Sign in to follow this  
surfer331

hunter pet leveling points

Hello I had a question regarding leveling up pets and the points they obtain for spending on say resistance, stam, and armor upgrades.

Would I be able to obtain more pet points by leveling up a lower level pet? It seems that when I got my boar at lvl 10 and kept him until around 45, and when I got a new pet around the same level it did not have as much points to spend on its upgrades.

So does the pets level affect the amount of points it can accumulate while leveling with me?

Yes. Every pet will have the same amount of skill points available at each corresponding level and loyalty.

The formula used is this (level)*(loyalty-1)

I feel like sometimes the point amount is bugged, so you might wanna reset his skills at a pet trainer, it only costs 10 silver.

It is bugged. The cost shown in the pet training window and the actual amount that gets spent are different.

And yes, your pet gets more skill points with each level. Both level and loyalty level affect the number of skill points available.

On 19.2.2017 at 1:56 AM, gotmilk0112 said:

It is bugged. The cost shown in the pet training window and the actual amount that gets spent are different.

And yes, your pet gets more skill points with each level. Both level and loyalty level affect the number of skill points available.

its not bugged its just very badly made by blizzard.

exapmle: the cost of lets say Armor 5 is 50 and Armor 4 was 25 (already trained), if you train Armor 5 now it only costs 25 points because you get Armor 4 "refunded" as they dont stack, only the best one is active. The same goes with the effects, Armor 5 will only provide the difference between Armor 4 and Armor 5. Otherwise you could stack resistences to ridiculous amounts (30+60+90+120), in reality 120 is the max.

I picked arbitrary numbers here to show how the system works.