!

Love the addon, but have a couple things on my wish-list:

1. One of the most annoying things about grid-type raid frames is that most don't have some sort of "configure mode." You have to get 39 other people in order to properly set up the grid in your UI (a lot of people join an AV and spend the BG working on their UI). Is it possible to set up a config mode that generates fake player frames for the purposes of setting up the addon?

2. Is it possible to have an option for the grid to fill up right-to-left instead of left-to-right? A weird request I know, but that tends to work better in my UI.

Also I changed the notgrid.toc to read:

## SavedVariablesPerCharacter: NotGridOptions

instead of

## SavedVariables: NotGridOptions

So that this way the options are character specific. You should probably make this permanent also because if you're playing a Priest healer and a Druid, you obviously want to have different buffs/heals/etc. setup for each.

Thanks again man. Love simple, lightweight addons like this.

Check out my forum post for my addon "AutoMate". 

http://forum.elysium-project.org/topic/23271-automate-custom-vanilla-wow-all-in-one-addon-by-wayleran/#comment-244166

-Wayleran

Edited by Wayleran

Hey, great addon overall, it's exactly what i was looking for for a long time !

I only have 1 issue so far, the frame refresh rate seems to be ~300ms, wich is a bit too slow sadly. Would it be possible to lower it to 100ms or less ?

Also, would it be possible to choose what's displayed in the center text 1 and center text 2, change the text size and also add a center icon ?

Thanks !

Edited by Cha

Updated to support Right to Left growth, Horizontal Healthbar, and hiding blizz party frames. Using Horizontal health bar you have to type in "HORIZONTAL" where its otherwise "VERTICAL". It's not pretty, but it's the easiest way to implement it in the way I've set up the menu and variable. Someone on github has either written or simply posted a translated version so I'll be working on merging that next.

@Amity "configure mode"

I like Luna's configure mode but I don't have any strong idea on how I'd implement it. Might be complicated, might be simple, but this addon was intended to be simplistic to the point that you wouldn't need/want to mess around with a million settings that a config mode is necessary. It would be cool, and maybe someday will be implemented, but don't count on it.

@Wayleran "Saved Variables", "Shaman Class Color is showing up as Paladin (Pink)"

I suppose I'll change the saved variables for the time being, but I think I had a rationalization for opting with account wide variable when I wrote it. The shaman color isn't really a bug, it uses the blizzard table/array which defines them both as pink until TBC.

@Cha "frame refresh rate", "choose what's displayed in the center text 1 and center text 2"

I'm not sure what you mean by frame refresh rate. It's refreshed just the same as all other frames as far as I'm aware, the same as your fps. Right? Changing center text isn't going to happen nor will changing many things that you could change with grid. It means writing a bunch of conditional statements for every little thing and I'm not interested. This addon is intended to be fairly static, you get what you see in the screenshots. Change width, height, and other simple attributes to make it fit into your UI but it will never be massively complex. I'll add center icon sometime.

I think what Cha is referring to is the infamous event lag when using events to trigger hp changes. Even the default blizzard raidframes refresh in an onUpdate every frame.

1 hour ago, Fridolin said:

Nice one looking for years now to find a working version for vanilla. 

There's been a working version of both Grid and Luna for years for vanilla..never been a mix of them both.

Hey gnr, yeah nevermind my post about the Shaman color. Never played horde in vanilla eventhough I've been playing WoW SINCE 2005 and many many PS too for years. It's obviously perfectly normal for it to be pink for both as that is the default state of the 2 classes. Disregard my "derpy" moment there.

You rock. Addon rocks. Keep it up.