Sign in to follow this  
Lowcowst

Not enough

Hello, I know at vanilla everything's difficult; but there is not enough plant in different region and particulary in the start region.

I check it on more many database, we need more for leveling normaly this profession.

I can confirm this. I don't know, if these spawn rates are equal to those normal rates in vanilla. But with 12k people playing on Elysium PvP it's really impossible to level Herbalism & Alchemy when there's only Earthroot (which you can gather with lvl 15) but no Peaceblooms or Silverleaves.

Is it possible just to increase the spawn rates a bit? Or would this destroy the blizzlike vanilla spawn rates?

Same on pve server. Yesterday it took me over 2 hrs running through different zones to level herbalism from 1-70. from 1-50 it was okay, but as soon as mageroyal/earthroot were essential, leveling speed dropped significantly.

6 hours ago, Lowcowst said:

actually it's not the blizzlike spawn rates obviously

I didn't know that, I don't have the exact percentages, you know. It's my first time playing vanilla though.

В 14.01.2017 в 15:44, Lowcowst сказал:

Hello, I know at vanilla everything's difficult; but there is not enough plant in different region and particulary in the start region.

I check it on more many database, we need more for leveling normaly this profession.

Agree,took me a while to lvl it to 30 but when i came to Westfall there were no herbs i could actually pick up.

If we're talking about Blizzlike - blizz realms had only 3-4k online maximum,not 12k.

There are plenty of herbs. There are a large number of people. Got to 59 in an hour and a half. I had the same problem. I noticed a higher level toon running around herbing. I followed him around thunderbluff and watched his circuit. I then figured out where I should cut in. Your fighting a high population (right now). Vanilla was not easy compared to retail wow this day.

Stop crying, i have 29 lvl hunter now, 190 herbalism and 190 alchemy. So there is enough herbs...And YES, don't go to NEXT LEVELING Zone without enough skill to collect herbs there...

hf

It is more cheaper to get it from the AH or from Friends, do some deals u will safe a big amount of Time. i got in 1h to level 100 just by sitting in OG, wispering people, Trading. If u have some Friends u can make the best of it, Trade whit them. Give them Stuff they need.

2 hours ago, Legron said:

Stop crying, i have 29 lvl hunter now, 190 herbalism and 190 alchemy. So there is enough herbs...And YES, don't go to NEXT LEVELING Zone without enough skill to collect herbs there...

hf

You missed the point here. If you start to gather with herbalism at level 5, you will encountner enough plants because you are in the same zones for a very long time and therefore find enough herbs. This thread is about running around with a level 60 and leveling herbalism, which is really a pain right now.

In Vanilla things were difficult you say...

In Vanilla I had to go to Un Goro Crater with my level 32 mage to skill up herbalism and alchemy. My warrior was crafting armor on his own level.

On Darrowshire at level 20 I have to walk everywhere from SW on foot in hope to get a shot on entry level nodes, also for mining. Alchemy 40, Herbalism 61...

The best part is when you finally managed to get the skill high enough and... start gathering for your raid consumables (especially flasks). Here starts the true pain :)

Definitely not enough spawns. Even looking in areas that are supposedly good spots there is nothing. I'm not talking about at peak hours either, the zones are almost deserted.

If you played Feenix or other multiple x experience servers, you'll think that the time to level herbing and alchemy is too low.  Its not, compared to original WOW.  The higher server population, especially with a fresh start, caused problems -- everyone at the same level.  But now that toons are spread out (hardcore at 60, causual lower), its becoming very blizzlike.   I was able to spend a couple hours going back over herb routes in lower levels, at a 25 level toon, and get back to speed -- that is, being able to get herbs in my leveling zone.  Now it's progressing smoothly.  Not fast, but smoothly.

I rolled my priest when nostalrious under elysium came online, there where not even mobs to be found, and I leveled with a huge number of other players on the same zones. Herbalism got left behind from about lvl 15. 
I did not wast time to go looking for herbs to get in line with the areas I was in. I left it, I lvled and at level 40 with the mount I spend like 4 hours to reach the normal levels I should be.

TLDR Version : Do not try to level herbalism without a mount.