Sign in to follow this  
cargalia

does troll racial(berserk) increase "aimed shot" charge(cast time)

Not sure if aimed shot is just like a charging or an actual cast time like a spell.

but with that said does the troll racial increase the aimed shot speed(again the cast time or charge)

maybe, i answered my own question. maybe, i didn't

It does increase your attack speed with ranged weapons but afaik the 0.5 second build up time to shoot can't be reduced.

Ugh, ofc it does. Troll racial, Rapid Fire and Improved Aspect of the Hawk proc all decrease casting time of Aimed shot.

Edited by Shaze

On 2/14/2017 at 1:01 PM, Shaze said:

Troll racial, Rapid Fire and Improved Aspect of the Hawk proc all decrease casting time of Aimed shot.

I think an argument could be made that the troll racial (Berserking) reduces the cast time of Aimed Shot. I've not tested to make sure, but I always assumed this was the case. However, I don't believe it is accurate to suggest Rapid Fire or Improved Aspect of the Hawk reduce its cast time. The latter two are attack speed buffs, not cast speed. Berserking is both.

15 hours ago, Fisher said:

I think an argument could be made that the troll racial (Berserking) reduces the cast time of Aimed Shot. I've not tested to make sure, but I always assumed this was the case. However, I don't believe it is accurate to suggest Rapid Fire or Improved Aspect of the Hawk reduce its cast time. The latter two are attack speed buffs, not cast speed. Berserking is both.

You can believe what you want, I'm playing the class and telling you how it is.

Just now, Shaze said:

You can believe what you want, I'm playing the class and telling you how it is.

And I'm playing the class and telling you that's not how it is. Prove to me that you're correct and I'll gladly rescind my statement about you being wrong. In the mean time, we can simply read the tooltips that suggest I'm correct.

• Aimed Shot - 3 sec cast - "An aimed shot that increases ranged damage by 600."
  • Berserking (Troll Racial) - "Increases your casting and attack speed by 10% to 30%. At full health the speed increase is 10% with a greater effect up to 30% if you are badly hurt when you activate Berserking. Lasts 10 sec."
  • Improved Aspect of the Hawk - "While Aspect of the Hawk is active, all normal ranged attacks have a x% chance of increasing ranged attack speed by 30% for 12 sec."
  • Rapid Fire - "Increases ranged attack speed by 40% for 15 sec."

If IAotH and Rapid Fire decreased the cast time of Aimed Shot, then so too would a quiver and the Minor Haste glove enchant. Spoiler alert: they don't.

• Enchant Gloves - Minor Haste - "Permanently enchant gloves to grant a +1% attack speed bonus."
  • Ancient Sinew Wrapped Lamina - "Equip: Increases ranged attack speed by 15%."

Take off your quiver and tell me if your cast speed with Aimed Shot increases. It won't, because ranged attack speed is regarding auto attacks only.

Quick Shots reduces Aimed Shot's cast to 2.31 seconds, Rapid Fire reduces it to 2.14 seconds, and both simultaneously reduces it to 1.65 seconds.

3 minutes ago, Raziya said:

Quick Shots reduces Aimed Shot's cast to 2.31 seconds, Rapid Fire reduces it to 2.14 seconds, and both simultaneously reduces it to 1.65 seconds.

Proof of this, please?

This was on Nostalrius 1.0, and it worked the same way on Kronos, and it continues to work the same way on Anathema.

Edit: The timer I used was rais_AutoShot. Some people ran into issues with it, but it's always worked reliably for me. Here's a link:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/lthyfecdl8v2yoq/rais_AutoShot.zip

My friend Rhyna recently improved the timer, but it's new and I haven't had the chance to work with it yet. Here's his version:
https://forum.elysium-project.org/topic/38332-addon-yaht-yet-another-hunter-timer/

Edited by Raziya

56 minutes ago, Raziya said:

This was on Nostalrius 1.0

If it's not too much to ask, I'd like to see proof it works this way on Elysium here and now.

I'm reading through patch notes, and found something interesting in patch 1.7: "Aimed Shot - Fixed tooltip to correctly display shot time." Not sure what this means as it relates to Rapid Fire reducing its cast time. Perhaps the tooltip should accurately reflect the changes in cast time from abilities that affect it, or perhaps that was the change that makes it always show 3.0 cast speed.

In any case, if Rapid Fire and Quick Shots affects the cast speed of Aimed Shot, shouldn't a quiver do the same? Is there a hidden interaction between the abilities?

