Sign in to follow this  
Papito

CHANGE YOUR FUCKING PASSWORD

4 minutes ago, ropman said:

Just tested it and can confirm that passwords are not case sensitive. Is this intended?

Makes brute forcing passwords a great deal more uncomplicated....

21 hours ago, Xzane said:

No point in changing your password multiple times i'd say just use the authenticator  

Use the 2 part authentication - problem solved!

5 hours ago, Mealticket said:

I'm all about security, but how many hoops would I have to go through if I'm in an area with poor cell service and I want to play at, say, a hotel? 

If you use the two part authentication, all you need is your cell phone to have some form of connection to get the updated code.  Unless you are totally off the grid and roaming in the woods, you should be able to use the 2 part authentication without any problems.

I love it.  If I'm on travel in a hotel, I get prompted to authenticate every time.  When I get back home, I get prompted once and then its fine until I go on travel again.  It has been SURPRISINGLY easy.  Highly recommend it!

Watch the vid below for instructions on how to setup 2FA with a smartphone:

Remember, if you get capwned by the Chinese, NEITHER your gear NOR your gold will be restored to you.

For those of you who live in a mancave and don;t own a creditc card and/or a smartphone, I have been told that it is possible to setup and use 2FA by setting up and running Google Authenticator on your PC.

Passwords for wow on retail were never case sensitive for me. Working as intended. =]

Edited by Tredoran

14 hours ago, Xerox said:

Greetings!

@EffToyz

You can change the password with this command In-Game.

.account password oldpasswordhere newpassword newpassword

Keep in mind that passwords are case sensitive, and displaying your password might result in sanctions upon your account.

@kastle
You are responsible for your own account security, and we strongly advice on using the 2FA.

@toniplavna
The database has not been leaked.

I fail to understand your question here, could you elaborate?

Regards
GM Team

Greetings! 

You actually are responsible for securing our accounts.  I for one am sick and tired of the staff saying the leaks are coming from other servers being hacked. It is just 100% false. People are changing passwords daily and the new updated passwords are still stolen. 

It is just lazy on your part to say its the users fault. You don't have security measures put in place and it is showing.

I enabled 2 factor authentication on my previous account and it was still closed because 2 factor auth wasn't enough to protect my account and it was being used to spam gold messages. I had a secure 12 character password, an account name I've never used before, never played another private WoW server and 2 factor auth.

15 hours ago, Tempest said:

How do I use 2FA without a phone?

Just wondering, in this day and age, why don't you own a Smart device? phone/tablet/android box or something?

15 hours ago, Sahoso said:

Greetings! 

You actually are responsible for securing our accounts.  I for one am sick and tired of the staff saying the leaks are coming from other servers being hacked. It is just 100% false. People are changing passwords daily and the new updated passwords are still stolen. 

It is just lazy on your part to say its the users fault. You don't have security measures put in place and it is showing.

I enabled 2 factor authentication on my previous account and it was still closed because 2 factor auth wasn't enough to protect my account and it was being used to spam gold messages. I had a secure 12 character password, an account name I've never used before, never played another private WoW server and 2 factor auth.

It is impossible to get hacked if you have enabled 2FA, b/c in order to hack you, the [email protected] must physically obtain your cellphone, bypass it's password lock, open your authenticator, and then obtain your 6 digit code. In addition, the [email protected] must have obtained your password beforehand.

Therefore, you are full of shit and wasting our time.

On ‎23‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 7:59 AM, Ven said:

don't forget that passwords are NOT case sensitive

It wasn't on retail but pretty sure it is on Elysium.

On ‎23‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 10:28 PM, Sahoso said:

Greetings! 

Agreed.

Legally, if a company stores users' personal information, it is the company's responsibility to secure it, and if they get hacked, it is the company's fault. Same would apply here.

Edited by arbet