Sign in to follow this  
Theloras

How to top Healing meters without casting a single Heal...

23 minutes ago, Morook said:

is this an attempt to shame your guilds low healing?

It's to show how powerful the Tier 1 set bonuses are when used with Judgement of Light in raid-wide heavy damage boss encounters...

It is the ultimate force multiplier when also paired with me swinging Nightfall with Seal of Righteousness for max uptime on the +15% spell vulnerability debuff.

Good job! After I ware-out my welcome as a Prot paladin. I'm looking for some things to do afterwords that isn't Cut and Dry healing builds.

Hey Theloras,

I rolled on Elysium to avoid you in all honestly.  People Hate Ret paladins after all, so I thought it best not to over saturate a single server.  I ended up with the name crapretpally.  All my sin variants were taken.  Just wanted to say,"hi!"  I'll be attempting Rank 14 at some point, just leveling and getting the gold situation squared away, 300 alchemy at level 35 and I'm half of the way to an epic mount at level 44. I will however go ahead and add something useful to this topic.

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=17705

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=871

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=11684

PLUS

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=11815

=

MORE http://db.vanillagaming.org/?spell=21747 Procs

If your going with this route, your best bet is farm ironfoe because the other two won't cut it dps wise, sucks to be you, and using the 1handed seal of righteousness variant listed in Theloras Retribution Guide.  Whatever group your in will likely not need much from a, "healer." Otherwise, try to be content on nightfall duty.  At least they're letting you swing a 2hander, right?

P:S:

Theloras is 1h weapon specialization still bugged on this server?  I'm under the impression it  does not effect seal of righteousness damage.

Edited by SInit
fixed links

Hey theloras quick question on full t1.

Do you benefit the most from the set bonus by being in a full melee group or a normal tank group setup? (Pally/lock/tanks)

Top_Healing_Lol.jpg

8/8 Tier 1 set bonus AoE group heal + Judgement of Light = #1 effective healing on Flamegor

While swinging Nightfall ain't bad :)

47 minutes ago, judgejewdy said:

u guys must take massive aoe dmg on flamegore 

Lots of AoE fire dmg on Magmadar and Golemag in MC and then Vael, Firemaw and Flamegor in BWL - I put up Judgement of Light on each of those boss fights along with my 8/8 Tier 1 for max healing and caster dps buff from Nightfall

Is that 8/8 Tier bonus  affected by +heal gear? and does it count for the whole raid or just for your group?

9 hours ago, Amj said:

Is that 8/8 Tier bonus  affected by +heal gear? and does it count for the whole raid or just for your group?

no it doesn't scale which makes the overall stats on Tier 1 pretty stupid and no the AoE heal is group only

however, when paired with Judgement of Light it's incredibly powerful as the screenshot above shows and now that realmplayers is back up:

http://realmplayers.com/RaidStats/FightOverview.aspx?Raid=68809&Fight=6

so the 3/8 bonus + always JoL up is the big point with this healingstyle? do you know the proc-chance of the 8/8 bonus?  normaly you want to be in the tank group to get as much effective healing as possible? cause the pic shows something different

1 hour ago, Amj said:

so the 3/8 bonus + always JoL up is the big point with this healingstyle? do you know the proc-chance of the 8/8 bonus?  normaly you want to be in the tank group to get as much effective healing as possible? cause the pic shows something different

Judgement of Light only really needs to be put up on incoming high dmg to melee fights such as:

- Magmadar, Shazzrah and Golemag in MC
- Vael, Firemaw and Flamegor in BWL
- Skeram, Sartura, Viscidus, Huhuran, Ouro in AQ40

Otherwise, all those procs from Judgement of Light will just be Over-Healing.

For all other encounters and trash packs I put up Judgement of Wisdom.

As for what group I'm in, our guild healers have found that I'm best being placed in a melee group so that they can focus on the tanks (for the fights mentioned above) - I can single handedly keep my entire group alive with Judgement of Light and my group AoE heal which has a ~20% proc rate with Nightfall + Seal of Righteousness.

Thanks for your help =)

Is that 3/8 bonus just for your own attacks or for everbody whos attacking the npc with your JoL debuff?

Did you try it at other boss fights without high inc dmg for the whole raid to be in tank group? would be interesting to know whether the proc rate depends on weapon speed & Seal of the Crusader

3 minutes ago, Amj said:

Thanks for your help =)

Is that 3/8 bonus just for your own attacks or for everbody whos attacking the npc with your JoL debuff?

Did you try it at other boss fights without high inc dmg for the whole raid to be in tank group? would be interesting to know whether the proc rate depends on weapon speed & Seal of the Crusader

it's +10% for all JoL procs

yea, I've been in the tank group without high raid wide dmg and it works fine as well with my aoe group heal going to them

btw - don't use Seal of the Crusader - use Seal of Righteousness

can you tell me why?

with crusader i got more attacks => more healoutput bei 8/8 bonus

10 hours ago, Amj said:

can you tell me why?

with crusader i got more attacks => more healoutput bei 8/8 bonus

SoR/JoR trigger weapon/enchant/trinket procs so you end up getting more procs using SoR/JoR then just using SotC

Plus you can trigger double JoW procs on the same swing with white + SoR