Sign in to follow this  
Magank

Receiving threats following contentious Gnomeran

I was leading a group through Gnomeran today.  A shaman, named Aarnio, was kicked for abusing the healer, verbally when she rolled on a mace that he felt should have been his.  After listening to various F-bombs and a slew of obsecenities, I kicked him knowing we could finish without him.  After this, he messaged me, with threats to my IP address and what he was going to do once he found it. I tried to respond quoting the rules of the server, but he already had ignored me.  Could an admin contact me in regards to what actions I need to take for them to investigate this please.

these people get tired and need to be put to a nap after a while, just ignore them for abit. good luck actually receiving admin attention

there is an ignore list on your friends tab if you didnt know although it fills up rather quickly

While ceoddyn might seem abrasive in his response, it is pretty accurate. Situations like this occur all the time, and threats on IP addresses are rather silly.. I would disregard it entirely, ignore the guy, and move on. I'm sorry that you had to witness a negative player who creates a toxic environment, but you made the right move and should feel justified in what you did.

If you feel that he went above and beyond with his insults into a level that is against the rules, you can always contact a GM with screenshots for proof that they could fact check... But yeah, this kind of stuff happens a lot. Not just here, but large communities in general.

Edited by Shiamorah

Thanks both of you for your response.

Shiamorah,

I am not very technologically adept, so I appreciate your dismissal of his threats as silly.  That is mostly why I posted here, to be assured that I did not need to be concerned.

Magank

Yeah if you have even a basic firewall and virus protection I wouldn't even concern yourself, especially against someone who threatens you with an attack on your IP lol.

"threats to my IP address and what he was going to do once he found it." - topkek. Good luck to him on doing that. Next time, tell people who make this threat that you are behind 7 proxies (just google this joke).

Probably got you with an ip sniffer. Defiantly gonna be facing an  attack. Dont let these guys fool you call you ISP asap they will know what to do tell them the whole story.

Hi, can you advise how to play WoW through VPN (1-2-3 for dummies): is there a soft that is VPN for my whole PC instead individual applications?

1 hour ago, KimmyG said:

Probably got you with an ip sniffer. Defiantly gonna be facing an  attack. Dont let these guys fool you call you ISP asap they will know what to do tell them the whole story.

3/10 trolling m8

1 hour ago, KimmyG said:

lol.. the bridge on this troll is huge!

2 hours ago, KimmyG said:

No kidding, this is exactly what happened when I worked for local ISP provider. A guy was begging us to change his LAN (!) IP because someone knew it and was threatening him.