cryofsorrow

Raw Nightfin Snapper

12 posts in this topic

I used to catch that in Azshara waters but ever since relaunch the drop rate seems lower, or it's just me beeing greedy for mp5 food. I heard from other players they get theirs outside Stratholme Live entrance's waters, near Orgrimmar's west entrance, etc. I also tried fishing it in Moonglade but it still had low drop.

Where do you guys get this fish the most? Does the % on that particular fish matter if it's day or night time?

Thanks for the replies in advance.

It got fixed so that now Nightfin should appear more often at night, and sunscale salmon at day.

However, their droprate is still horrible, all across the board. There's no magic trick for fishing up these guys, just a lot of patience and booze like a true fisherman.

it should be a day night cycle now. the following used to be on the Retail version not sure how its here.

00:00 - 06:00 only nightfin

06:00 - 12:00 both

12:00 - 18:00 only sunscale

18:00 - 00:00 both

Not to hijack this thread but has anyone had an issue while farming Nightfin Snappers and loot windows that are empty? This is the only time I've noticed this while fishing and I suspect that Nightfin snappers aren't showing up in the loot window.

12 hours ago, KalHaven said:

Not to hijack this thread but has anyone had an issue while farming Nightfin Snappers and loot windows that are empty? This is the only time I've noticed this while fishing and I suspect that Nightfin snappers aren't showing up in the loot window.

Yes. In various places that previously had Nightfin, I only get an empty loot window now (when I suspect would be the time for Nightfin to drop), while other fish are dropping normally. There is something wrong here.

edit: this could perhaps also be related to the removal of some other items that you could get from fishing such as Rumsey Rum for example, but it happens almost exactly at the frequency of the previous Nightfin drop rate

Edited by void_echo

13 hours ago, void_echo said:

Yes. In various places that previously had Nightfin, I only get an empty loot window now (when I suspect would be the time for Nightfin to drop), while other fish are dropping normally. There is something wrong here.

edit: this could perhaps also be related to the removal of some other items that you could get from fishing such as Rumsey Rum for example, but it happens almost exactly at the frequency of the previous Nightfin drop rate

I wonder if this has been brought to the staff's attention. Also I found Rumsey Rum but only in floating wreckages (along with stranglekelp) and I believe that's intentional in those spots, was not familiar with it appearing outside pools though. To date, fishing in Moonglade/Tanaris the only things I've caught outside of fish were a superior healing potion and a gray item. 

Same issue here. Since reset I have noticed that when I fish (usually between 0:00-4:00 server time) that sunscale doesn't drop at all like it used to at all hours of the day. Have data recorded from before and after the reset. I like to fish 100 fish at a time so I get a direct percentage of drop rates every outing. 100 fish typically takes 35-40 minutes. Anyways, recently it takes me 55 minutes to fish up 100 thanks to 23 empty casts the first time and 19 the next. Zero sunscale. It's gotta be bugged. Fix the loot table please! (Data taken from Moonglade and the river going through Camp Mojache)

5 hours ago, Bblowfish73 said:

Same issue here. Since reset I have noticed that when I fish (usually between 0:00-4:00 server time) that sunscale doesn't drop at all like it used to at all hours of the day. Have data recorded from before and after the reset. I like to fish 100 fish at a time so I get a direct percentage of drop rates every outing. 100 fish typically takes 35-40 minutes. Anyways, recently it takes me 55 minutes to fish up 100 thanks to 23 empty casts the first time and 19 the next. Zero sunscale. It's gotta be bugged. Fix the loot table please! (Data taken from Moonglade and the river going through Camp Mojache)

The Sunscale not dropping from 00-06 should be normal if the time table Orymos posted is correct.

I tested it yesterday while fishing in Camp Mojache from 12-18, and got 15% Sunscale and 0% Nightfin, with very frequent empty loot windows. Then from 18-00 I got 15% Sunscale and 10% Nightfin with zero empty loot windows. I didn't test 00-06, but I'll test 06-12 now, I expect same results as 18-00 if Orymos has it right (although I'm not sure why there's a 15/10 Sunscale/Nightfin disparity).

So the empty windows are definitely placeholders for Nightfin (and apparently Sunscale) that isn't spawning due to time of the day.

Also, I'm wondering about AV and Moonglade, should they also share the time table like normal locations? Moonglade perhaps (although I sort of remember that it was supposed to be permanent night time, but I might be wrong), but shouldn't AV have the same loot table 24/7? Because it currently shares the time table of the outside world.

edit: tried it now (06-12) and it's again about 15/10 Sunscale/Nightfin with no empty windows

Edited by void_echo

Today i had a 50/50 rate on Nightfin/Sunscale at 5.25 server time. I also catched Winter Squid in a river.

I have been fishing a lot lately and this problem still persists. It is one thing to have an issue where you did not catch the fish but to catch the fish and get an empty loot table makes me believe something is wrong. I am assuming this has to do on how they removed the fish from those certain hours. 

On 1/18/2017 at 6:46 PM, KalHaven said:

this may have been answered, but I just hit about 175 and was trying Feralas for nightfins with the +100 lure.  I got there about 22:00 server time and per the loot schedule, I caught salmon and nightfins, at a ratio of about 3 to 1 (less than an hour fishing so stats are not perfect).  I had no empty loot windows.  I logged on a bit later, ~0:05 ST when only nightfins were supposed to drop, and almost immediately got empty loot windows -- maybe 20% of the time.  But I was catching the normal amount of nightfin.  Also I got 4 skill up points when no loot window showed up after a "catch".  No loot, but skill ups.  I suspect that the scripting is calling for a legitimate catch, but due to the time period, Salmon are not in the loot table, so no loot window is launched.  But the skilling up shows that a catch is registered.  So from this limited experience (about 40 minutes of fishing), I wouldn't worry about the missing loot windows as nightfins and skilling don't seem to be affected.