Sign in to follow this  
lineupofpeace

Question on pre-raid BIS gear - Elysium PvP

As a fairly casual player looking to gear up for raids, I'm targeting BoE gear whenever possible such as Warmonger (~50g), Flawless Arcanite Rifle (mats for this seem to cost around 300g), and Black Dragonscale Shoulders (~100g) rather than their BoP equivalents (Dal Rends, Blackcrow, Truestrike shoulder's etc.).

I have enough time to farm gold for an hour or so a day during the week, so this route seems preferable to spending running instances to try and acquire the BoP's which may be better.

Will there be a significant drop off in DPS or make it harder to get into raids? Just wanted to get some thoughts.

Edited by lineupofpeace

Great BoE items that you should consider as well:

- Devilsaur legs & gloves

- Stormshroud armor, shoulders and legs

- Heartseeking crossbow > Flawless arcanite rifle

- Dawn's edge/assassination blade

- Tier 0 bracers and belt

- Arcanite Reaper

Pre raid bis items you can farm solo:

-Blackstone ring

-Atal'ai Breastplate of Agility (26 agility 22 ap)

Good quest items worth considering:

- Voone's vice grips

- Mark of fordring

- Band of the penitent

- Wyrmhide Spaulders

Also; Hunters seems to have some obsession with acquiring 9% hit over everything. It's really over rated, I'm prioritizing agi and crit more and usually aim for around 6% hitchance. I equip hit gear to be capped when I am tranqing. 

Gl!

On 3/11/2017 at 9:33 PM, Aziz said:

Great BoE items that you should consider as well:

- Devilsaur legs & gloves

- Stormshroud armor, shoulders and legs

- Heartseeking crossbow > Flawless arcanite rifle

- Dawn's edge/assassination blade

- Tier 0 bracers and belt

- Arcanite Reaper

Pre raid bis items you can farm solo:

-Blackstone ring

-Atal'ai Breastplate of Agility (26 agility 22 ap)

Good quest items worth considering:

- Voone's vice grips

- Mark of fordring

- Band of the penitent

- Wyrmhide Spaulders

Also; Hunters seems to have some obsession with acquiring 9% hit over everything. It's really over rated, I'm prioritizing agi and crit more and usually aim for around 6% hitchance. I equip hit gear to be capped when I am tranqing. 

Gl!

Thanks a lot this is really helpful.

Why is Heartseeking Crossbow better than Flawless Arcanite Rifle?

40g vs 300g for very similar damage, also the procc on it seems interesting. Also some very welcome agility and stamina.

I 100% disagree with the above posting regarding hit cap; always prioritize hit cap. Dps from stacking agi and crit won't make up for missed shots.

You'll definitely want to do at least 1 LBRS (chance for Blackcrow and other pieces) to get the quest item to do UBRS for Blackhand's Breadth, which will last you quite a long time. Aziz's list is decent, and though I think you'll get more mileage with the Rifle, the Crossbow will work as well til you can get something else.

Have you tried without going 9%? Trust me it's a game changer. I'll give you maths from Swstats next reset.

I'm wondering why blackcrow is even considered pre-bis given what's known about +weapon skill. Would not the flawless arcanite rifle give much more than 1% hit and also have harder hitting aimed/multi since those are normalized to weapon dps and not speed here?

For raids, the rifle is a bit too fast, which results in messed up rotations because you would delay your autoshots with the aimed shot cast.

And no, it wouldn't drastically increase your hit against bosses (lvl 63+) - you need 305 rating for the famous 3 % hit - or rather a difference of 10 between your opponents defense skill and your weapon skill.

On 3/19/2017 at 1:17 PM, Aziz said:

Have you tried without going 9%? Trust me it's a game changer. I'll give you maths from Swstats next reset.

Yes. Missing aimed shots on Golemagg feels pretty fucking bad.

Also, when using the Rifle, you'd want to clip your shots for rotation. Someone mathed all this out a bit back (3rd post down shows specific weapons):
https://web.archive.org/web/20150430054110/http://forums.elitistjerks.com/topic/8267-hunter-damage-cycles-breakdown
Numbers are scaled up to T2 level of gear, but the levels would remain equivalent.

Edited by Lala

On 3/19/2017 at 9:39 PM, Proto said:

I'm wondering why blackcrow is even considered pre-bis given what's known about +weapon skill. Would not the flawless arcanite rifle give much more than 1% hit and also have harder hitting aimed/multi since those are normalized to weapon dps and not speed here?

I had no idea this was the case - that aimed/multi shot damage was normalized to weapon DPS. Does this change in later patches? Wouldn't Hurricane (which I bought at lvl 48 for 20g) be better than Heartseeking Crossbow then?

I just bought the Arcanite Rifle and was surprised/disappointed that my aimed/multi shot damage stayed the same.

The normalization was introduced in patch 1.8.0 (hunter normalization in patch 1.10.0) - the core the Elsyiumservers run on however uses certain game mechanics from the 1.12.1 patch (e.g. talents) - this is also the case for normalization.

And, as I already mentioned, you want the slowest weapon possible or you completely gut your rotation. You can't fit an Aimed Shot between two Autoattacks without timeloss when using fast weapons such as Hurricane (and really everything else but Crossbows).

The only real exception for this rule is Rhok'delar, the reason for this being the ridiculous increase in damage (and stats - especially for trolls).

Edited by Poly

On 2017-03-21 at 5:31 AM, Lala said:

Yes. Missing aimed shots on Golemagg feels pretty fucking bad

I did 508 DPS on golemagg last night with 6% chance to hit. That's top 3 hunter dps on that boss on Elysium. My fight was also around 40 seconds longer than most of the other fights which gives me an disadvantage. http://realmplayers.com/RaidStats/FightOverview.aspx?Raid=65772&Fight=8

I couldn't record accurate stats last night on shots missed because swstats was reset before each boss pull last night. I will try to look for an add-on which tracks my shots hit, missed, average dmg per shot etc for next week, but this surely proves that not going hit capped is for sure arguably better than being capped.

Dont forget that hunters are somewhat decent at this content patch but become more and more a utility class when BWL and things increase caster DPS. Therefore you WANT 9% hit to 100% hit your tranq shots. Otherwise you might miss one and wipe your raid and YOU will be responsible for wiping the raid.

Step 1: Have 6% hit chance

Step 2: Equip warmonger

Step 3: Tranq shot

Step 4: Equip your DPS weapons again

Step 5: Profit

DPSMate shows missed shots etc. - this is the AddOn used to record to LegacyLogs. I think that's the kind of AddOn you are looking for.