I was under the impression Aimed Shot (and Steady Shot when it was added) cast times were not affected by attack speed bonuses until TBC. Apparently all attack speed increases affected it during that time period. Is that also the case in vanilla, or is that only the case for Rapid Fire, Quick Shots, and Berserking?

Does Berserking double dip into the cast speed reduction, or does it consider "casting" speed to mean from spells, and Aimed Shot calculates its cast speed based on ranged attack speed modifiers? In that case, would that also mean the Minor Haste enchant also improves the cast speed of Aimed Shot?

Too much of this doesn't really add up.

Edited by Fisher

Can't you just test it yourself? Don't you play a hunter? Or you could ask a hunter on Elysium server. I play Anathema, so there's not much I can do about it.

5 minutes ago, Raziya said:

I play Anathema, so there's not much I can do about it.

Apologies for being unclear. When I said Elysium, I didn't mean the realm; I meant the server. I hadn't actually considered the possibility it might work differently on different patches. Testing on Anathema would be fine for me, but I was thinking that perhaps there was a bug that was affecting the cast time incorrectly that might have been fixed since that video was recorded.

1 minute ago, cargalia said:

just asked my uncle he said no,

I'm sorry, but this made me laugh really hard.

10 minutes ago, cargalia said:

what is the difference between a realm and server?

The difference would be "realm" is what you choose in the realm list, whereas the "server" would be what is hosting the "realms." There are many realms hosted on the same server, thus they are all connected to by using the same realmlist.

There is Elysium the "server," as in the combination of all the realms hosted by Elysium; then there is Elysium the "realm," which is the fresh realm they added a while back.

38 minutes ago, Raziya said:

Can't you just test it yourself? Don't you play a hunter?

What is the addon to display the cast time of Aimed Shot? I'd be happy to test it myself, but I don't typically play with Aimed Shot, and thus don't have timers for it.

Edited by Fisher

4 minutes ago, cargalia said:

im sure it's noticeable if it affects it or not, without a timer even.

I'm not in the habit of using "noticeable" as an accurate measurement of time. I want to know exactly how long the cast takes to see if there is an actual difference in the cast time reduction if either of those buffs are applied.

2 hours ago, Raziya said:

Did some rough testing. I recorded myself using Aimed Shot with and without Quick Shots. Then I checked what the cast time of Aimed Shot was with Berserking (troll racial). I didn't check the cast speed using Rapid Fire, the Minor Haste enchant, or any combination of the three buffs and two other effects.

• Aimed Shot without Quick Shots = 3.06 cast. If you account for my FPS rate while recording, it's probably accurate to say the actual cast time was 3.0 and I didn't see that the shot had fired until 3.06.
  • Aimed Shot with Quick Shots = 2.22 second cast. Adjusting for a few milliseconds of inaccuracy, it seemed like the cast time was indeed 2.307 seconds, or at least close enough to the expected cast time. A second test resulted in a 2.16 second cast time.
  • Aimed Shot with Berserking = 3.04 second cast. Adjusting for a few milliseconds of inaccuracy, I think it was safe to assume that Berserking did not decrease the cast time of Aimed Shot as expected.
  • Aimed Shot without Quick Shots or a Quiver = 3.19 second cast. This one confused me the most. Taking the quiver off seemed to increase the cast time, but not by the amount that it should have. I'm guessing it was simply inaccuracy from my FPS during recording. If I account for ~0.6 seconds on each end of the recording, it's about the same speed as a standard Aimed Shot. I think it was safe to assume the quiver did not affect Aimed Shot's cast time.

According to this totally scientific and 100% accurate test, it is confirmed that Aimed Shot's cast speed is:

1. Not affected by Berserking.
  2. Not affected by a quiver.
  3. Affected by Quick Shots.

I'm principled enough to admit when I am wrong. This is one of those times. However, it seems Shaze was also wrong about one thing: Berserking does not affect the cast time.

All of this sounds like a bug to me. The one thing that should affect its cast speed (Berserking) does not, yet at least one of the things that shouldn't affect its cast speed does.

I just tested it on my hunter. For me, all of the three cases (Berserking, Rapid Fire, IAotH) result in a reduced casttime for Aimed Shot (even Berserking).

just tried it and Rapid Fire does affect the cast time. quick shots didnt really care. i couldnt check berserk because i dont own a troll hunter 

idk though something ain't right, something isn't adding up. i want to refrain from looking at bugs on this server. it's extremely cringeworthy.

Edited by cargalia
ignorant