Sign in to follow this  
EddieHunter

Eagle eye travelling.

This video seems to be from vanilla times, here u can see how hunter uses /cast Eagle eye macro and chain-casting eagle eye.

Notice that its not /cast !Eagle eye macro which was added in BC, but just a simple classic macro.

Afaik, this isnt possible on our realms, so, a question is - should I go to a bug tracker and report it? Is there anyone who can confirm Eagle eye was working in a such way back in the vanilla?

P.S. as far as I know, priest spell Mind Vision should also be possible to chain cast as long as u can find a target for it.

The description to this video says it was recorded before this bug got fixed. So it's not supposed to be chainable and I think there's no way to make it one.

9 hours ago, gotmilk0112 said:

I don't think it's a bug. I remember doing this in patch 2.4 with Far Sight (shaman).

Shaman Far Sight is different and is chainable without any macro.

Shouldn't Far Sight and Eagle Eye have the same scripting, though? They're both the same exact spell, functionality-wise. Click to move viewpoint, with a 50,000 yard range.

Edited by gotmilk0112

7 hours ago, gotmilk0112 said:

Shouldn't Far Sight and Eagle Eye have the same scripting, though? They're both the same exact spell, functionality-wise. Click to move viewpoint, with a 50,000 yard range.

They are similar, but Far Sight has a casting time. I don't think they are meant to be exact same.

yeah the 

/cast !Eagle Eye

used to show the target area before you actually cast so you could set the next jump up, it was awesome in vanilla.

But i think the ! is gone now, I think it might have been replaced with.

/cast [channeling:Eagle Eye][] Eagle Eye

But this isn't working either. Shame it was always one of my favourite exploration techniques you could go for miles.

Speaking of traveling, I don't even remember the last time I was on a plane, thanks to the pandemic. When was the last time you traveled? I'm planning a trip to Europe this year, and I just need to renew my passport. Well, I learned that it's possible to do it online, you can click to learn more, and hopefully, I won't have any problems.